Need to gain 40 pounds....Help Wanted

Does anyone know how i can gain 40 pounds by November?...See im 6'0 and i'm only 140 pounds...i workout in the weightroom 4-5 day a week and i try to gain weight..but it isn't happening...I need to gain the weight so I can become a stronger more physical point guard before my first year or college...please help

How are you 6'0 and 140?
sick.gif

Sit, eat, NT, eat, sleep and repeat.

no aiyoo but....

PICS?

you must look like concentration camp skinny?

eat son. a lot. try not to eat in huge portions, just medium portions every 2 hours.

i dont kno how to post pics...but i dont look that skinny everyone thinks im like 160 but when i step on the scale....i see 140...i meen i do go to the weight room and have muscles and stuff...i am not that weak either..i can squat 325 10x but my bench is lagging at a mear 180.

i'm almost in the same boat as you, but i already know what my problem is ... i'm a hard gainer and in order to get my weight up i have to eat about 4-5k calories per day and drink a minimum of 3 shakes etc... etc... i am looking to put on about 40-50 pounds by december and it's not unrealistic as i've gained 30lbs in 2 months before ...

you HAVE to eat all day ... not only breakfast lunch and dinner, but also 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in between each ... at least 2 meal replacement shakes and 1 protein shake per day ... some people say it isnt healthy to gain that much weight in such a short time but as long as you take it easy if you encounter any problems you should be OK ...

EAT EAT EAT ... LIFT LIFT LIFT ... REST

The most obvious thing to do is eat,eat,eat.
you say you tried but maybe your not consuming double the normal calories.
try 5-6 meals a day 2-3 protein shakes as backup meals.

i myself was 5'11 135.....food and protein shakes became my best friend im currently at 181 lbs in a span of 7 months.

get a job at a fast food restaurant...

or lose your job...

either one of these will work...

4 months to put on 40 pounds?

a drastic amount like that in a such a small period of time is more about eating than anything else, theres no way your putting on 40 lean pounds in that amount of time, better off shooting for 30 and even thats drastic

you sure you want to put on that kind of weight in such a small period of time?  you may be "bulkier" in doing so but youll probably be out of shape from doing it

that sad part is that all the actual basketball training youre doing pretty much prevents you from adding a drastic amount of weight, with all the eating and lifting youll be lucky to put on 10-15 lbs

lol, try gaining 10 1st. trying to gain all those 40lbs quickly might be something you might regret.

believe me.

I had the same "problem".
I weighed 135 at 6'0'' about 1.5 months ago.

I'm currently at 155.

I am now eating 3500+ Calories a day, with 145g of protein.

Meal 1: 100G of Oats, 50g of raisins, & 1 scoop of whey.
Meal 2: 100g Mixed Nuts OR 1 Liter of Milk OR a Tuna Sandwich.
Meal 3: 200g of Pasta with sauce and parmesan cheese.
Meal 4: 100g Mixed Nuts OR 1 Liter of Milk OR a Tuna Sandwich.
Meal 5: 200g of Pasta with sauce and parmesan cheese.
Meal 6: Cottage Cheese, Strawberries, Flax Seed, and 1 Fish Oil Pill.

Working out low reps & heavy weights. A lot of rest.

MuscleMilkNYT.jpg

drink 2 glasses a day with WHOLE milk.. thats gonna be almost 1000 extra calories plus a lot of protein.

i normally wouldnt recommend muscle milk due to its high caloric content... but you obviously need as many calories per day as you can get.

I gained 21 lbs within 5-6 months from eating more red meat than you're supposed to, and had lots of oreos and peanut butter.. peanut butter is the trick.

You're not gaining 40 pounds by that time
laugh.gif

At least not while being healthy.
Consume more calories than you use up during the day. It's that simple. Eat, eat, eat, and when you feel full, eat some more.

Originally Posted by Man E

I'm currently at 155.

thx i might try this diet...but my question is how can i balance everything along with basketball workouts

Originally Posted by DT43

MuscleMilkNYT.jpg

drink 2 glasses a day with WHOLE milk.. thats gonna be almost 1000 extra calories plus a lot of protein.

i normally wouldnt recommend muscle milk due to its high caloric content... but you obviously need as many calories per day as you can get.

i aint drinking this stuff..i just saw it on the news...they were talking about how it has metals in it...and if you consume too much it can cause health problems...n stuff.......i dont remember the name of the two metals it contains though...sorry

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

i aint drinking this stuff..i just saw it on the news...they were talking about how it has metals in it...and if you consume too much it can cause health problems...n stuff.......i dont remember the name of the two metals it contains though...sorry

Lead and arsenic I believe. I've heard mercury too?

Originally Posted by Man E

I'm currently at 155.

thx i might try this diet...but my question is how can i balance everything along with basketball workouts

eat more to account for the basketball workouts
wink.gif

I'm trying to bulk, and call me weak but I have a hard enough time hitting my maintenance needs

Today my diet was
Breakfast
3eggs
2egg whites
1 cup of oat meal
banana
blue berries
strrawberries
Lunch
Apple Juice
Protein shake
toast w/ butter
Lunch #2
two mcdonalds hamburgers
laugh.gif
(they pretty healthy though
nerd.gif
, 12g of protein per 250 calories)
Dinner
1 cup of rice
ribs
Desert
Cottage cheese
two yogurts

and I'm still going to have to eat some ice cream and another protein shake just to hit maintenence
smh.gif

youre too late 4 months is too little span of time. get ready to get bucked in college hoops

Does anyone know how i can gain 40 pounds by November?...See im 6'0 and i'm only 140 pounds...i workout in the weightroom 4-5 day a week and i try to gain weight..but it isn't happening...I need to gain the weight so I can become a stronger more physical point guard before my first year or college...please help

That's impossible. Plus it's gonna be unhealthy weight. I keep telling dudes that it's not about how much you weigh. It's about making shots with contact and being able to hold your position. You need to lift heavy. 

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Lead and arsenic I believe. I've heard mercury too?
yeah those two and cadmium

Back
Top Bottom