Need advice Re: College Roommate

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by ahs430

So, on this Roommate request sheet, what should I put as my interests to definitely get a black roommate? Basketball? Rap music?
roll.gif

Include "white women" and you'll get a black roommate for sure.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by flightman

OP, I GUARANTEE you'll get your $%#@!$ whooped by the end of the first week.

If I lived in Socal I'd find you and give that whoopin myself.

why tell him that?

If you're really worried, I suggest you give and take. Put some of your preferences and put some that will not make you look prejudice.
Good luck

ahs430 wrote:

Whatup, bretheren.

Basically, I'm heading to college in a few months and I just got my Roommate Preference sheet in the mail. I hate to sound, I guess, predjudice or anything, but I would really like a black roommate. I've never really had any black friends and really would like to get a black roomate for a new experience. I know this may sound like a troll post, but I am being very sincere and am actually very interested in the topic.

So, on this Roommate request sheet, what should I put as my interests to definitely get a black roommate? Basketball? Rap music?

I'm open to all ideas and I hope that this does not come off as racist, as that is not how I mean it at all.
indifferent.gif

Please dont get beat up at college. That is not different than me (I'm Black) saying I want a Caucasian Roomate and I list Alternative, Rock Music,Surfing, and Lacrosse. Just tell them you want an African American Roomate, however, when you get to Freshman Orientaion Week just make some friends withAfro-American students.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I did one of those
laugh.gif
I put No Jews or cats. Small dogs ok.
laugh.gif
wow.

my friend said he knows someone who was on the committee that puts together the roommates/housing at his school. they ran into a lot of weird things, but hesaid there was one year they got someone's roommate survey and all the guy had written was "i don't mind who i room with, just don't put mewith some fagg" or something like that... well lo and behold, they purposely gave the guy a gay roommate
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

No.

Just because someone is your roommate, does not mean they will like you or be your friend especially if you come off the way you are right now. Forcing a friendship out of a roommate is something that females do.

If you want black friends, there will be black folks at your school that you can try and get to know.

I'm black btw, If i was your roommate and somehow read your request....I'd be disgusted. Rap, basketball? (I might happen to like both, but thats beside the point). I like trading stocks and anime, didn't see that one comming huh?

You have good intentions, but your angle of attack of completely off. Do away with the stereotypes for starters. You seem like the type to change how you talk and act amongst African Americans. This is
indifferent.gif

It would be in your best interest to keep your narrow minded views of the African American diaspora to yourself and simply talk to us like you would anyone else. The black folks at my school didn't even request black roomates for their preferance. Request people we knew who happened to be black, but If I'm new to a school I'm not picking my roommate on racial preference. And it's even wierder if you do decide to use a racist filter and choose a race that isn't even your own.

Again, go to school with an open mind. Doesn't matter what race your roommate is or if y'all share things in common. I advise that your freshmen year you get someone who you don;t have anything in common with so you can learn something.

I'm not trying to make this a thread of generalizations.

Sure, I like rap music and basketball. I'm like a chameleon, brothers. I will "adapt", or whatever you want to call it, to best suit the condition. I live in an area (SoCal), where I haven't ever had any black friends at all, and I think it would be a different experience. I'm just looking for the best way to make this happen, be it stereotypical or not. Again, sorry if anybody is offended by my broad generalizations.

OP, You're Ignorance amuses me...
You're gonna end up with an exchange student, better hope he's from Africa. Not Likely...

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

roll.gif

Include "white women" and you'll get a black roommate for sure.

haha
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

let me hook u up on a secret*

See if you can request a gay male room mate. Then smash all his %!% hags. A got more girls around me than a str8 man does. My brothers use me to go out to gay clubs because there is no competition in the club there's all these ladies and the dudes are gay, so therefore ur set it's like being in a candy store my oldest bro described it. I can pick any girl take her home and smash. It's true ask anyone .

there is truth in this statement

Back
Top Bottom