NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

I'm not sure you're following, but I'm not proposing the existence of a third sex.

The main position against gender fluidity/identity rests on the proposition that there are only two gender classifications that can be reliably determined by the physical sexual characteristics we exhibit; in other words, there is a 1:1 relationship between sex and gender.

you are begging the question. the concept of a "gender identity" is where the dispute lies. You believe there is some ghost or spirit inside you called a gender identity and it can be different from your sex.

many people do not. that's why this is controversial.

Gender identity is a social theory not some fact of nature, and no one has to believe in it.
I think we have a two sexes and a whole bunch of personality traits that loosely correlate to sex.
I see no compelling evidence of gender spirits. males can be stereotypically feminine, and a woman can be masculine. none of this necessitates the concept of an internal "gender identity"

and again you brought up intersex people which have nothing to do with this.

The extent of including intersex folks in this convo is because they provide a less abstract counterargument that gender and sex can actually be decoupled: intersex conditions provide observable evidence that the probability that there is a 1:1 correspondence between what an individual's genes say about their sex and how their genitals physically develop isn't 1. This is why, as you reluctantly admitted, some of them do identify as "neither."
it doesn't say any of that any more than a human being being born without a brain stem,
calls into question the fact that humans have brains.

again you keep confusing sex characteristics or chromosomes for sex. sex is the gametes your body is organized to produce.
it's not your genes, or the genitals in isolation. Intersex condition doesn't say anything about trans people as trans people are not intersex.
a trans woman's body is organized around the production of small gametes aka sperm, thus the sex is male. they aren't intersex. they don't have a DSD.

its not reluctant admittance, again if I cut off my arm, is the absence of an arm a new type of arm?
you won't respond to any of these questions because your logic is leads to the absurd.

From there, we can't readily dismiss the notion that there exists some people whose perception of themselves is different from what they present as (transgenderism), especially if we're already open to the idea that people don't choose who they're attracted to.

Obviously there are people who suffer from gender dysphoria and need to transition.
but you have no idea why, you have no idea if they all do it for the same reasons,
and you have no idea if it's a fixed and immutable trait.

and I know you don't know because not even medical science knows.
You can't ignore the fact the science and research behind all of this is incredibly limited.

and the conflation with gayness is also silly, sexual orientation doesn't require experimental medical treatment. All the evidence shows that sexual orientation doesn't really change,
there is previous research indicating that gender dysphoria dissipates with puberty in most cases.

it's not the same thing.

To loop back on what started this exchange, there is nothing basic about sex (or gender for that matter), and to say that trans rights go against our understanding of sex is to be reductive about the biology and sociology of sex and gender.
I don't know why you are pretending to disagree with me when you don't.

my point at the top was most people don't believe in the concept of "gender identity" that is seperate from sex, and the differences between men and women is a big part of all human societies,

so naturally trying to insatiate this concept in culture and law is going to be controversial.
the only difference is you believe in the theory of gender identity and I don't.
but as YOU said, this type of change will generate push back.

Last edited:
All I’m saying is imagine giving the power to irrational parents and/or sports fans to challenge a woman’s sex

id hope folks in here remember some of things that got openly said about Serena Williams

Zendaya has a thick neck and masculine structure?

DamagedRevolvingBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

Where is it heading?

think of the things that have been openly said about Serena Williams and/or Michelle Obama or any number of black women

and now give irrational people the ability to openly question their sexuality with legit ramifications

think of the things that have been openly said about Serena Williams and/or Michelle Obama or any number of black women

and now give irrational people the ability to openly question their sexuality with legit ramifications

According to the "sex is a spectrum" believers this is correct.

If Sex is a spectrum, the more "masculine" features you posses the further down the "male" spectrum you get.

Zendaya, having having a flatter chest, sharp jaw line, ect means she's closer to being "male" than a woman who doesn't.

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

jake shields is probably still a really good grappler. Gonna be a lot of libs crying.

Back
Top Bottom