NC NTERS CHECK IN

So I've lived here for just under 5 months now, and no offense, but the drivers in North Carolina @%#@%$% suck. I have never had to deal with so many people driving 65-70 in the far left lane (THE FAST LANE/PASSING LANE) and just sit there as cars line up behind them trying to get through. Totally oblivious. I don't understand it.

If the speed limit is 65, I set my cruise control to 73/74, get in the right lane or middle lane, and use the left lane to pass the slower traffic.
If the speed limit is 70, I set my cruise control to 75-79 and get in the right lane, using the left lane to pass the slower traffic.

I frequently have to slow all the way back down to 65, sometimes even 60-55 because these people sit in the passing lane, not passing.

Am I the only one that feels this way, or is my mentality still stuck in California?

Originally Posted by eaalto

So I've lived here for just under 5 months now, and no offense, but the drivers in North Carolina @%#@%$% suck. I have never had to deal with so many people driving 65-70 in the far left lane (THE FAST LANE/PASSING LANE) and just sit there as cars line up behind them trying to get through. Totally oblivious. I don't understand it.

If the speed limit is 65, I set my cruise control to 73/74, get in the right lane or middle lane, and use the left lane to pass the slower traffic.
If the speed limit is 70, I set my cruise control to 75-79 and get in the right lane, using the left lane to pass the slower traffic.

I frequently have to slow all the way back down to 65, sometimes even 60-55 because these people sit in the passing lane, not passing.

Am I the only one that feels this way, or is my mentality still stuck in California?
Ha, try living in Pinehurst where you have old retired people just randomly pull out in front of you and poke.  That poking along in the passing lane kills me though.

My local HIbbets is getting one pair per size of the cool greys.   Doubtful my 12's will be around. I was living in Wilmington when the BRED's retroed in 2001 miss having that access to a mall.

Been relatively MIA lately on NT (although someone did message me on Twitter and finish it with "Tap, Tap, Pull" which cracked me up). Anyway, my first plan of attack is Flava Factory for the Cool Greys, but does anyone have any other advice? I feel like I got lucky on Space Jams last year with that because of my size (8.5) and can't decide whether this is going to be worse or what. So yeah, any suggestions for here in Charlotte?

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Any NC heads going to the Girl Talk show @ Cat's Cradle in January? 

I'm considering Girl Talk in January here in Charlotte, but admittedly having a hard time getting down with the $33 ticket price.

Originally Posted by Countryboi2m

got me a pair of cool greys on lock thanks to the bobcats team store......pretty painless
My boy just called me and told me he got a pair on lock for me too!

the bobcats team store is selling the cool grey 11s at 2pm.....and if you went to the game last night and was one of the first 15 to showed them your ticket they would reserve you a place at the front of the line.

I wondered why so man damn people were lined up early waiting on the doors to open last night. Unfortunately I was about 30th to go in. Had no idea.

Originally Posted by woody2626

I wondered why so man damn people were lined up early waiting on the doors to open last night. Unfortunately I was about 30th to go in. Had no idea.
yea for some reason they tried to keep it top secret and only told people that are a fan of the bobcats on facebook.

anyone tryin to cop the xmas lebrons or kobes on the 26th ????????

think either will be a tough cop ??

i kinda like the xmas kd's better than either tha kobe or lebron drop

merry christmas to all that nc fam !

Already about 10 heads (uh, UPDATE: went to Starbucks, and they're at about 20 now) or so lined up at Flava Factory on South. Ugh. I still have to shower and get packed for my trip tomorrow. Might have to go Plan B or C on this thing. How bad are Concord Mills or South Park for these types of releases? I'll try online too, probably.

just got back from cary, yawn.

wish everyone the best of luck
happy.gif

for any raleigh area heads Crabtree HOH said they WILL be sellin tha kobes and lebrons on sunday morning, they open at 10 (special mall hours for that day)

any one ride by the arena? its nuts line out the door.....goons riding around the block asking people how much they want for their shoes or just "taking them".....luck i got my shoes and got to my car easy

Hanes Mall was ridiculous this morning. Mall cop getting stormed over, mad dash through the door. The glass pillar that goes up to the ceiling pulled about 3 feet away from the others leaving a gap about half way up. Didn't get a pair there went to Footlocker on Patterson, was about 8th in line at 6 am. They opened and everyone in front of me needed small sizes, I get up there and the guy says they only have 9-10.5 %%@$!%$ sick of employees hoarding pairs. Sizes 11 and up never even were available to be purchased.

^ I thought about heading to Hanes, glad I didn't now.

Did anyone go to Four Seasons? Heard they had a midnight release...

I went out there....they were done by 12:45am...everywhere is sold out. May try to wait on the b-grades...if not then ill wait for the hype to die down then try to cop

Back
Top Bottom