NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

season 1 wasnt perfect

you could tell troys character changed half ways through the season

I like how Troy character was in the 1st half of the season (Arrogant cool kid in HS vs what he was the rest of the series )

Perfect to me was the key part :lol:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I slightly remember now.

Donald left the show and Chevy got fired over something controversial. I recall those two things had already harmed my enjoyment if the show and I drifted away.

I imagine my last post in here was the last time I watched an ep.

I mean c'mon yahoo?

In the same boat as those who never watched the Yahoo season. I haven't watched the show in such a long time, that so much would seem new to me again. :smokin

"I TOLD PIERCE A THOUSAND TIMES.. I NEVER WANTED TO MEET LAVAR IN PERSON.. I JUST WANTED A PICTURE.. YOU CAN'T DISAPPOINT A PICTURE"

Community holds a special place in my heart. I remember waiting for the AV Club's review to pop up and trying to immediately get on it and start reading and commentating. Those old AV Club review sections were incredible. I need to rewatch the series. I think I don't rewatch it as often as others because of the behind the scenes drama with Harmon being gone for a season, then the BS Yahoo season, it adapted as best it could, but it wasn't one of those shows like Parks that could go through cast changes and keep on being smooth. You really noticed and felt all the behind the scenes stuff. Still.. at it's prime the show was one of the best.

season 1 wasnt perfect

you could tell troys character changed half ways through the season

reminded me of how they changed leslies character after season one of parks and rec
Yeah, his character definitely evolved from the former HS football jock origin.

Just re-watched the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons episode. Amazing stuff.

I wish Chevy Chase and Harmon never had beef. I wish the OG cast last till the end.

I didnt realize till earlier this year that some super fans actually made the journey to the center of hawkthorne an actual game. havent played in awhile and didnt get too far but the amount of detail is unbelievable
giphy.gif

https://github.com/niamu/hawkthorne-return

In case anyone needs a refresher for why Chevy left: https://news.avclub.com/dan-harmon-reveals-exactly-what-happened-that-time-chev-1798232992

"I TOLD PIERCE A THOUSAND TIMES.. I NEVER WANTED TO MEET LAVAR IN PERSON.. I JUST WANTED A PICTURE.. YOU CAN'T DISAPPOINT A PICTURE"

Community holds a special place in my heart. I remember waiting for the AV Club's review to pop up and trying to immediately get on it and start reading and commentating. Those old AV Club review sections were incredible. I need to rewatch the series. I think I don't rewatch it as often as others because of the behind the scenes drama with Harmon being gone for a season, then the BS Yahoo season, it adapted as best it could, but it wasn't one of those shows like Parks that could go through cast changes and keep on being smooth. You really noticed and felt all the behind the scenes stuff. Still.. at it's prime the show was one of the best.

Totally forgot Harmon was away for a season. You're right, you could definitely see a difference in each episode.

Back
Top Bottom