NBA should do something to improve the Slam Dunk contest...

I thought Wade's reaction after supposedly the best dunk of the night by DeRozen was funnier than Howard's reaction.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at brown's hype in this dunk contest from everyone even kobe to his brilliant performance last night

The participants this year didnt have what it takes to put on a good show. You cannot expect a dunk contest to be a success with average dunkers in it.

N thats that.

Definitely get rid of the teammate aspect of it. Put more pressure on these guys to get more creative.

The event is a circus act now. It's not about who can make the crowd go into a frenzy, it's about who can perform the most missed dunk attempts 3-4 times in a row until one does go down.
smh.gif

put in players that actually want to be in there, instead of people who dont even look like they wanna be there

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

put in players that actually want to be in there, instead of people who dont even look like they wanna be there

Russell Westbrook and Joe Alexander been trying to get in this since they have been in the league. Sure he's seeming to be a bit o a bust in terms of basketball, but a guy who warms up before practice by touching his head on the rim needs to be in the dunk contest.

good thing Lebron wasn't in it..then people would of said he had it too easy, but then again if I paid to see that crap last night... I would want my money back.

Dunk contest just needs more contestants, not enough competition or dunks like it used to be. NBA is trying to cram too much stuff in....take out skills contest or something.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

good thing Lebron wasn't in it..then people would of said he had it too easy, but then again if I paid to see that crap last night... I would want my money back.

Dunk contest just needs more contestants, not enough competition or dunks like it used to be. NBA is trying to cram too much stuff in....take out skills contest or something.
Tickets were hella expensive too, they never even released them to the public so to get in the building even in the uppers of the 300s section was running about 300$ a seat. But that's why it's so many celebrities there and that's the goal I guess. But who was that George Bush looking dude sitting by Marey J Blidge?

I remember when there was like 8 players and it was good. Im sure theres tons of nba guys that want participate but for some reason they only let four. Next yea they should invite a non-nba player or two!!

Get rid of it and replace it with a 3 on 3 halfcourt game with no fouls with the dirtiest players in the leagues and play up to 16. This way, they get to honor the dirtiest players and we get to see some real entertainment.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Russell Westbrook and Joe Alexander been trying to get in this since they have been in the league. Sure he's seeming to be a bit o a bust in terms of basketball, but a guy who warms up before practice by touching his head on the rim needs to be in the dunk contest.

this. some guys want to be in it. i remember dwight wanting to be in it during his second year but the nba declined him. gerald wallace didnt want to be in it, he had a bad experience with the whole wheel thing and even said before the contest he wasnt gonna practice and just do whatever. he showed no enthusiasm when asked about it and he doesnt have the personality to pump up the crowd. i give nate credit for trying to get the crowd going, but this contest was horrible.

Originally Posted by Durden7

The problem is nothing is impressive anymore.  Weve seen everything that can be done.  Weve reached the human limit.
agreed. I mean it was getting old and than Dwight brought the props in and he was just OD with it last year and people are fed up with that now. It was
eek.gif
to watch people dunk on each other these past few years but after watching 5'7 Nate dunk on 7'0 Dwight nothing could really top that so thats now played out. Through the legs, FT line dunks those were the +*%% back in the day also, and now its @$#++%@ nothing. Theres not alot left to do that is humanely possible, its not like these guys arent ill athletes so stop saying that. And Lebrons a *%%@* he may be a bigger star but in terms of athleticism he is not over the top on any of these dudes at all, and even if he was how about he not *%%@* the +!%! out and show people?
smh.gif

Did yall know that Kevin Durant was actually invited to be in it but declined? According to sources, multiple times. Like that's how Stern works. He just makes a decision and runs with it.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Did yall know that Kevin Durant was actually invited to be in it but declined? According to sources, multiple times. Like that's how Stern works. He just makes a decision and runs with it.

u gotta let fans vote in at least 2 dudes..that way we always get to see guys who we want in da joint.....

It was horrible, they need to get creative, man these dudes aint thinking, they act like scared girls. just go all out if you miss so what????
I rather see a exciting miss rather than a dunk i could do in the 8th grade playing JV,smh

Throw a crazy ally to yourself, and when you catch it just do something crazy to the rim.

They should have the dudes from my former High School to put on a show, we would have the crowd ROCKING (an yes we are reall ballers) we would shut down the 3 point contest and the skills challenge an horse. IT WOULD BE EPIC

The College senior dunk contest is ALWAYS
pimp.gif

real talk check it out

the year james white and rodney carney and some other dudes was EPIC

Originally Posted by ninjahood

u gotta let fans vote in at least 2 dudes..that way we always get to see guys who we want in da joint.....
I guess if you wanna see T-Mac and Yao in it
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom