NBA should do something to improve the Slam Dunk contest...

It has not been very good in years now and tonight it reached an all time low.

I thought it was terrible the first time Nate won it, then the next year D12 wins it when one of his attempts wasn't even a dunk, and now Nate wins it for the 3rd time basically by default.

The competition has lost the creativity and excitement that it once had.

cut it
laugh.gif

some 'realistic' ideas....

-add more players (have 6 contestants or more)
-have an 'allstar' dunk contest, have the winners of the past few contest be in it (nate/dwight/gerald/josh)

smh.gif
@ Gerald Wallace doing a regular reverse jam on his first dunk... This year's dunk contest was HORRIBLE.

We've been saying this every year for a while now.

Nothings going to happen. They need to be more creative. they should like have tryouts and have fans vote on that.

Let the final decision of the dunk contest to be to the judges.

Just open it up so anyone can enter. I think most NBA players realize that some of the best dunkers in the world don't actually play in the NBA. I'd rather watch some no-name do crazy dunks instead of a B-list NBA star do average dunks

The problem is nothing is impressive anymore.  Weve seen everything that can be done.  Weve reached the human limit.

they just need better contestants

and tfb has ruined every single dunk contest ill ever see. nothing "wow's" me anymore unless its them who do some crazy !**%

Redo the entire weekend.

Axe EVERY single event other than H.O.R.S.E. (I'm dead serious).

H.O.R.S.E. has potential if you actually had some of the best trick shot players in it (Sheed would shut the place down).  Also, actually play the game by the actual rules for starters.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...Winner gets $250,000...cash.

Turn the 3 point contest into a GIANT game of Knockout.  I'm talking like the 50 best 3 point shooters in the L.  This would be so
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.  Dudes would be anxious to get in this and it would be competitive as hell.  Winner get $500,000...cash.

21 with 5 savages.  S-Jaxx, Ron Ron, K-Mart, Big Ben, and Joakim Noah.  This would be the final event.
pimp.gif
  Winner gets $1,000,000...cash. 

Also, JYD needs to hand out ALL awards.  He deserves some type of life time achievement honor for being so dedicated to these festivities.

Do it $tern!

1) More contestants
Doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever to only have 4 people (especially if two of them are just horrible), 6 is reasonable if the time slot is what they are worried about.

2) players that can ACTUALLY dunk
Gerald Wallace should have NEVER been in the contest, he's just not that kinda player. get players who can and actually want to be into the dunk contest in it

3) It didn't make sense to have the dunk-in during the rookie sophomore game, because Eric Gordon was tired, get rid of it.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Redo the entire weekend.

Axe EVERY single event other than H.O.R.S.E. (I'm dead serious).

H.O.R.S.E. has potential if you actually had some of the best trick shot players in it (Sheed would shut the place down).  Also, actually play the game by the actual rules for starters.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...Winner gets $250,000...cash.

Turn the 3 point contest into a GIANT game of Knockout.  I'm talking like the 50 best 3 point shooters in the L.  This would be so
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.  Dudes would be anxious to get in this and it would be competitive as hell.  Winner get $500,000...cash.

21 with 5 savages.  S-Jaxx, Ron Ron, K-Mart, Big Ben, and Joakim Noah.  This would be the final event.
pimp.gif
  Winner gets $1,000,000...cash. 

Also, JYD needs to hand out ALL awards.  He deserves some type of life time achievement honor for being so dedicated to these festivities.

Do it $tern!
Hysterical

This event could have been good if Wallace and Shannon step it up. I guess these guys arent made for dunk contest
indifferent.gif
booooo

I remember the days of when you would miss a dunk you were pretty much out. Now and days they can try a dunk as many times as they want.

players literally did dunks they would do in a regular game...lolol shannon brown caught a one hand alley oop...how much more basic can you get

Back
Top Bottom