NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

pistons are just fallin apart
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Gortat does not fit because you already have money wasting away in Diop, Dampier, and What about Ryan Hollins?

How many useless post centers does Dallas need on one team that is costing you over 5 million?

Hollins is the cheapest out of that grouping also.

Gortat does not have another big man starting that can be on the inside with him like a Duncan or even Howard when he was on the floor with him.

Dirk is a jumpshooting Big Man. he does not have a inside post game like a Duncan that can be used when the jumpshot is not going.

It is a waste. I do not care if they trade Damp's contract. They wasted Money on a center that will not be effective in that system vs other formidable big men.

Dirk is going to guard KG when he vs. Boston? Maybe Sheed?

How about Bynum and Gasol in LA?

Okur/Boozer?

Chandler and West?

Gortat is not the Answer for Dallas when they have the same players right now.

If you want 2 to 4 points, Defense, and a couple of rebounds, Then put Diop in. You have him for another four seasons.
You invalidated everything you said and proved you don't what you are talking when it comes to the Mavs by saying this
Co-sign. Diop aint been on the team for a minute and the Mavs will try and shop Dampier or keep him as the backup. Damp wouldnt be a bad backupcenter.

Originally Posted by air max 87

ehhh for Dallas to win dirk needs to step up, dallas has had pretty good teams the past few years, but none have been stars, dirk needs to put the team on his back and take on that role.
grin.gif
You could argue that this past season was Dirks best season, possibly better than his MVP season. Dude put in work. Had 23 straight games of over20 points or more, the longest in the NBA this season.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

as much as i hate the mavs, Dirk deserves a chance to compete hopefully dude gets outta town some way
Dirk doesn't want out of Dallas, he has said it multiple times before. He wants to win a championship in Dallas. Dont think Dallas wont be inthe "2010" fight. We got Mark Cuban money backing our team.

I think some of yall should stick to talking about the teams you know about it.

My bad guys.

Forgot about the Carrol/Hollins for Diop trade.

Like I said, Take the L. I was wrong.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Someone must've missed the playoffs when Dirk was putting in work
laugh.gif
idk maybe its just me, but i look at dirk and i dont see that "it" factor, granted dude can score and does carry his team, but idk theres something missing
grin.gif

Yeah, a young talented PG, and a young athletic wing man, and a reliable 2nd scoring option, and an inside presence to dump the ball into and take some of thepressure off Dirk, and a decent bench to go with. Did I miss anything?

Cuban is keeping this roster moving with duct tape. Either get guys in to take it all the way (with Dirk) or blow it all up and start over next year (withDirk)

Middling around in the 4-6 spot in the west isn't doing anything at all.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

laugh.gif

This again? Think I don't know what I'm sayin about your team do ya?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

laugh.gif

This again? Think I don't know what I'm sayin about your team do ya?
Wasnt directed at you dude. Calm down

laugh.gif
sorry dude, you'll have to excuse me, just found out aboutHayden's upcoming movie, Ima little hyper right now.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

the mavs aren't better then the lakers,spurs,portland or nuggets, hell a heathly jazz team for the whole year could be better

kidd and marion have both lost like 10 steps each

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the mavs aren't better then the lakers,spurs,portland or nuggets, hell a heathly jazz team for the whole year could be better

kidd and marion have both lost like 10 steps each
I will give you the Lakers, Spurs and probably the Nuggets. Not convinced that Utah and Portland are better than the Mavs though.

Portland was better last year i dont see how that changes this year(even CP hating #@% will give it to Portland)

and even if you better then them my main point is that this team is at best a 2nd round team getting beat down, cuban had his shot to blow the team up andrebuild QUICK with the FA market next year and killed his shot

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Portland was better last year i dont see how that changes this year(even CP hating *%+ will give it to Portland)

and even if you better then them my main point is that this team is at best a 2nd round team getting beat down, cuban had his shot to blow the team up and rebuild QUICK with the FA market next year and killed his shot

how many times did portland beat the Mavs this past season?...were the Mavs a healthy team this past season?

Would you knock it off Mike, I ain't a damn hater, realist, but not hater. (if you need help looking up any of these words, lemme know)

And Utah was a tough tough team the year before, and was just demolished with injuries last year. If they are healthy, and especially if Okur and Booz aredriven in their contract seasons, they will be better then Dallas. Come on.

Tell ya what, tell me who on the Mavs is improving and getting better.

Because in Portland, Roy can get a little better. LA will get better. Rudy might get a little better, Oden can't go any lower, so he has to get at leasta little better, Webster will be back, Outlaw, maybe a little.
Who on Dallas improves with another year of mileage?

5-6 seed. Thas about it.

Portland is better and will better IMO. A lot of young talent and they still have like 9M or whatever to add a FA or trade for somebody and don't reallygotta include anybody since they can absorb a contract

Originally Posted by CP1708

Tell ya what, tell me who on the Mavs is improving and getting better.
The Mavs dont have young players that have to improve and get better, this is a veteran team that is already established. What the Mavs have is ateam that won 50 games last year with the team they put on the floor. (That teams wasnt that good) Also, Josh Howard was never healthy and missed 30 games.

If that team can win 50 games, then give me a healthy Josh Howard plus Gortat and Shawn Marion and they will be in the 53-57 win range which will be goodenough for one of the top 4 seeds.

Like I said, the Lakers and Spurs are by far the top 2 teams. Nuggets will be good, but what have they done to improve that team? Portland has alot to proveand the Mavs swept them last season. To0 early to tell about Utah and what they will do with Boozer and AK-47.

Brooks
Battier
Ariza
Scola
Center

Landry
Lowry
Hayes

TMac and Yao as wildcards

Like I said, Houston is going to be tougher then people think. Don't know why they're gettin written off. They may not score a ton of points, butthey certainly ain't givin up any points either.

You also have to wait to see if TMAC is traded also.

That might bring in some help for Houston.

SneakerPro wrote:
That Houston team is by far the worst team in the West.
laugh.gif

Slooooooooow down man. Be real with yourself. Those are the same kids out there battlin with the eventual champs right? Except with a younger 3 then the onethey had. These guys gonna be just fine, if they get anything outta their 2 "stars" that'll help, but this team right here is better thenMemphis, or Clips, or Minny, hell they way NO is going, they may give them a run. And who knows where Phoenix is gonna come in.

Wow I just checked the records and Portland won 4 count em FOUR more games than the Mavs.

And we swept them.

Unless Portland makes a move, we are better than them by adding Gortat and Marion.

Marion? This ain't 2005 man.

Marion and GORTAT make you improve that much more then the young group Portland has? Really?

You were 4 down, and that was sweeping them, if they take a game or 2 from you, that puts you 6 back. Marion and Gortat make up a 6 game difference?
grin.gif

Come on. Dirk rolls his ankle and you guys win 30 games. Not the 53-57 I saw earlier

Back
Top Bottom