NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Mavs still aren't better than the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets and Blazers.

The core's best days have come and gone.
Mavs won 50 games last year with Josh and Jet missing a big chunk of games. If they add Gortat and Marion it only makes them better. I see themgunning for one of the top 4 seeds in the west if all of these moves go through.

Nuggets arent guaranteed anything, Mavs swept the Blazers in the season series last season, and knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs(I know w/o Ginobli)

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Gortat does not fit in with Dallas.
How does he not fit?? Our center now is complete trash so anything is an upgrade at that position. Gortat is faster than Damp, has better handsthan Damp, and has better shot blocking ability. I think the only thing Damp did good was set picks

if the nuggets arent guarenteed anything, would the mavs?
i know its if they resign birdman or not but still...

Originally Posted by BangDak

if the nuggets arent guarenteed anything, would the mavs?
i know its if they resign birdman or not but still...
Im just saying, look at New Orleans two years ago. They busted onto the scene and took out the Mavs in the playoffs, then last season they didabsolutely nothing.

honestly, who the hell in NO makes an big impact besides cp3, and david west?
chandler would be nothing without cp3 dishing alleys to him.

I don't know. To me, the Mavs just picked up a couple of glorified garbage men type players. Shawn Marion is past his prime and Marcin Gortat (who I like) could be Dan Gadzuric 2.0 for all we know. The Mavs still need an interior scoring presence to make a run in the West.

Best of luck though.

Well to me with Kidd back and Gortat and now possibly with the addition of Marion, the Mavs should at least assure themselves not to be in the bottom 3 playoffspots, but really it's a toss up after that. I think next year it'll be the Lakers and Spurs ahead of everyone then a jumble for 3, 4, 5 with theNuggets, Blazers, and Mavs kind of like this year.

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Gortat

Not bad....

ESPN LINK
Updated: July 7, 2009, 10:17 AM ET

[h2]Report: Bibby to return to Hawks[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Mike Bibby has agreed to a three-year deal worth about $18 million to return to the Atlanta Hawks, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported, citing two sources familiar with the situation.

Bibby, a free agent, has led the Hawks to back-to-back playoff appearances and averaged 14.9 points and 5.0 assists per game last season. An 11-year NBA veteran, he joined the Hawks in a trade deadline deal in 2008.

The Hawks won 47 games last season, winning their opening-round series with the Miami Heat before bowing out to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second round.

The deal kicks off what could be a busy free agent signing period for the Hawks. Team GM Rick Sund was scheduled to fly to Washington on Tuesday to meet with representatives with restricted free agents Marvin Williams and Josh Childress and unrestricted free agent Zaza Pachulia, the newspaper reported.

I don't know. To me, the Mavs just picked up a couple of glorified garbage men type players. Shawn Marion is past his prime and Marcin Gortat (who I like) could be Dan Gadzuric 2.0 for all we know. The Mavs still need an interior scoring presence to make a run in the West.

Best of luck though.

I agree with this. Cuban always making questionable moves though so I wouldn't be surprised by it. They will be the same team, maybe a little less thisseason. Nothing special though and they aren't better than LAL, DEN, SAS, POR and probably not even better than a healthy Utah team.

Gortat does not fit because you already have money wasting away in Diop, Dampier, and What about Ryan Hollins?

How many useless post centers does Dallas need on one team that is costing you over 5 million?

Hollins is the cheapest out of that grouping also.

Gortat does not have another big man starting that can be on the inside with him like a Duncan or even Howard when he was on the floor with him.

Dirk is a jumpshooting Big Man. he does not have a inside post game like a Duncan that can be used when the jumpshot is not going.

It is a waste. I do not care if they trade Damp's contract. They wasted Money on a center that will not be effective in that system vs other formidable bigmen.

Dirk is going to guard KG when he vs. Boston? Maybe Sheed?

How about Bynum and Gasol in LA?

Okur/Boozer?

Chandler and West?

Gortat is not the Answer for Dallas when they have the same players right now.

If you want 2 to 4 points, Defense, and a couple of rebounds, Then put Diop in. You have him for another four seasons.

ehhh for Dallas to win dirk needs to step up, dallas has had pretty good teams the past few years, but none have been stars, dirk needs to put the team on hisback and take on that role.
grin.gif

Good lord, what more can Dirk do for that team?
laugh.gif

People still think Kidd and Marion are in their primes, but want more outta Dirk? Come on.....

Someone must've missed the playoffs when Dirk was putting in work
laugh.gif
idk maybe its just me, but i look at dirk and i dont see that "it" factor, granted dude can score and does carry his team, but idktheres something missing
grin.gif

Gortat does not fit because you already have money wasting away in Diop, Dampier, and What about Ryan Hollins?

How many useless post centers does Dallas need on one team that is costing you over 5 million?

Gortat does not have another big man starting that can be on the inside with him like a Duncan or even Howard when he was on the floor with him.

Dirk is a jumpshooting Big Man. he does not have a inside post game like a Duncan that can be used when the jumpshot is not going.

It is a waste. I do not care if they trade Damp's contract. They wasted Money on a center that will not be effective in that system vs other formidable big men.

Okur/Boozer?

Chandler and West?

If you want 2 to 4 points, Defense, and a couple of rebounds, Then put Diop in. You have him for another four seasons.
You invalidated everything you said and proved you don't what you are talking when it comes to the Mavs by saying this

Johnson_Avery_dal.jpg
The Pistons will not hire Avery Johnson as their next head coach after failing to agree to terms on Tuesday, sources told CBSSports.com

Detroit was unable to satisfy Johnson's salary requirements and will pursue Cleveland assistant John Kuester and Boston assistant Tom Thibodeau, according to the source.

so vc, who do you think the mavs should sign? it seems to me that you're reaching a bit.
SVG has said that gortat is an better 1 on 1 defender then howard.
i mean, you want another formidable big man, you're b asically saying that the mavs should trade dirk, otherwise every big man you get wouldn't workout because would call it, they dont have "another formidable big man"

Originally Posted by air max 87

ehhh for Dallas to win dirk needs to step up, dallas has had pretty good teams the past few years, but none have been stars, dirk needs to put the team on his back and take on that role.
grin.gif

That team has been on Dirk's back all season, he can only do so much.

It is a waste. I do not care if they trade Damp's contract. They wasted Money on a center that will not be effective in that system vs other formidable big men.

Okur/Boozer?

Chandler and West?

Tried way too hard in this post, and also talked out of your butt.

First off, Hollins makes a million, and is expiring after this year.
Diop isn't even on the Mavs anymore

Regardless of who plays C, Dirk would still have to guard KG/Pau/etc.

Gortat for the MLE may be a bit of an overpay, but it's not really a salary cap killer at all.

Originally Posted by Grimey

Johnson_Avery_dal.jpg
The Pistons will not hire Avery Johnson as their next head coach after failing to agree to terms on Tuesday, sources told CBSSports.com

Detroit was unable to satisfy Johnson's salary requirements and will pursue Cleveland assistant John Kuester and Boston assistant Tom Thibodeau, according to the source.

tired.gif
now what.

Guess I got shot down on that one

LOL.

I'll take the L. Plus, I am having a bad day at work.

But I wasn't ragging on Dirk though.

Dirk has been everything for them.

Back
Top Bottom