NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by wohcttank

AV must have the best damn agent in the history of the NBA.

No other team showed interest in him at all, and Birdman, who has the same role as AV but with better defense, just signed 5/25.

How does this happen? Ferry needs to be fired.
I wouldn't go that far.

Andersen is a better shot-blocker, but AV is pretty good defensively, especially down low.
Exactly, Chris Anderson is the Ben Wallace to AV's sheed defensively, they do 2 completely different things on that end the court.

You can't name many post defenders in the entire league better than AV.

thats quite an operation theyre running over there in cleveland
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

No other team showed interest in him at all, and Birdman, who has the same role as AV but with better defense, just signed 5/25.

I wouldn't go that far.

Andersen is a better shot-blocker, but AV is pretty good defensively, especially down low.
Exactly, Chris Anderson is the Ben Wallace to AV's sheed defensively, they do 2 completely different things on that end the court.

Really? That's an honest question, and since I don't want to rack my brain I'll just concede the point.

With the cap possibly dropping to $50M next season, why would the Cavs give Varejao that deal?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. NoBosh, Amare, etc. for Cleveland.

In my opinion, and my opinion is usually wrong, Andersen is more of a great help-defender, and he's decent in the post when matched up with someone he candominate athletically.

AV is a more gritty, floppy, kind of defender
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I wouldn't go that far.

what? stop making such outlandish basketball statements. as if your larry bird is a great defender wasnt ******ed enough.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

what? stop making such outlandish basketball statements. as if your larry bird is a great defender wasnt ******ed enough.
Um... Anderson Varejao is a VERY good post defender... Unfortunately, it's really all he does well...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Um... Anderson Varejao is a VERY good post defender... Unfortunately, it's really all he does well...
It's just, the statement of "there's not many better post defenders better" is pretty strong.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ya VS avg bigmen but we have seen the big boys go to work on him. D12 make him his $@!*!
Yeah and Dirk made the entire Denver front-line look like a bunch of soft bunnies.

Very soft bunnies.

Made of the finest furs on earth.

There's always bad match-ups.

But there aren't many great, dominant big men in the league right now. You can count them on one hand.

Wait....

After a series of trades fell through this week, the Trail Blazers have settled on their next target: Utah power forward Paul Millsap.

Although Millsap is a restricted free agent, meaning the Jazz can match any offer, the Blazers are preparing what one source called a "toxic" offer designed to exterminate interest from other teams.

Millsap, 24, is a bruising and active player who excels at rebounding. Despite being only 6-foot-8, Millsap last season used his 250-pound frame to average 13.5 points and 8.6 rebounds in 30.1 minutes per game. His 3.3 offensive rebounds per game ranked fourth in the NBA and his 251 offensive rebounds ranked sixth.

Nobody is talking about Millsap to Portland?
roll.gif
What the hell is Pritcharddoing? He's expecting to give Millsap an offer that will make other teams back off? Isn't he going to be playing off the bench? They must be planningon trading Aldridge away.

laugh.gif
@ Varejao's contract. He has the same agent as Rubio. At least hegot something right with Varejao.

Verejao is not worth that much cap space, especially seeing how much it'll drop next year.

Shaq and Verejao might keep Cleveland afloat this year - maybe in the title hunt - but how will it look next year?

So whats happening with Stack being bought out by Memphis with the sign n trade with the Raps and Mavs? Any word as to who he may go to?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Anderson Varejao and Marcin Gortat - the Erick Dampier and Adonle Foyle of 2009.
Gortat has more potential and is a better shot blocker. I think Gortat will turn into a solid starter though.

Varejao is a good post defender, but 5yrs/60 mil just isn't right. I don't care what you say. They tremendously overpaid to keep him and there's noway around it. But, then again I look at Dampier getting 7yrs/73mil back in the day and its not that bad.... Well, yes it is.
laugh.gif

In year 3 of that contract, people will be looking at that contract like this...
sick.gif

Just like people were viewing Big Ben and Dampier's contract in the later years.

Back
Top Bottom