NBA needs to STOP

Who cares. its what these guys fought to get to the Finals for. Its promo its not that damn serious.

Who cares. its what these guys fought to get to the Finals for. Its promo its not that damn serious.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its just a trophy.

it's the trophy that 30 teams in the league compete all year long for.  only one team out of that 30 gets the honor of holding that trophy in june, and it should be that way only.

aside from that if i was dirk and i lost the finals, i would be annoyed when i looked back and seen those commericals of me holding the trophy i never really won.

imagine if the chicago cubs made the mlb playoffs and we saw a commerical with whoever the best player on their team currently is, holding and touching the world series trophy.   dudes haven't won a title in 103 years yet their best player would be holding the trophy without them actually winning it.
I know it's just semantics, but I think teams view it as fighting for the right to be called the best team/win a ring rather than hold the trophy.  I know the trophy is part of it, but I just dont think NBA players view it that way.

Whoever loses the finals, I dont think that player would ever look back at the promos and think that theyre annoyed because theyre holding the trophy.

As long as the promo/ad/etc. isnt showing the players holding and celebrating with the trophy as if they won the title, then I dont think its a big deal.  (I havent seen the promo in question so if it is like that then this post can be ignored. 
laugh.gif
)

Ive got 0 problem with athletes who dont want to touch the trophy/be near it/etc. but I dont see much of a need to be angry that another player is touching it.  It's their choice.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its just a trophy.

it's the trophy that 30 teams in the league compete all year long for.  only one team out of that 30 gets the honor of holding that trophy in june, and it should be that way only.

aside from that if i was dirk and i lost the finals, i would be annoyed when i looked back and seen those commericals of me holding the trophy i never really won.

imagine if the chicago cubs made the mlb playoffs and we saw a commerical with whoever the best player on their team currently is, holding and touching the world series trophy.   dudes haven't won a title in 103 years yet their best player would be holding the trophy without them actually winning it.
I know it's just semantics, but I think teams view it as fighting for the right to be called the best team/win a ring rather than hold the trophy.  I know the trophy is part of it, but I just dont think NBA players view it that way.

Whoever loses the finals, I dont think that player would ever look back at the promos and think that theyre annoyed because theyre holding the trophy.

As long as the promo/ad/etc. isnt showing the players holding and celebrating with the trophy as if they won the title, then I dont think its a big deal.  (I havent seen the promo in question so if it is like that then this post can be ignored. 
laugh.gif
)

Ive got 0 problem with athletes who dont want to touch the trophy/be near it/etc. but I dont see much of a need to be angry that another player is touching it.  It's their choice.

Lmao @ fighting being added to hockey to make it more popular. Foolishness. Hockey is simply the grittiest sport out there and there's no comparison. When someone gets knocked on their !%+ , the players police themselves and put a target on someones dome.

Compare that to th NBA where everyone gets all up in arms everytime theres contact. The NBA is so wack
laugh.gif

Lmao @ fighting being added to hockey to make it more popular. Foolishness. Hockey is simply the grittiest sport out there and there's no comparison. When someone gets knocked on their !%+ , the players police themselves and put a target on someones dome.

Compare that to th NBA where everyone gets all up in arms everytime theres contact. The NBA is so wack
laugh.gif

It's on the same level as getting a tattoo representing something you have yet to do/win/earn. I think both are pretty tacky and in bad taste.

P.S. I know it's on here but is anyone else annoyed by the "talking ball" commericials.
1-I think it trivialized the seriousness of Jordan's emotional release winning the title/his father dying.
2-Dr. J face looks like "@@+" during his comercial.
3-Magic must really like to hear himself talk/likes the attention.

It's on the same level as getting a tattoo representing something you have yet to do/win/earn. I think both are pretty tacky and in bad taste.

P.S. I know it's on here but is anyone else annoyed by the "talking ball" commericials.
1-I think it trivialized the seriousness of Jordan's emotional release winning the title/his father dying.
2-Dr. J face looks like "@@+" during his comercial.
3-Magic must really like to hear himself talk/likes the attention.

Back
Top Bottom