NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

I'm surprised you put Bird as your #1.  Did you do that just to avoid having to hear it from people?  Be honest. 
laugh.gif

I thought for sure you were goin Bron/Pip at 1. 

I'm surprised you put Bird as your #1.  Did you do that just to avoid having to hear it from people?  Be honest. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Am I the only one that refuses to speak on players I didn't live through? Like Big O, Big Wilt, Russell, I wasn't even born for their careers. How can I fairly speak on them?

i'm with you... i'll speak on a debate of russell vs. wilt in terms of each other, but i don't consider them when debating today's players.. just because i have no clue how well their (players' before the 80s) games would translate

some guys you know would dominate no matter the era (hakeem would be the perfect center for today's game.. and obviously was dominate in the much more physical 90s)

Am I the only one that refuses to speak on players I didn't live through? Like Big O, Big Wilt, Russell, I wasn't even born for their careers. How can I fairly speak on them?

i'm with you... i'll speak on a debate of russell vs. wilt in terms of each other, but i don't consider them when debating today's players.. just because i have no clue how well their (players' before the 80s) games would translate

some guys you know would dominate no matter the era (hakeem would be the perfect center for today's game.. and obviously was dominate in the much more physical 90s)

Agreed, I try not to, but all those guys you have to look at differently. We all know it would be different if they played now.

Agreed, I try not to, but all those guys you have to look at differently. We all know it would be different if they played now.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

I've always considered Bird to be the best SF for as long as I've been watching.
nerd.gif

He's probably my favorite player that I never really got to watch like I do now.

laugh.gif

I've always considered Bird to be the best SF for as long as I've been watching.
nerd.gif

He's probably my favorite player that I never really got to watch like I do now.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

So Duncan is hands down the best pf ever?
Yup.
To me, this is the least debatable of every positional debate. 
Duncan might not have had the flash, the emotion, the athleticism, the strength, hell even the stats that some of these other PFs had...but Duncan's impact was way more than the numbers. The guy was pretty much the anchor offensively and defensively for majority of his career, and he did it very very well. 

Fact: With Duncan, you always had at least an outside shot of competing for the ring. He won't get the hoopla, the hype, being in a small market and with what people call "boring" style (i disagree, his fundamentals are a joy to watch for an avid basketball fan like myself)....but it suits him anyway. Quiet effectiveness. I'll never forget how this man dismantled us in 2003 (straight abuse
tired.gif
) and hung 21 20 10 8 in the series decider against New Jersey in the finals 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

So Duncan is hands down the best pf ever?
Yup.
To me, this is the least debatable of every positional debate. 
Duncan might not have had the flash, the emotion, the athleticism, the strength, hell even the stats that some of these other PFs had...but Duncan's impact was way more than the numbers. The guy was pretty much the anchor offensively and defensively for majority of his career, and he did it very very well. 

Fact: With Duncan, you always had at least an outside shot of competing for the ring. He won't get the hoopla, the hype, being in a small market and with what people call "boring" style (i disagree, his fundamentals are a joy to watch for an avid basketball fan like myself)....but it suits him anyway. Quiet effectiveness. I'll never forget how this man dismantled us in 2003 (straight abuse
tired.gif
) and hung 21 20 10 8 in the series decider against New Jersey in the finals 
sick.gif

I could dispute Duncan a lil bit.  Would take me some time though, maybe tomorrow. 

I still personally rate him as the all time PF, but I don't think he's as "elite" as people love to give him credit for.  Honestly, I think some of his work is overrated.  *shrugs* 

I'm sure that will make me real popular around here. 
laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 

I could dispute Duncan a lil bit.  Would take me some time though, maybe tomorrow. 

I still personally rate him as the all time PF, but I don't think he's as "elite" as people love to give him credit for.  Honestly, I think some of his work is overrated.  *shrugs* 

laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 

laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 
I'm happy to hear it...i haven't heard a lot of counter arguments to Duncan...always good to hear other view points 
pimp.gif
 If you don't wanna post, hit me up on PM. 

laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 
I'm happy to hear it...i haven't heard a lot of counter arguments to Duncan...always good to hear other view points 
pimp.gif
 If you don't wanna post, hit me up on PM. 

laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 

he played for the spurs. not a shock your hating !@# would think that

laugh.gif
  I don't really care. 

he played for the spurs. not a shock your hating !@# would think that

Back
Top Bottom