NBA H.O.R.S.E. participants released

Originally Posted by DLo13

Durant: "For my next shot, I'm gonna take a bite of this pulled pork sandwich and then sink a FT."

Casspi/Rondo:
frown.gif

34pl43o.gif
qqztyo.gif
i2rds1.jpg

I just want to know how the NBA determines participants for All-Star events.

Does some kind of committee have an idea of about 20 players that they would like to have and send them invitations? Do players sign up and names are drawn from a hat?

How do you come up with Rajon Rondo and Omri Casspi? Casspi could be a marketing ploy, I guess; I can't imagine any other reason.

If players are turning down invitations for these events, why doesn't the NBA force them to participate? They already do it for the All-Star Game.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Does some kind of committee have an idea of about 20 players that they would like to have and send them invitations? Do players sign up and names are drawn from a hat?

How do you come up with Rajon Rondo and Omri Casspi? Casspi could be a marketing ploy, I guess; I can't imagine any other reason.

If players are turning down invitations for these events, why doesn't the NBA force them to participate? They already do it for the All-Star Game.

Its not so much an invitation thing to multiple people thing,
they extend invites to players they think people want to see....and I dont think those players have much of a choice from what I understand. They either do it for the league, or its a kind of "well, why cant you?" kind of feeling from the head people.

I know some agents push for their players to get into these events as well....

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Its not so much an invitation thing to multiple people thing,
they extend invites to players they think people want to see....and I dont think those players have much of a choice from what I understand. They either do it for the league, or its a kind of "well, why cant you?" kind of feeling from the head people.

I know some agents push for their players to get into these events as well....

also, you have to throw in the fact that who is actually gonna be there that weekend. rondo, durant is in the all star gm and casspi is in the rookie/sophmore challenge. they will not ask and fly out someone that isn't participating, especially for the HORSE competition.

^what is so different about asking players to fly out for the horse competition than asking a player to fly out for the 3 point shootout?

where in dallas is this? im going to the weekend and would love to go to this event! any help?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Looking forward to it...

There's a lot of players in the league who would dominate this competition too.

I mean, I hate the guy... but where's Sheed?

BallinBoykz:
I mean, I hate the guy... but where's Sheed?
I don't hate him, but THAT is my #1 question for this event.

I hope that it was that he declined, but I have a feeling that he just wasn't asked because of the potty-mouthed tantrums resulting in his collection of technical fouls, and the league doesn't want to showcase someone like that.

They'd never have the likes of him and Artest in All Star Games if the NBA could hand pick those guys. But the events where they do pick the participants, it's going to be all the nice guys who just dunk and shoot 3s with a smile and no trouble.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
*shrugs*

With all the viral videos of Monta Ellis making crazy shots no Monta? And as you guys mentioned, Sheed absent? He has a shoot where he puts 1 ball in each hand and shoots them simultaneously from 3 and makes it. He can even control which one goes in first (like arch the left handed one more to make the right handed one go in first and vice versa).

Last year Garnett said something like "Pierce told me don't ever challenge Rondo to a game of HORSE. he'll rob you blind." I guess Rondo has all of these crazy spin shots/behind the backboard types of shots. They needed something other than jump shooters or it would've been boring again. Should've brought Monta.

^ Hmph. Interesting. Guess we'll see about that.

Don't know if I'll be rooting against him as a Celtic or cheering for him as a former Wildcat.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Durant: "For my next shot, I'm gonna take a bite of this pulled pork sandwich and then sink a FT."

Casspi/Rondo:
frown.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

/thread
(yes, i'm gassed)

Most behind the backboard shots aren't even that hard.  I used to do that type of @+!* all the time...

Now the 2 balls in a single hand (pause) shot Sheed was doing is
sick.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Another shot that seems hard but really isn't as much as it seems, half court backwards. Most people try to do it standing still on 2 feet but if you do it like a layup, jumping opposite foot to hand and lining up directly center of the court (there's a line so it's easy), it's pretty easy. Soon as it leaves your hand and you turnaround, you know it's good or at least a good miss (not off right to left), which is 90% of the battle. I don't even look when I do it and I can hit about 25& on it from half, take it out to 3/4 courts and likre 9% (1 out of 11). Matter of fact, I was going to do it and submit it to www.nba.com/horse to win a trip to the ASG but no camera. But try it, just don't waste time practicing.

Back
Top Bottom