• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if I'm gathering all this info correctly, KD had his own doctors clear him, then against the wishes of the team, he played anyways? I remember hearing he wasn't on a minutes restriction, but he could check himself in and out whenever he felt tired? So was it really KDs personal docs who lied to the warriors about his status? Was he pressuring them to lie to them about the severity of pain he was actually in? Or did none really know, and it was inevitable?
The original injury was not simply a calf strain, it also had to do with the achilles. I personally believe that they've kept it quiet until now, post rupture and surgery to repair it, due to insurance purposes. This isn't the first time that a team medical staff had to keep something quiet, in order to protect the franchise.

But it was said he conferred with his own medical personnel, not the team's to actually get cleared. How does that slip past two teams of doctors over a month of rehab?

I don’t believe that they said there’s no further risk when the Achilles is attached to the calf. KD a grown man, I’m sure he wanted to play but his circle should have stepped up like **** no. His coach should have said no, GM and everything.

I don’t believe that they said there’s no further risk when the Achilles is attached to the calf. KD a grown man, I’m sure he wanted to play but his circle should have stepped up like **** no. His coach should have said no, GM and everything.
From what I know, they should have never iced him up after the first quarter. Ice does eliminate swelling, but also slows circulation. Once they add ice to a player ala a pitcher in baseball, quarterback in football, you are shut down for the rest of the game. You need to rewarm the area before returning to action, and that takes time. On the sidelines like that, you are supposed to enhance circulation, not impeding it. It is the same method that players with bad backs use. You keep the area warm so that it does not stiffen up.

Somebody messed up.

images

bruh this got me laughing far too hard:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But by his own people? That's crazy, it has a feel of him wanting to play so bad he risked it all. They said it was a collaborative effort between both his own medical staff and the team doctors, but we don't hear much about the reports from Durants medical staff he had, personally. I saw in here posted that he didn't trust the team staff but how could he trust his own as well? With that in mind, it's easier for me to believe he might not have been forthcoming with how he really felt, by the way he was trying to dance and all that before the game. I could understand the adrenaline might have helped subside any feeling he couldn't play in that moment, or trust his Achilles from there on out.

But by his own people? That's crazy, it has a feel of him wanting to play so bad he risked it all. They said it was a collaborative effort between both his own medical staff and the team doctors, but we don't hear much about the reports from Durants medical staff he had, personally. I saw in here posted that he didn't trust the team staff but how could he trust his own as well? With that in mind, it's easier for me to believe he might not have been forthcoming with how he really felt, by the way he was trying to dance and all that before the game. I could understand the adrenaline might have helped subside any feeling he couldn't play in that moment, or trust his Achilles from there on out.
Never underestimate the ego of a professional athlete, especially one at the top level. They never know when to quit. He has his own staff after his situation with the Jones fracture a few years back. He was playing while hurt back then.

It's TRUE, you have to have that level of ego to be a performer on the highest stage you desire to reach. That ultimate belief that you are the best, that drive to be the best knowing its fleeting. He wanted that threepeat.

Never underestimate the ego of a professional athlete, especially one at the top level. They never know when to quit. He has his own staff after his situation with the Jones fracture a few years back. He was playing while hurt back then.

Agreed. Treat them like prize fighters. They will fight until they die in that ring. It's up to the coach/corner to throw in the towel.

And that’s where the BS lies. It’s nit a collaborative effort. Doctors have the say. Period. THAT is their job. That’s what the medical staff is for

You can't look in someone's Achilles and tell them they're not good, especially when you have to trust in people on their payroll in order to decide. I guess I'm just wondering why his own medical team wouldn't have spoke up and told the warriors about any issues they might have really had, if it was known.

Can you see an Achilles injury before its actually happened? Like, a partial tear? I don't think his doctors wouldn't have seen any tests taken from the day he hired them.

Its not offense, its defense that get the Dubs the dub.

thank you.

people keep mentioning the warriors making 20s and winning by 1 and NEVER mentioning how they got killed on the offensive boards and second-chance points, Dray getting a tech, DMC 3 missed FTs at a critical time, horrible transition defense, got killed in the p&r, etc but still managed to get the W. Imagine if the Warriors limited all that dummy ish, they would have won easily. as long as the warriors make adjustments on defense, especially guarding the p&r, they won't need to make 20 3s at a high rate every game to win the series.

thank you.

people keep mentioning the warriors making 20s and winning by 1 and NEVER mentioning how they got killed on the offensive boards and second-chance points, Dray getting a tech, DMC 3 missed FTs at a critical time, horrible transition defense, got killed in the p&r, etc but still managed to get the W. Imagine if the Warriors limited all that dummy ish, they would have won easily. as long as the warriors make adjustments on defense, especially guarding the p&r, they won't need to make 20 3s at a high rate every game to win the series.
They aren't a elite defensive team tho
As long as steph is playing 40+ minutes the defense is gonna be ***

Back
Top Bottom