• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its not an NBA related question. Its a Hall of Fame related question.
It's an NBA related question when one didn't go to college. Wtf lol

Dray has like what? Maybe one national college award. Everything else is Big Ten related. There's so MANY players (bum players also) that get chosen for conference awards. You telling me if Dwight went to college he ain't getting those awards?

That's why I'm comparing their NBA careers.

It's an NBA related question when one didn't go to college. Wtf lol

Not sure why this is so amusing to you. The two players resumes were being compared against the two. So we should just ignore all of Draymond's collegiate accomplishments because Dwight didnt go to college? College counts man.

Not sure why this is so amusing to you. The two players resumes were being compared against the two. So we should just ignore all of Draymond's collegiate accomplishments because Dwight didnt go to college? College counts man.
Ok. Count em. As someone who watches a ton of college hoops, they don't mean that much in all honesty. This is not like Dray was out here winning national titles and getting MOP. Couldn't give a damn for him making 3rd team All Big Ten like Dwight couldn't go to college and do the exact same thing if not better lol

And then you telling me the difference in Dray getting weak *** collegiate accolades is supposed to make up for the difference in Dwight's #'s and individual accolades over Dray to this point? Yeah, c'mon. FOH with that homerism. Like I said, Dray got him over rings. And it's perfectly fine if that's how you define a better career. But to say he got more or even better individual accolades... yeah, no. At least not to this point.

Dray's collegiate accolades:

98BA0F3C-7801-4102-8F88-28CA8F713CB2.jpeg

Ok. Count em. As someone who watches a ton of college hoops, they don't mean that much in all honesty. This is not like Dray was out here winning national titles and getting MOP. Couldn't give a damn for him making 3rd team All Big Ten like Dwight couldn't go to college and do the exact same thing if not better lol

OK cool bro. College doesnt matter to you all that much. Well it matters to the Hall of Fame.....which is what we were discussing. And no he didnt win a National Championship....but not sure why that matters because YOU were trying to steer this conversation away from team awards/accolades into personal awards/accolades.

You are continuing to move the goalposts here for some reason which I am not understanding.

Dray's collegiate accolades:

98BA0F3C-7801-4102-8F88-28CA8F713CB2.jpeg
Outside of the top 2, those other accolades legitimately don't mean much. And I'm being so serious lol.

What about Iggy vs Melo?

Iggy got the rings and finals MVP. Melo got the individual accolades, numbers, and he actually won real **** in college.

Playoff #'s? Dwight averages like 20-15-3 blocks in the playoffs. Dray 12-9-6.

What personal accolades tho? Dwight beats him in all of those and even DPOY awards. Not to mention he's got blocks titles, rebounding titles and more defensive teams.

If it's rings does Dray have a better career than Barkley and Malone so far?
I was comparing playoff totals through their first 7 seasons each since Dwight has played over twice as many as Dray.
I was kind of envisioning what the end of his career compared to now would be, adding current rings and accolades on top of that, and envisioning future ones as well.
And through 7 seasons yeah he's had a better career. Overall I'd say no. But he has time to get a few more all defense and all NBA and then have rings to give the edge.
My entire position is centered around rings making it close. I'm really not gonna do a back and forth thing if someone thinks otherwise. Just fully explain my position.

OK cool bro. College doesnt matter to you all that much. Well it matters to the Hall of Fame.....which is what we were discussing. And no he didnt win a National Championship....but not sure why that matters because YOU were trying to steer this conversation away from team awards/accolades into personal awards/accolades.

You are continuing to move the goalposts here for some reason which I am not understanding.
I know it matters to the Hall of Fame.

You should probably read my original post if you think I'm moving goalposts and what we're actually discussing.

I know it matters to the Hall of Fame.

You should probably read my original post if you think I'm moving goalposts and what we're actually discussing.

Link to original post? Because since I have been in the conversation, it was about comparing Dwight and Draymonds resumes in terms of making the HOF. And the interaction went like this:

1) People bring up rings
2) you say rings shouldnt be counted since they are a team accomplishment
3) me bring up individual collegiate accolades
4) you dismiss them because Dwight didnt go to college
5) I say you cant dismiss them because they matter to the HOF
6) then you say the accolades arent even that great because its not like Dray won a National Championship, in spite of saying team accomplishments shouldnt matter a few posts earlier.

But you arent moving the goalposts.

Link to original post? Because since I have been in the conversation, it was about comparing Dwight and Draymonds resumes in terms of making the HOF. And the interaction went like this:

1) People bring up rings
2) you say rings shouldnt be counted since they are a team accomplishment
3) me bring up individual collegiate accolades
4) you dismiss them because Dwight didnt go to college
5) I say you cant dismiss them because they matter to the HOF
6) then you say the accolades arent even that great because its not like Dray won a National Championship, in spite of saying team accomplishments shouldnt matter a few posts earlier.

But you arent moving the goalposts.
Lmao you want me to respond to this but you made the assumption that I said "rings shouldn't be counted" :lol: when did I say that? And I even EXPANDED on that point in regards of relating it to what one defines as a better career. You also missed where I said "MOP" and referenced "national" awards.

The tweet was about the HOF but it was pretty obvious that I wasn't even referring to that context at all. Go read between the lines of my original post. That should help.

I was comparing playoff totals through their first 7 seasons each since Dwight has played over twice as many as Dray.
I was kind of envisioning what the end of his career compared to now would be, adding current rings and accolades on top of that, and envisioning future ones as well.
And through 7 seasons yeah he's had a better career. Overall I'd say no. But he has time to get a few more all defense and all NBA and then have rings to give the edge.
My entire position is centered around rings making it close. I'm really not gonna do a back and forth thing if someone thinks otherwise. Just fully explain my position.
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with how someone defines a better career, but moreso just the point that Dray hasn't really had "individual accolades" that propels him over Dwight (in addition to other things), other than rings. And it's fine if that's how people want to define a career. I think in a vacuum that's probably right but on a player-to-player basis I feel like there's a bit more nuance. Dwight was legit a top 5 player for over half a decade.

Dray still has a lot of time to rack up more accolades and make this argument null tho. Up to this point I still think Dwight has had a better individual career. I know Dray is essential to the W's makeup and winning but if you add nuance it's hard to take away from Dwight being a top 5 player for over half a decade and being the best player and go-to option on a Finals team. Dude legit ****** up a Bron-Kobe finals. You are right in that rings is why this is even a debate, which is honestly what I was kinda alluding to originally...

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with how someone defines a better career, but moreso just the point that Dray hasn't really had "individual accolades" that propels him over Dwight (in addition to other things), other than rings. And it's fine if that's how people want to define a career. I think in a vacuum that's probably right but on a player-to-player basis I feel like there's a bit more nuance. Dwight was legit a top 5 player for over half a decade.

Dray still has a lot of time to rack up more accolades and make this argument null tho. Up to this point I still think Dwight has had a better individual career. I know Dray is essential to the W's makeup and winning but if you add nuance it's hard to take away from Dwight being a top 5 player for over half a decade and being the best player and go-to option on a Finals team. Dude legit ****ed up a Bron-Kobe finals. You are right in that rings is why this is even a debate, which is honestly what I was kinda alluding to originally...
If he had only 1 or 2 rings, I wouldn't even bother with this

Podcast host Tim Kawakami noted he wouldn’t have thought Durant would take such a big pay cut last year.
Durant:
watch durant take significantly less to stay and they re-sign dray and klay
:lol:
league's worst nightmare. hot takers have nothing left to discuss

There is literally no chance at all that KD takes less.

He literally went on record and said that one of if not the most motivating factor in FA will be getting as much money as possible

Back
Top Bottom