[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="lamekilla"]Darth Ska, imlive365, a couple other names I can't remember....

How are you guys feeling this morning?? :lol:[/quote]Good. You?

Oh, you got me confused for a Heat fan who was disappointed that they are now a loss away from losing the finals?

Silly guy. :lol:

picked =/= likes

I picked the Heat.

Like the Lakers.

Like I said in the Lakers thread before the series started a bunch of times, and a couple times in here: I wish neither team could win. :lol:

I asked where you were after the Heat tied it up at 2-2, because it definitely appears that you are either a huge Heat hater or some sort of Spurs fan; I'd guess the former.

Me? The reason I picked the Heat wasn't because I don't like just the Spurs.

I don't like either team. :lol: yeah, I'm a LeBron fan, but no fan boy, blind loyalty here. [quote name="lamekilla"]I wonder if truncated season NBA championship rings look different from the ring you're given if you win the championship in a full 82 game season......[/quote]Me personally, I have always defended that 99 championship. Everyone played the same amount of games, the top teams make the playoffs, one team won it all. That team was the Spurs. I think it's funny that people try to take credit away from that year, but if their team had won, they sure would claim that title. :lol: I know I sure would if the Lakers had won, which is why I always defend that championship for the Spurs.

Last edited:
Ray Allen has replaced Bosh as the third member of the Big 3.
Two 4pt plays, attacking the rim, getting offensive rebounds.
He will get way more minutes games 6 & 7.

Lebron just played like garbage in the second half. No other way to put it. Son was 2 - 11, out there missing lay ups. That's not Spo's fault, that's on Lebron. He can't let Boris Diaw shut him down. The only thing I'll put on Spo is not playing Birdman, Mike Miller is useless if he's not making open shots. Birdman gives them a little bit of everything plus his energy.

I'm sure Lebron will come out aggressive in game 6 but Wade I don't know, I wanna see if he can keep this up.

With Manu finally recovering from his hangover and Danny Green still shooting like Reggie Miller. Bosh and Chalmers have to step up to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by lamekilla  
Darth Ska, imlive365, a couple other names I can't remember....

How are you guys feeling this morning??
laugh.gif
Good. You?

the ring you're given if you win the championship in a full 82 game season......Me personally, I have always defended that 99 championship. Everyone played the same amount of games, the top teams make the playoffs, one team won it all. That team was the Spurs. I think it's funny that people try to take credit away from that year, but if their team had won, they sure would claim that title.
laugh.gif
I know I sure would if the Lakers had won, which is why I always defend that championship for the Spurs.
THIS THIS THIS. I'm tired of hearing about this. As if everyone else didnt go through the same season that we did. Ridiculous

[QUOTE name="lamekilla"]

How are you guys feeling this morning?? :lol:
Good. You?

the ring you're given if you win the championship in a full 82 game season...... Me personally, I have always defended that 99 championship. Everyone played the same amount of games, the top teams make the playoffs, one team won it all. That team was the Spurs. I think it's funny that people try to take credit away from that year, but if their team had won, they sure would claim that title. :lol: I know I sure would if the Lakers had won, which is why I always defend that championship for the Spurs.

THIS THIS THIS. I'm tired of hearing about this. As if everyone else didnt go through the same season that we did. Ridiculous

[/quote]

Sure, everyone in 1999 played the same amount of games.

But the 99 Spurs did NOT play the same amount of games as the 98 Bulls, or the 2000 Lakers, or the 05 Spurs, or the 2011 Mavs, or the 89 Pistons, 84 Celtics, etc etc etc etc.

And there, is your difference.

Out of all 60 whatever Title teams thru NBA history, the 99 title goes at the bottom. And that's the reason why. It's still a title, they can claim it, and claim it proudly, but it is NOT the same as the other titles the past however many years.

But the 99 Spurs did NOT play the same amount of games as the 98 Bulls, or the 2000 Lakers, or the 05 Spurs, or the 2011 Mavs, or the 89 Pistons, 84 Celtics, etc etc etc etc.

Out of all 60 whatever Title teams thru NBA history, the 99 title goes at the bottom. And that's the reason why. It's still a title, they can claim it, and claim it proudly, but it is NOT the same as the other titles the past however many years.

then what about the miami title last yr? surely it cant rank much above the 99 spurs title then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh I don't think birdman needs minutes. Who's he going to guard? Timmy will eat him alive, diaw will stretch him out to the 3pt line which negates his effectiveness because he's primarily a help defender. He can guard splitter I guess. But he's getting less and less minutes

^
You could argue that as well.

I'm not saying I'm right, just my opinion. 50 game season ain't the same as other title teams/seasons.

How are you guys feeling this morning??
laugh.gif
Good. You?

the ring you're given if you win the championship in a full 82 game season...... Me personally, I have always defended that 99 championship. Everyone played the same amount of games, the top teams make the playoffs, one team won it all. That team was the Spurs. I think it's funny that people try to take credit away from that year, but if their team had won, they sure would claim that title.
laugh.gif
I know I sure would if the Lakers had won, which is why I always defend that championship for the Spurs.

Oh really? Then what about the Miami title? Surely it must be second to last then. Or what about all the titles from when the league was just founded and all the talent in the league was stockpiled on the Celtics? Surely those dont mean anything and should be at the bottom too right? RIGHT? I could sit here and try and devalue titles all days, theres bound to be a reason to mark every title won as illegitimate. Things happen, the games were still played and a champion was crowned. They earned it just like every other team did. NO DIFFERENCE
99 title is legit as Is the heat one.
AKA its totally legitimate

Last edited:
And a title is a title no matter what year. Winning the chip just means that you were the last one standing that particular year. Comparing it to other years is stupid. What's next, "well this team had to play 7 game series in every round, their title is worth more because they played more!" Stop it.

You ever hear me talk about the 60's Celtics and the one playoff series titles before? :lol:

I say pretty much the same thing.

You ever hear me talk about the 60's Celtics and the one playoff series titles before?
laugh.gif

Oh ok, at the very least youre consistent. I made that point above and wanted to see what you were going to respond with. Cant say I agree with that either but oh well.

:stoneface: how does that make any semblance of sense to you?

Because the amount of games played were decreased, it tarnishes the value of that year's championship?

Rule changes happen every year, do those depreciate championships too?

Wth are you talking about, man, every season is different and all teams have equal chance to prepare for that. And of those teams, only one can come out on top and dubbed champion.

CP I **** with you but this is not a good look

Ehh I don't think birdman needs minutes. Who's he going to guard? Timmy will eat him alive, diaw will stretch him out to the 3pt line which negates his effectiveness because he's primarily a help defender. He can guard splitter I guess. But he's getting less and less minutes

Good point. But Mike Miller is getting killed on defense and he's not doing anything on offense. At least Bird can catch some lobs, put backs, get a block here and there.

CP is trippin :lol:

Last edited:
CP going rogue after his finals prediction fell apart.

On some Tom Clancy type steez.

Full YOLO mode with this argument.

Last edited:
My apologies guys that I view things in a different light. The 2013 Title is clearly the exact same as the 1959 Title. Every title is clearly created equally.

I will close my eyes and forget the 99 season was missing 32 games and against an 8 seed.

Please, carry on everyone.

CP, the championship is for THAT YEAR. :lol:

Teams don't have to go through Red's Celtics in the first round then 01 Lakers in the 2nd round then 96 Bulls in the conference Finals then the Dream Team in the Finals... in order for THAT YEAR to be legit. :lol:

99 Spurs didn't play the same amount as 98 Bulls. Awesome. Bulls weren't champs in 99; Spurs weren't champs in 98.

what make people think lebron is going to come out aggressive? From the years of seeing him play with the cavs to the heat he is still the same player mentally. If anything you'll see d wade want to go off, while Lebron lets the game come to him as he says while just standing in the corner not demanding the ball. :x

You ever hear me talk about the 60's Celtics and the one playoff series titles before? :lol:

Oh ok, at the very least youre consistent. I made that point above and wanted to see what you were going to respond with. Cant say I agree with that either but oh well.

Thank you, least you understand I try to be consistent, whether we agree or not. Repped my good man.

[quote name="CP"]My apologies guys that I view things in a different light. The 2013 Title is clearly the exact same as the 1959 Title. Every title is clearly created equally.

I will close my eyes and forget the 99 season was missing 32 games and against an 8 seed.

Please, carry on everyone.[/quote]And now you're bringing in the seeding? :lol: Knicks beat everyone in the EC bracket; that ain't the Spurs fault.

Why even have a playoff? Just have the top 2 teams play each other, right?

Back
Top Bottom