NBA Feet: 2011-2012

1zye937.jpg

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by andfattoo

because of retro jordan quality, but im quite sure NBA players get different quality they the general public.

thats not true, at all.

This. It's the same thing we wear. NTers put too much though in shoe tech.  

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

6413fe121244313639360e128cba58c8-getty-136009948.jpg

In this photo it looks as though the HDs Blake is wearing are the same ones on sale at HoH ATM, but with the exception that his have the BG32 logo in large bold front on the tongue whereas the released version simply has the standard HyperDunk logo.

actually i was at hoh the other day. they have bg32 on them just not as big
At HoH in London we've got the above c/w, but it doesn't have any sort of BG32 logos anywhere on the shoe.

Hopefully we get what you're talking about, but it seems strange why they'd release two identical c/w shoes, except one has small BG logos on it.

This and this alone proves players aren't as into weight of shoes as everyone else tries to be. I miss the weight of older kicks....

They lasted longer.

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by RipC

Courtney Lee stays in Cement 3s 
laugh.gif

lee.jpg
His knees and toes must be hella sore after the game.
Why would you say that? 
Because cushion in the 3 is terrible

Actually Jay from 1-4  have terrible cushion especially in forefoot

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by KenJi714

His knees and toes must be hella sore after the game.
Why would you say that? 

According to who?!
That's obviously not the opinion of that wearer in particular.

Why would you say that? 

According to who?!
According to the general consensus.

ACB is 100% correct in my opinion. In Courtney Lee's opinion, it either doesnt matter to him or looks > performance.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

According to who?!

ACB is 100% correct in my opinion. In Courtney Lee's opinion, it either doesnt matter to him or looks > performance.

When and where was this poll taken? Where are the statistical breakdowns?

Well, I wear them to play in, and I don't have an issue with playing in them, and I like the way they feel.

Does my opinion on what I like to play in count? Who are you to tell either myself or Courtney Lee what WE should prefer playing in? Did either of you ask him, or are you just assuming?

keep in mind a lot of college/pro athletes wear custom orthotics in their footwear, so when it comes to quality of retros it's the same as the general public, but the fit and tooling is a different because of the orthotic insoles they have in them to fit to their feet and whatnot. generally speaking though, the quality of retros to play in is not all that great compared to what is out now with the newer advantageous tech, some people prefer to play in older shoes because they fit them better and play better for them, or in some cases because they're Js and they have a rep.... personally i wouldn't wear any retro shoe to hoop in, actually as of late i haven't even worn any nike to hoop in since tearing my left knee's meniscus last may... not that nike isn't good at producing performance shoes, its just i find under armour and adidas shoes to fit me better.

According to who?!

Well, I wear them to play in, and I don't have an issue with playing in them, and I like the way they feel.

Does my opinion on what I like to play in count? Who are you to tell either myself or Courtney Lee what WE should prefer playing in? Did either of you ask him, or are you just assuming?
roll.gif
Bro...you need to fall back. This is a message board. We are all stating our opinion. You are catching feelings because people are stating their opinion on shoes.

Nobody said nothing about what you can and cannot wear. Nobody said nothing about what Courtney Lee can and cannot wear.

It doesnt take a rockets scientists to realize the performance of today's shoes are greater than retros. Go make a post and take a poll if you want.

If you wear blk 3s to ball...thats GREAT! Do you!

Originally Posted by DNeou20

keep in mind a lot of college/pro athletes wear custom orthotics in their footwear, so when it comes to quality of retros it's the same as the general public, but the fit and tooling is a different because of the orthotic insoles they have in them to fit to their feet and whatnot. generally speaking though, the quality of retros to play in is not all that great compared to what is out now with the newer advantageous tech, some people prefer to play in older shoes because they fit them better and play better for them, or in some cases because they're Js and they have a rep.... personally i wouldn't wear any retro shoe to hoop in, actually as of late i haven't even worn any nike to hoop in since tearing my left knee's meniscus last may... not that nike isn't good at producing performance shoes, its just i find under armour and adidas shoes to fit me better.

Pro athletes yes. College, no. The reason for this is cost. Orthotics are expensive, and the pro players themselves are forced to pay for these on their own through doctors, who are paid by the teams. College athletes across all divisions and programs, cannot afford this, but they all have access to retro shoes. Keep in mind  many Division III programs buy their own shoes, and you'll see many retro Jordan's being worn at that level as well.

roll.gif
Bro...you need to fall back. This is a message board. We are all stating our opinion. You are catching feelings because people are stating their opinion on shoes.

Nobody said nothing about what you can and cannot wear. Nobody said nothing about what Courtney Lee can and cannot wear.

It doesnt take a rockets scientists to realize the performance of today's shoes are greater than retros. Go make a post and take a poll if you want.

If you wear blk 3s to ball...thats GREAT! Do you!
Bro, perhaps you need to fall back. You came in stating your opinion as fact, as if you are a some sort of an authority, but now are doing a passive aggressive dance, probably realizing how incorrect your comment actually was. Now you are making another preposterous statement, to cover up the other. 
It doesnt take a rockets scientists to realize the performance of today's shoes are greater than retros.  

So again, according to who? If they are indeed better, wouldn't those who enjoy wearing the retro's more, prefer playing in them?

Originally Posted by DNeou20

Pro athletes yes. College, no. The reason for this is cost. Orthotics are expensive, and the pro players themselves are forced to pay for these on their own through doctors, who are paid by the teams. College athletes across all divisions and programs, cannot afford this, but they all have access to retro shoes. Keep in mind  many Division III programs buy their own shoes, and you'll see many retro Jordan's being worn at that level as well.
i didn't say ALL college cats wear them. yeah i know college cats buy their own kicks a lot of the time as u have stated with D3 programs... but A LOT of them wear orthotics, idk about u but i dont know many people who's feet grow a lot from hs to college, so it wouldn't surprise me that they use those old ones or are covered from their own medical insurance to have them. i remember reading an interview on AJ Abrams from Texas a few years back about how he loved some specific Js but they all feel the same to him (any shoe he plays in) because he's fitted in orthotics.

as i've stated before shoes and performance is all related to personal preference, some cats like older styles, some like lightweight, some like low/mid... its all depending on how the foot fits, the mental awareness of one's "needs" and whatnot. but for as developed as athletes are now, shoes with newer technology are more suited to take the beating these players put the shoes through. some cats like to hoop in retros whether they're jordans, nikes, or adidas just because thats what they're favorite player wore back then, what the shoes mean, or just simply because "they're jordans".

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Ohhhh.. I see you like to "banter" in all the threads Coach Hubie style lol

I gotcha....

Ohhh trust, I am not trying to cut in on your authority! Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Back
Top Bottom