Nation’s Oldest Veteran Smokes Cigars, Takes Whiskey with Morning Coffee

View media item 649875
Richard Overton fought in the South Pacific in World War II. He was 35 when Pearl Harbor was hit and 39 when the war ended, which puts him at 107 years old now. He’s believed to be the oldest veteran in the United States.

Richard Overton, additionally, is the ******g man. According to a Veteran’s Day-themed article in the Houston Chronicle, Overton attributes his advanced age and good health—he walks without a cane and still, somewhat concernedly, drives—to a very particular diet: Overton smokes up to 12 cigars a day. AND, he takes his morning coffee with whiskey. Overton says whiskey is a “good medicine” that “keeps the muscles tender.” This is very wise advice.

Austin veteran celebrates 107th birthday
Born in 1906, the City of Austin says Overton is the oldest living World War II veteran. When he was born, the average pay was 22 cents an hour and life expectancy was only 47 years.
Richard Overton, believed to be the oldest living United States veteran at 107, accepted a box of cigars and a standing ovation Thursday with a humble demeanor and a beaming smile.

More than 100 people packed a conference room at the Stephen F. Austin building in downtown Austin to attend a pre-Veterans Day ceremony in Austin honoring Overton. ”I’ve gotten so many letters and so many thank yous and I enjoy every bit of it, but I’m still going to enjoy some more,” [he] said.

:smokin

nthat.gif

Yeah old timer def puffin the cheba

Respect for the life he's lived through. Can you imagine all that he's seen?

This vid been popping up in my recommendations for years.
Finally decided to watch it. Very inspirational.

He is showing us what conservative values will get you. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 LIBS ARE OUTTA HERE

Back
Top Bottom