NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Not sure where the criticism is coming from. Album was pretty good imo.

Their judgement is clouded cause of the whole KKKanye situation. If never said that dumb **** weeks ago, most of y'all would call NASIR AOTY

Y’all ninjas going Krazy over 2-3 average
Nas songs and 1 good one and giving it
a 4-4/5/5 y’all buggin

Nas being the legend he is should take his legacy more seriously

No I'm not going crazy over 2-3 average songs nor is it my reasoning for giving it 4-4.5/5 rating.

I thought it was a cool chill album with the only thing being "off" to me was the cop shot the kid song, but Nas still was spitting.

The way you guys were talking about the album prior to me listening I was expecting off beat rapping like I would expect from a Silkk the Shocker track, but none of them is really off beat because there is no really heavy bass or boom, bap for him to flow to.

I do agree with your last statement that he should take himself more seriously. Dude is such a talented person that if he really focused... man the possibilities are endless. He's just like many I knew growing up... all the talent in the world, but the vices and inner demons holds them back from know their true worth.

Their judgement is clouded cause of the whole KKKanye situation. If never said that dumb **** weeks ago, most of y'all would call NASIR AOTY

nope cuz idgaf bout what kanye said cuz im anti politics anti all candidates i vote for anarchy like busta rhymes in 98 i wanna ressurect prodigy just to bring hell on earth

da album is above average (not touching Pusha) but Cops shot da kid probably da best track outta all da 7 track projects.
B5BAFDF0-2932-4A5B-BE76-D6F3B2DE8D35.jpeg

Damn if B and Hov only pacing for 120k :sick: Nas might be in the Pusha T 70-80k plus first week.

Update :
The Carters (Roc Nation/UMG-Parkwood/Columbia) 115-125k, 72-77k album
5 Seconds of Summer (Capitol) 113-118k, 92-97k
Nas (Mass Appeal/Def Jam) 70-80k, 40-50k
Christina Aguilera (RCA) 68-73k, 62-67k
Jay Rock (TDE/Interscope) 24-27k, 6-7k

I play the album 3-4 times a day, I’m ****in with it heavy. It could have been better definitely. Couple beats are wack. Flow off a few songs but it’s getting a lot of spins for me.

I’m not calling him lazy for seven songs cause we know he has another. Kanye is popular so I’m sure he just rolled with his idea of 7 songs rollout. Didn’t care or fight it.

I really want to hear his 2016 album tho

Damn if B and Hov only pacing for 120k :sick: Nas might be in the Pusha T 70-80k plus first week.

Update :
The Carters (Roc Nation/UMG-Parkwood/Columbia) 115-125k, 72-77k album
5 Seconds of Summer (Capitol) 113-118k, 92-97k
Nas (Mass Appeal/Def Jam) 70-80k, 40-50k
Christina Aguilera (RCA) 68-73k, 62-67k
Jay Rock (TDE/Interscope) 24-27k, 6-7k

It came out on a Saturday.

"Life is Good" is a classic Album in my opinion. If you don't agree, then I don't understand what your expectations are when it comes to a Nas Album. Calling that an average or not so good Album, is like calling "American Gangster", or "The Black Album", an average or no good Album for Jay-Z.

This is a win for Nas, because this Album in only 7 songs, and it's still going to do decent numbers. If he wants to do better in sales. All he has to do is shoot videos for Everything, Cops Shot The Kid, and Bonjour. Surprised at the CSTK hate up in here. Like i said before, yall must not be real Nas fans up in here, because I don't understand what yall are looking for.

He's not going to team up with the Migos, or Post Malone, or MoneyBaggYo, or lil baby just to stay relevant. Dude is a legend. So he's going to move the way he wants to, without being a trend follower. Plus Rap fans are fecal in this era. After releasing masterpiece like Lig, I wouldn't be in a rush to make a full length album either. Because his work is heavily underappreciated right now. There's classic songs on this 7 song Album, and cats are still complaining, lmao.

This is why he's not worried about making an Album every 2 or 3 years like most expect him to do. But I understand others opinions in here. Most of y'all are on some VladTv stease. Yall want him to ***** his brand out. Make music with the hottest young producers/rappers every 2 to 4 years. We all want to hear him experiment with different sounds that are popular, but he's not going to do it.

He's givin us enough good material in my opinion. If I was him, I wouldn't release another album at all. He's very underappreciated as a rapper/artist. It's crazy how he's taken for granted musically. He comes from an era of quality, not quantity. Stop hating and go listen to your millennial rapper who's givin away sub par material away for free every month,lol.

Nas is widely considered the GOAT, and this cat whining that he's underappreciated :lol:

Life Is Good is good. Classic gets thrown around way too loosely on here.

"Life is Good" is a classic Album in my opinion. If you don't agree, then I don't understand what your expectations are when it comes to a Nas Album. Calling that an average or not so good Album, is like calling "American Gangster", or "The Black Album", an average or no good Album for Jay-Z.

This is a win for Nas, because this Album in only 7 songs, and it's still going to do decent numbers. If he wants to do better in sales. All he has to do is shoot videos for Everything, Cops Shot The Kid, and Bonjour. Surprised at the CSTK hate up in here. Like i said before, yall must not be real Nas fans up in here, because I don't understand what yall are looking for.

He's not going to team up with the Migos, or Post Malone, or MoneyBaggYo, or lil baby just to stay relevant. Dude is a legend. So he's going to move the way he wants to, without being a trend follower. Plus Rap fans are fecal in this era. After releasing masterpiece like Lig, I wouldn't be in a rush to make a full length album either. Because his work is heavily underappreciated right now. There's classic songs on this 7 song Album, and cats are still complaining, lmao.

This is why he's not worried about making an Album every 2 or 3 years like most expect him to do. But I understand others opinions in here. Most of y'all are on some VladTv stease. Yall want him to ***** his brand out. Make music with the hottest young producers/rappers every 2 to 4 years. We all want to hear him experiment with different sounds that are popular, but he's not going to do it.

He's givin us enough good material in my opinion. If I was him, I wouldn't release another album at all. He's very underappreciated as a rapper/artist. It's crazy how he's taken for granted musically. He comes from an era of quality, not quantity. Stop hating and go listen to your millennial rapper who's givin away sub par material away for free every month,lol.

boy are u implying "classic" "average" and "not so good" are the only ratings an album can have? sorry, but not every good/great album is a classic. i can respect your opinion, but it aint a classic to me, it's a great and enjoyable album to me.

Back
Top Bottom