My Professor just emailed me about my paper.

Did a paper on John Stuart Mill - Utilitarianism and What the bleep!?!??!?!?!?!?

Dear David,

In grading your fourth paper on Mill, I have found a sentence which is not cited but which is identical to a sentence on an internet website. I am trying tofigure out how it got into your paper, and I am wondering if you may have used some outside source for your paper which you forgot to cite or if there is someother explanation. If you have any info which could shed light on this, please email me, or, if you would rather stop by my office, you can let me know whattime you are available in the afternoon on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Best,

Prof. Rice

I DON"T EVEN REMEMBER STEALING. HOW CAN I EXPLAIN???????? I DON'T TYPICALLY TAKE SENTENCES FROM ONLINE, MAYBE THIS SLIPPED MY MIND, BUT I AM MUCH MORECAREFUL THAN THAT.

son its one sentence, jus tell him that you forgot to cite it.
stop acting like its the end of the world

its like one sentence why is it such a big deal for your professor???

I'm in high school so i wouldn't know about college

just wanted to state my opinion

hope it ends good
happy.gif

What's the big deal?

Your professor is obviously giving you an out.

Take advantage of it and tell them that you forgot or do not know how to do inbody citation.

/Thread

Just find the excerpt/sentence and cite it. J.S. Mill FTL. i had to write a paper on his book "On liberty" stupidest book i have read in my entirelife.

you have to cite every sentence or does he mean he found a sentence on a website that you didn't cite?

Originally Posted by One Love

Offer up the box.
df32546e90428c98521c6d889efa7842e594c9c.gif

really tho just tell him you forgot to cite it, not a big deal. As long as you don't have any other sentences that you didnt "cite" because ifthe prof runs in to this situation again, then he wont believe you twice.

Had something similar happen to me once. Got grilled by the professor in his office asking me questions about a paper I wrote a month before like I am supposeto remember everything and every point I made.

He just asked me to explain the thesis of my paper and why such and such fit into that thesis and when I told him he was like oh maybe you did really writethis...I think he was just surprised how good my paper was (got a 24.5/25) on it cause the class was very early in the morning and I missed it alot.

All i can say is tell the truth and read your paper carefully before you talk about the paper cause you have to make sure you know what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

roll.gif
roll.gif
Turn yourself in.

roll.gif

say you fogot to cite it

He will knock point off but its all good

make eye contact when you see him so it makes it look like your inocient

YOU CHEATER

jk

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

He didn't tell me what sentence it is!!!!

It's four pages long, how am i suppose to know??

Dont worry about the exact sentence persay just make sure you can talk about your paper confidently and logically. Dont sound like you took someone elses workmake sure that even if you did plagerize he cant tell from your understand of the paper.

K8be wan Kenobi wrote:
What was the sentence?

Was it very specific, or was it kind of generic and could possibly be a coincidence?

If it was the latter, just say it was coincidental.
If it was something real specific, just say you forgot to put quotes around it/cite it or something
Listen to this genius^

Back
Top Bottom