My Mom Is Salty At me For No Damn Reason. Lil Long Read But Got Cliffs

Ima try to make this real short. and another thing before you say ur mom is ur mom respect her and blah blah,..,..read first

All my life my grandparents raised me, my mom had me at a young age so she gave me to my grandparents. Never build that mom/son type of relationship and always called her by her first name ( im 22 btw and still say her first name ). 2006 grandma died, world was shatter and had to live with my mom, she meets a guy, gets married and now i have a stepfather. Fast foward things went sour with them so we move but i still kept in contact with him, dude is mad chill, plays xbox with me and shoot hoops and helps me alot, idk what more can i ask from him, hes great. around 08 i started staying over his house, mom found out and she started to get mad, eventually she kicked me out ( wasnt 18 yet btw). So i stayed with him until i move into my own apt. Like a yr or 2 later my mom comes back into my life, never apologize for what she did but i stayed strong. Fast forward again, this past month i recently started hanging out with him again, i did the cinnamon challenge at his house and video taped it, i guess she saw it on facebook and deleted me and blocked me, I honestly didnt care, so i made a new account just to tell her off and say im 22 yrs old its my life and i can see whoever i wanna see, the day you kicked me out is the day i no longer am ur son. She replied saying that im wrong for seeing her ex bf.....i replied back saying w.e happen between ya 2 is between ya, it had nothing to do with me. then i blocked her....now NT am i wrong for that? for far to long ive been keeping my voice inside with her but she needed to know how i felt.

cliffs

mom meets great guy
things went sour and divorced
still kept in contact with him
mom found out we still talk
mom blocked me off facebook
made a new account to tell her off
end of story.

I don't think you're in the wrong for keepin' it cool with her ex if y'all really bonded like that, but all that Facebook pettiness is lame...

...and not because it's your mother, because Facebook pettiness is just plain lame overall.

TAGS : momeveryonebangedin ny
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I don't think you're in the wrong for keepin' it cool with her ex if y'all really bonded like that, but all that Facebook pettiness is lame...

...and not because it's your mother, because Facebook pettiness is just plain lame overall.

You live by yourself, pay your own bills, your a grown+@$ man.

All I can say is you are very fortunate to have your mom's ex take you under his wing.  I don't believe you are in the wrong at all for not turning your back on him just cus your mom and him aren't together.  Your mother appears to be very immature.  Hold your head homie.

You a !##+$ for worrying about that petty @**!. If you're a grown %%$ man, you can see whomever the %%*% you want.

Yo man... no disrespect, and I normally wouldn't ever say this, but your biological mother sounds very immature, and if she is resorting to unfriending and blocking you on FB because you want to maintain a friendship with a positive male role model, then maybe you're better off not trying to make mends with her. Don't get me wrong, I would encourage everyone to make an attempt to try to reach out to their parents and try to foster a relationship with them regardless of how messed up their childhood was. However, it seems like you've done that, only to have your mother act irrational. I mean, your mother sounds like she's still in a high school train of thought if she's blocking and deleting people for hanging out with her ex.

I don't know man... I really don't want to say that you should just go on without your mother... but if I were in your position I would have a long time ago. At the end of the day, you should go with what feels right with you. That's a tough call though.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

All I can say is you are very fortunate to have your mom's ex take you under his wing.  I don't believe you are in the wrong at all for not turning your back on him just cus your mom and him aren't together.  Your mother appears to be very immature.  Hold your head homie.

THIS

truthfully my situation isn't to well so I'm not going to say anything but i hope you find a resolve that makes you, mom dukes, and ex step pops happy.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Agree with 100% of this.

You're a grown man OP and doing the right thing. Her ex took you in, you aren't in the wrong at all for staying connected with him.

You're more of an adult than your mother. I never like saying that either because I feel there should always be a respect for a parent but she's being very immature.

And I'm a momma's boy
tired.gif

Im reading everything guys and thanks and im not offended at all by what you guys say, i mean look at the tags i posted lol , and my mom is a smart woman, she's a nurse but she def has that mentality of a high school girl, i feel that as a mother no matter what your kid does you should have their backs, in my case its her EX that has my back, BUT at the same time when i have kids and get married i feel she should be their atleast to enjoy my precious moments. but the way she's acting, i can care less if she's on the street, it saddens me to say that, but its not fair at all on my part.

She sounds immature but think of it in her perspective. Not only did things turn sour between her and him but now it appears like he stole he son (albeit she did a !@@#+* job of being your mom). In her eyes, it probably felt like the ultimate slap in the face. Not only did she lose her second husband, but now her son is siding with him.

much respect to him for being a positive influence on you even after it went sour w/your mom

it sucks cuz she's your mom but maybe its best you two stay apart...this is more on her than you...she's the mother and should be making an effort w/you...

i don't think you were wrong

Originally Posted by Lxj

She sounds immature but think of it in her perspective. Not only did things turn sour between her and him but now it appears like he stole he son (albeit she did a !@@#+* job of being your mom). In her eyes, it probably felt like the ultimate slap in the face. Not only did she lose her second husband, but now her son is siding with him.

I understand this completely, but he's done so much for me that i can never repay him. More than what my own mom did. Taught me how to drive a car, help me get jobs, made sure i had money in my pocket when i went out, when i was living with my mom in the short time, she never made sure if i was ok or what time i was gonna be home, or called me late nights when i was out.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

much respect to him for being a positive influence on you even after it went sour w/your mom

it sucks cuz she's your mom but maybe its best you two stay apart...this is more on her than you...she's the mother and should be making an effort w/you...

i don't think you were wrong
this is exactly what i was looking for
frown.gif
this hit me just now.

as a mother i really feel that you should make the effort with ur kids no matter how screwed up their are or how good they doing. the least she can do is ask me if im ok.

on the hood she never cared bout you thats y she gave you to your grandparents, forget her bro.

so at what point did you and your step dad first engage in sexual intercourse?

You were winning until you mentioned facebook imo...

May I ask why things went sour with your mom and stepdad? He did her dirty?

Back
Top Bottom