My cousin got caught selling 1K worth of weed in NY...how much time will he be facing?

just got a text from his sister

dude got caught selling 1K of weed to an undercover cop in NY
smh.gif

She just found out couple hours ago but this supposedly happened a few days ago..

He's only 19-20 years old and attends NYU and has been released and has court date on the 19th

thing is, he told his uncle, and his uncle accidentally told his parents (dude was drunk
laugh.gif
) and they are just going to show up in court and surprise him

to my understanding i THINK it was weed, but either way im for sure certain she said it was worth over 1K

my question, how much time will he be locked up and how much in fines? anyone have an estimate?

I heard if you are caught doing something with marijuana (selling, smoking, possession, etc.) you can end up in jail for 1-3 years. In California anyway...Don't quote me on that.

Originally Posted by Sole LO

use weight instead of $. price could be different for each individual

i honestly wish i knew more facts on this story

the brother doesn't even know his own sisters knows about this..he told the bf and te bf told her

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I heard if you are caught doing something with marijuana (selling, smoking, possession, etc.) you can end up in jail for 1-3 years. In California anyway... Don't quote me on that.

quoted u on that

Not familiar with the NY market, especially these days, but I'll go ahead and assume that said cousin had approximately 112 grams of marijuana inposession. In any 'green-friendly' states, he might have been looking at a few weeks, perhaps even a warning. But knowing NY, dey gon thow da book atchya boy.

was it $1k in mids or dro cause there's a big difference between a pound or a QP(southern prices but you get the idea it would be a lot less serious if itwas dro wherever you're at cause of less weight).

Originally Posted by Sole LO

use weight instead of $. price could be different for each individual
Yup depends on the dealer he had. How much he was getting and the type of weed, it varies in price because of quality. If he was selling greensits probably a lot compared to some sour, but yeah really have find out how much it was. I know someone that got caught with 300 e pills got 2 years. He isfacing time no matter what lawyer he has since he got caught selling to a cop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

Not familiar with the NY market, especially these days, but I'll go ahead and assume that said cousin had approximately 112 grams of marijuana in posession. In any 'green-friendly' states, he might have been looking at a few weeks, perhaps even a warning. But knowing NY, dey gon thow da book at chya boy.
What i don't understand is, would he STILL be locked up from the time they caught him?
i didn't know they could release them.

hes white if that matters
eyes.gif

Also if he was selling to the cop and he barely knew they guy he must idiot. Why would you sell that much to someone you barely know.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Also if he was selling to the cop and he barely knew they guy he must idiot. Why would you sell that much to someone you barely know.
indifferent.gif
if you worried about who the buyer is, youshouldn't sell in the first place.

But damn. Kid was trying to make some money. going to school ain't cutting it fam.

I would guess 14 days in the pen. and then probation.

he messed up his semester.

Well if it was 1k worth I'm guessing he also got with intent to sell. I don't know the amount but was this NYC or NY state?

He's done for in NYC even if it was just weed. Post the weight tho I can't really call it. Is this is his first charge? He not just getting probationfam. Rockefeller laws still in effect
smh.gif

Did they release him with no bail ? If So he should be good and at most he might get probation r ACD depending on the lawyer And Also I May Add That Ur CuzzMight Get Off The Hook Being That A Lot Of Times Cops Will Keep It And It Never Makes It Too The Evidence Room

Back
Top Bottom