My Cell Phone Frustrations

I see a lot of you guys talking about how annoyed you get with people calling you. Don't make another post "My friends don't call me anymore"when they actually do stop calling you completely.

I try to answer my phone as much as I can.
There are times and places where you just can't answer your phone though.
Most of the time, people just call me when they need to and not just to **** around and tell me useless things.

Something like, "DUDE! A punk with a civic just revved at me! WHAT DO I DO!?"
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Nobody ever calls me---the only reason I have a cell is for my fam, boyfriend, work
laugh.gif

But yea, I'd leave my phone in the room all the time. I'd just be like "eh, I'll get it when I go back to my room" and it was no bigdeal. Nobody ever died, so its not that crucial to have it on you all the time.

Originally Posted by West2East

I agree with everything you just said whole heartedly. Unfortunately my friends still don't get it. Oh and if I don't answer my cell phone or I had it turned off, that doesn't mean you can call my house phone
smh.gif

OMG that just grinds my gears #%% i didnt want to talk to you anyway and my girl always gives me the house phone like i didnt kno you didnt want to talkto them dumb broad
mad.gif

It just seems strange to me how people have become slaves to their cell phone. Just because it's portable doesn't mean you have to bring it everywhere,and just because you have it doesn't mean you have to answer it. People are shocked when I leave my phone at home, and say things like "I could neverdo that." Are you serious? Do you think you're that important that you need to be reached at all times? How did you live ten years ago? The cell phonejust seems like relatively new technology that has really burrowed it's way into everyone's every day, and made people think that they can't livewithout it. I suppose the same can be said for a lot of technological advances, but it's still so weird to me.

I remember one chick I was dating couldn't find her phone before we left the house, and simply said "oh well" and proceeded to leave without it.At that moment I realized how much attention I actually gave a phone in my life. No, I do not feel obligated to answer every single call that comes in, orrespond to every text, quite frankly because I'm lazy. But its just way too much of a conscious effort for me to leave my phone somewhere I am not.However, I've been getting better lately, I left my phone in my car for my first half of work a few days back
smile.gif

i really dont have any issues.
i hate it how people (girls) have these phones on them all day, and never *%+!%#* answer the phone when you call.

sounds like OP much?
i mean, whats the point of having the phone, paying $300+ on it. if youre never gonna answer it all day everyday.
falling into the hype of society? just because everyone else has one, you feel the need to have it?

some people really have no need for a phone.
so why do you have them? if you are never going to answer them?

Originally Posted by seaner23

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i really dont have any issues.
i hate it how people (girls) have these phones on them all day, and never *%+!%#* answer the phone when you call.

sounds like OP much?
i mean, whats the point of having the phone, paying $300+ on it. if youre never gonna answer it all day everyday.
falling into the hype of society? just because everyone else has one, you feel the need to have it?

some people really have no need for a phone.
so why do you have them? if you are never going to answer them?
my cell phone is for my convenience...not yours...i have my phone in case of emergencies or in case i need to get ahold of somebody.

Well put, and this pretty much sums it up for me. I have a phone for when my boyfriend calls and texts me, my mother calls me, and when I want to answerfor everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom