My brother has lost his confidence and work ethic

Clutch with the cliffs. Kinda weird how OP's brother is actually extremely similar to mines.

OP, I think the best thing you can do is just be there to support him when he needs it. Me and my brother have a very close relationship and during the years he spent depressed nothing I said or did changed it for very long.

It wasn't until my brother became a father did the depression sort of go away, as he now understands he has more then just himself to live and care for. It was an unplanned pregnancy, and the chick was actually suppose to abort it, but threw him a curveball at the last second.

Now my brother is moving up within his company, and hoping to go back to school to get a job in IT.. Im younger by 5 years, so it's always weird when im giving dude advice about everything like im the older brother.

Just let him know if he ever needs anything you're only a call away, and its not a problem. I've answered his calls at anytime of the day, regardless where I was at and would drop everything at a moments notice to help him out, cause he's my brother, I love him (pause), and it's worth it. Pretty sure you feel the same about yours.
It sounds like we both try and look out for our brothers to the best of our abilities. I'm sure your brother appreciates that you're always there for him and it's good to hear that he's turning things around.

I'm hoping it's not depression since I've been through some rough points in my life so I know what it's like. As others have mentioned, it might take him hitting some kind of wall as sort of a wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom