My boy just got signed...

ahhh i knew this book would come in handy ... like everyone said your boy basically fell into the shark tank once he took the 12,000 advance money .... itlooks sooooo good to someone who doesn't have money ... what your boy doesn't probably know is it

a)He has to make that money back and only after that will he get his real money
b)He has to make sure that "Money Tree Records" or w/e is connected with a legit distributor. WHO IS GOING TO GET HIS ALBUMS OUT THERE?! Independentlabels and majors aren't distributors, and thus have no way to get the records into stores
c)He needs a business lawyer .. he shouldn't have done a thing before he signed that contract.
d)Your boy is screwed because he signed the papers without having a business lawyer revise the terms of the contract ... and if he tries to get out thecontract before the 4 albums are done ... which can take FOREVER since the industry works at their own pace and their own terms ... he's probably going toget sued PLUS re-pay the 12 grand he probably doesn't have ... i feel bad for him in a sense because it's another person who falls into the twistedgames of the music industry.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!
pimp.gif

p.s - on a lighter note ... GOT MY INTERNSHIP @ ISLAND DEF JAM BACK! HOLLA!

i aint make that joint... thats and plan and flu collab right there...

the industry works at their own pace and their own terms ...
===================
Truth.

For anybody else in a similar situation or planning on a career anywhere NEAR entertainment, ALWAYS have a lawyer. And I don't mean a bootleg one or onethat's a family friend. Do your own research and find one in your respective field.

He may be able to get a lawyer to go back & help fight to restructure the contract...but I doubt it.

euclid huh? i lived in euclid for 23 years, just move closer to my job. who said no one nice outta cleveland? i dont like fat al or chip or any of that campbut i always liked ray cash. i havent heard any new good stuff recently but COD and clangin and swangin were hot in my book.

Originally Posted by belle155

euclid huh? i lived in euclid for 23 years, just move closer to my job. who said no one nice outta cleveland? i dont like fat al or chip or any of that camp but i always liked ray cash. i havent heard any new good stuff recently but COD and clangin and swangin were hot in my book.

you dont talk like that in the real world

Back
Top Bottom