MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

People on MP Reddit are saying e-ticketing isn't working.
The seats they reserve are still showing up as available.
Hmmm.

Not sure I want to risk it. Its a smaller theater and those tend to be packed. The issue I have with that isn't that I cant reserve amd keep a seat its the only ones left are in the front row. Not gonna go in hoping somebody had a problem reserving when my ticket is gonna have in th3 front row if an usher comes to see.

BraveAromaticAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

Damn. End is near.

I'll be looking for a refund if I don't get a full year out if this.

These dudes wasting money trying to make a movie studio but cant even pay their computer bills to keep the service running :smh:
I figured they wouldn’t make it past the summer smh. I’m gonna need a refund

Man they about to make me pay for my own ticket if they don't fix this soon.

Unbelievable. I paid a year for this and now I gotta come out a pocket again?. Cant recall the last time I paid for my own movie ticket :smh:

i've only seen two movies so far smh. Looks like I could catch Blindspotting using e-ticketing. Im surprised only one theatre in chicago close to me offers e-ticketing

its crazy because on hindsight it's either they didn't think this would be successful or they didn't predict where their cap for diminishing returns which should have been obvious

they charge $10/month for people to see as many movies they want but they pay the theaters the full ticket price so you had to predict at how much subscribers they'll have before they stop making money

did they not expect people to go to the theaters 3-4 times a week? did they not expect to get a few million subs? it's almost like it is set up to eventually fail

they are at 3m subs and predicting 5m at the end of the year and for every new subs they lose money

i hate to say it but they best thing they could do is probably bump up the monthly and remove peak pricing, they'll lose subs (but that is good for them) and if they increase to $15 they are still undercutting AMC and have access to about every theater so they won't lose everyone

Had to pull the trigger and cop it myself.

Wasn't gonna semi-waste a trip in the city just to maybe go tomorrow and do it again hoping it works.

So is it not working at all today?
Seems like it.

Hasn't been working since yesterday evening.

its crazy because on hindsight it's either they didn't think this would be successful or they didn't predict where their cap for diminishing returns which should have been obvious

they charge $10/month for people to see as many movies they want but they pay the theaters the full ticket price so you had to predict at how much subscribers they'll have before they stop making money

did they not expect people to go to the theaters 3-4 times a week? did they not expect to get a few million subs? it's almost like it is set up to eventually fail

they are at 3m subs and predicting 5m at the end of the year and for every new subs they lose money

i hate to say it but they best thing they could do is probably bump up the monthly and remove peak pricing, they'll lose subs (but that is good for them) and if they increase to $15 they are still undercutting AMC and have access to about every theater so they won't lose everyone

It seems like everyone predicted it but them.

They were dependent on getting theaters and other companies to buy in instead of just starting their own.

They went too low. But they also would't have grown as fast. It was one of those deals that was too good to be true.

What they should do is make it 20 like AMC and add all the features (3D, IMAX etc...) but make it work with all theaters if possible.

yah at first it wasn't clear how it made sense, i thought they were paying the theaters a discounted rate and in return the theaters would make out on extra concession purchases due to the extra foot traffic

but it turns out they are paying full ticket price which is insane as some regular tix out there could reach $20 with just 2d viewing

and on hindsight, maybe it would have been a good idea to just exclude all AMC theaters, I mean if too much subscribers is the issue then one theaters excluded isn't too bad at all considering AMCs are far and few in between

I mean I am in LA and they are really spread apart and most of the time, it is a hassle to get to it because of traffic and just how crowded where it is located

Back
Top Bottom