Movie adpatations that delivered!

i was disappointed in the film portrayal of watchmen, but i feel like it was destined for failure. i read the comic after seeing the trailer for the movie, and there's no way you can capture the essence of what watchmen was trying to deliver in one film.

Now there was nooo way in hell that movie had any chance of coming close to the graphic novel. That said, to straight rip panels image for image was excellent. That movie could not have been done any better. Like radio said, one movie wouldn't have been able to capture the "essence" of Watchmen. Average movie but it was a great adaptation IMO.

Haven't read the graphic novel but I hear Sin City was also a good adaptation

Now there was nooo way in hell that movie had any chance of coming close to the graphic novel. That said, to straight rip panels image for image was excellent. That movie could not have been done any better. Like radio said, one movie wouldn't have been able to capture the "essence" of Watchmen. Average movie but it was a great adaptation IMO.

Haven't read the graphic novel but I hear Sin City was also a good adaptation

i will always believe Watchmen would have been best served as a 5-10 part miniseries on HBO/Showtime..

i will always believe Watchmen would have been best served as a 5-10 part miniseries on HBO/Showtime..

Off the top of my head:
  • American Psycho
  • Fight Club
  • The Town
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • To Kill A Mockingbird
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Graduate
  • Everything Is Illuminated
  • Apocalypse Now!
  • Blade Runner
  • The Godfather

Off the top of my head:
  • American Psycho
  • Fight Club
  • The Town
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • To Kill A Mockingbird
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Graduate
  • Everything Is Illuminated
  • Apocalypse Now!
  • Blade Runner
  • The Godfather

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Watchmen

--This.
pimp.gif

--Fight Club
--Sin City

Men In Black
iRobot
LOTR
Blade
I liked the Resident Evil movies though I may be in the minority with that
Also might be in the minority with the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie

They need to reboot Spawn.  That movie was ahead of its time. The series on HBO was
pimp.gif

Men In Black
iRobot
LOTR
Blade
I liked the Resident Evil movies though I may be in the minority with that
Also might be in the minority with the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie

They need to reboot Spawn.  That movie was ahead of its time. The series on HBO was
pimp.gif

LOTR
Jurassic Park
Stand by Me
Shawshank
Green Mile
The Shining
The Exorcist
Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter

LOTR
Jurassic Park
Stand by Me
Shawshank
Green Mile
The Shining
The Exorcist
Silence of the Lambs
Harry Potter

I have to agree, even though the film had some horrid performances (Malin) and was very stylized, Snyder's Watchmen was as true a comic adaptation I had seen in a while. When people criticize the ending, I always agree, but not about the part about the alien invasion. The part that really irked me the most is that Manhattan didn't deliver the "...nothing ever ends" line.

And even though I had never read the books, how about The Lord of the Rings trilogy? I always enjoyed all the films, but never knew if it held true to the source material.

I have to agree, even though the film had some horrid performances (Malin) and was very stylized, Snyder's Watchmen was as true a comic adaptation I had seen in a while. When people criticize the ending, I always agree, but not about the part about the alien invasion. The part that really irked me the most is that Manhattan didn't deliver the "...nothing ever ends" line.

And even though I had never read the books, how about The Lord of the Rings trilogy? I always enjoyed all the films, but never knew if it held true to the source material.

does it need to be true to the book? the godfather movies were good, but according to anyone who has read the book, they say the book was way better.

does it need to be true to the book? the godfather movies were good, but according to anyone who has read the book, they say the book was way better.

The Outsiders

outsidersmovie.jpg

Even though the ending was changed and they screwed up the relationship aspect, the movie was enjoyable
kick-%+%24-review-2010.jpg

The Outsiders

outsidersmovie.jpg

Even though the ending was changed and they screwed up the relationship aspect, the movie was enjoyable
kick-%+%24-review-2010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom