Most overrated producer ever/producer whose beats don't age well???

I KNEW their was gonna be heavy hatred for Swizzy.

Ima say Lil John. I dont EVER hear any if his music anymore. I dont go to the clubs so I dobt know if its still being played in their.

and yea any song with sped soul samples. doesnt matter the producer, the SOUND itself is played if done wrong. Heatmakers had dope beats that did not have sped samples (KILLA CAM)

I NEVER liked Neptunes so im biased toward them gettibg hated on in this post

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

fam do you not understand how ahead of time Neptunes and Timbo were? 
OP has lots of stupid opinions in regards to music.

Swizz beats definitely. Dude sucks 9/10 times.

Swizz Beats like everybody is saying.

and DJ Premier. I mean I'm feelin only a few of his beats but for the most part nope.

Has to be swizzy ...dude recycles beats like no other ..you cant tell me that drag-ons "Spit these Barz" and "Street Knock arent the same beat..smh

Originally Posted by cartune

I think you meant to say Premo
You're out of your damn mind.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by illniche22

Has to be swizzy ...dude recycles beats like no other ..you cant tell me that drag-ons "Spit these Barz" and "Street Knock arent the same beat..smh

Yep.

Completely agree on Swizz. Dude's M.O. for making beats is just dropping a bunch of pots and pans on the floor while ringing a door bell.

Whoever talked down on Heatmakerz though...go to hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heelish

He gave Nas his worst beats ever ("You Owe Me" feat. Ginuwine, "You Won't See Me Tonight" feat. Aaliyah), had the worst beat on LOX's We Are The Streets, worst Snoop single with the most embarrassing hook ever ("S-N-DOUBLE-O-P D-O-DOUBLE-JUH-SAYYYYYY"
embarassed.gif
).

Their best stuff together hasn't aged well ("N*gga What, N*gga Who"). "Hola Hovito" is the second worst beat on BP1 & he gave Jay his worst beat ever ("Ghetto Techno"). "Hey Papi", "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", & "Big Pimpin" are their only listenable songs together. He never stole the show on any Jigga album.

You Owe Me - hot beat, wack lyrics and delivery
You Won't See Me Tonight - huh?, that beat is cold as hell
Snoop - decent beat, stupid hook, but we not talking about hooks
Jigga What, Jigga Who - Straight classic, one of the best beats ever, if anything didn't age well it was Jay's Fu-Schnickens type flow
Hola Hovito - wack chorus, decent beat
Ghetto Techno - Don't remember that song, I'll take your word for it

Regardless, Timbo is a legend. I think he worked with wack artists because

A. That's who he came up with
B. To showcase the beats so that elite artists could take note and drop $$$

Clearly the formula worked for him. Don't even get me started on his R&B/Pop music. Dude bodies those genre's.

Araab Muzik sucks, all his crap sounds the same and yet ppl love his beats smh. That beat for that Dipset reunion song, Salute, totally killed ANY chance of them dudes to make a comeback smh

I would say Dr. Dre but he doesn't even make his own beats he jacks other producers beats and puts his name on it.

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

Araab Muzik sucks, all his crap sounds the same and yet ppl love his beats smh. That beat for that Dipset reunion song, Salute, totally killed ANY chance of them dudes to make a comeback smh

I feel this, but isnt dude a techno DJ?  I doubt he is remotely interested in hip hop music, but if somebody wants to pay him for a beat i doubt he would turn it down

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

I KNEW their was gonna be heavy hatred for Swizzy.
I know
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The work he put in during the mid to late 90's solidifies him in my book.

Originally Posted by solarius49

I feel this, but isnt dude a techno DJ?  I doubt he is remotely interested in hip hop music, but if somebody wants to pay him for a beat i doubt he would turn it down

He samples a lot of trance music but I wouldn't consider him anything but a Hip-Hop artist.

I'm not a fan of his but he's far from the most overrated.

I'd say that has to be Swizz.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

the only thing swizz has done right the past 15 years was alicia

And Megaupload.
Swizz had classics for DMX/Jay/Ruff Ryders 
indifferent.gif

Timbaland is a sellout. Every hot beat he made is wasted on a sh*tty artist. Hence him being the most overrated.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by solarius49

He samples a lot of trance music but I wouldn't consider him anything but a Hip-Hop artist.

I'm not a fan of his but he's far from the most overrated.

I'd say that has to be Swizz.

idk bruh, not saying your wrong, but the only time I've heard of Araabmusik other than on Dip records was on MPC competitions/videos

How can anyone mention the man who brought out the best in so many of the greatest to do it.

And EVERYTHING is going to sound "dated" 10 or so years after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom