Most overrated producer ever/producer whose beats don't age well???

Swizz Beatz's older stuff wasn't bad, but it does get repetative after a while. Lil Jon's beats weren't all that great except for that Quick To Backdown joint.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

%%%% no, Timbaland is one of the greatest. I don't care, maybe some of his beats are weak now but he still has joints that are thrown on and I'm still in shock.

I was just listening to Ginuwine's The Bachelor, production on this album over TEN years later is still phenomenal.
Supa Dupa Fly
100% Ginuwine
Miss E so Addictive
All of the Timbaland albums had some crazy production, Aaliyah's albums and the work he put in with Justin Timberlake.

Fabolous - Make Me Better
Ruff Ryders - They Ain't Ready
Obie Trice - Bad $*!*%
Lox - Ride or Die Chick
Snoop Dogg - Set it Off
Aaliyah - We Need A Resolution
Jadakiss - Nasty Girl
Ludacris - Rollout
Jamie Foxx - Can I Take You Home

All BIG name producers are gonna have some beats that don't age well because they have so many beats out. I can't play half of the Neptunes catalogue because so much of it sounds outdated now but I'm not gonna @%!% on them.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Came in here to say Hi-Tek.

Impossible. He can make awful beats for the rest of his life but his legacy will remain that of an incredible producer.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Swizz Beatz's older stuff wasn't bad, but it does get repetative after a while. Lil Jon's beats weren't all that great except for that Quick To Backdown joint.
I personally think that's one of his weakest beats
laugh.gif

"Damn", Scrappy & Trillville album, "Bia Bia", "Rep Yo City", "I Don't Give A &@^#", "Shorty Wanna Ride" >>>> Quick To Back Down"

LOTS of confusion in here.

OP is basically asking 2 different questions.

For me the most overrated producer BECAAAAAAAAAME Dr. Dre (notice the emphasis on "became").

As far as your second question goes... If the producer hasn't been around for 10/15+ years then you (or shall I say "I") can't REALLY discuss whether or not their *#%* has "aged well" or not due to the fact that the *#%* is still kinda fresh (not fresh as in dope,but fresh to the ears). The best you (or shall I say "I"... again) can do is say "yooooo that *#%* is ill!!!!" or say "maaaaaan that *#%* is wack!!!!". Every producer mentioned in this thread from the 90's has CLASSIC material and music from ANY genre that is considered to be classic is completely VOID of age (or aging).

Originally Posted by heelish

I'd say it's Timbaland. I can't believe people actually think he's the GOAT. 
sick.gif

He's a hip-hop infiltrator to the worst degree, and everyone gives him a pass. He steals beats without giving proper credit, he's disowned hip-hop & came running back when Danja stopped ghostproducing for him, & has the worst partner ever in Magoo. Besides, his beats don't age well, the sound effects he makes with his mouth are corny, and he has a Sausage Neck. Aligning himself for YEARS with sub part artists such as Missy Elliot, Tweet, & Ginuwine was digusting. He let other infiltrators into the circle (Timberlake, Nelly Fertado) & not one person called him out on it.

He gave Nas his worst beats ever ("You Owe Me" feat. Ginuwine, "You Won't See Me Tonight" feat. Aaliyah), had the worst beat on LOX's We Are The Streets, worst Snoop single with the most embarrassing hook ever ("S-N-DOUBLE-O-P D-O-DOUBLE-JUH-SAYYYYYY"
embarassed.gif
).

How can people say that the team of Jay/Timbo is one of the GOAT? Their best stuff together hasn't aged well ("N*gga What, N*gga Who"). "Hola Hovito" is the second worst beat on BP1 & he gave Jay his worst beat ever ("Ghetto Techno"). "Hey Papi", "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", & "Big Pimpin" are their only listenable songs together. He never stole the show on any Jigga album.

"I'm So Fly" & "Put You On Game" were his best-produced singles, and Danja co-produced them.

If only he finished what he was going to do after his $2 million watch was stolen.

Age well?? 
ohwell.gif

Imo if a beat is nice it always will be... Same way if its garbage.

If you don't like Swizzy or Timbos beats now you probably never did.

I think rappers are the ones that don't 'age well'... You could probably name a dozen people who you used to #*@% with but don't anymore.

I bet Araabmuzik is ILL at street fighter. Anyway, he need to get Cam to rap over Skrillex ASAP

Back
Top Bottom