Most Disappointing Video Game of 2011?

2K12
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

This thread brings up a real %$* issue to me...

Do you understand how hard it must be to be a video game creator AND keep your fans happy? This community has a TOUGH crowd. Very hard to please. A lot of nerds, for lack of better terms, and people that pay close attention to detail and notice every mistake. The graphics keep getting better and better, it costs more and more to produce games these days, and that means there's little room for error. If a game company fails a couple times, they usually end up dissolving or just failing. Look at what's happening to Hideo Kojimas team... That's a prime example. It's getting tougher and tougher to make successful video games, that keep kids happy, sells, detours piracy, etc etc et.

Respect and peace to video game teams.
Yeah but they are businesses tho? I mean, it is rough out there

Originally Posted by deFOBking

Originally Posted by Mac4167

I think the people who hate MW3 are the ones that get mad because there not any good, just my opinion though.

this
I have a 2.1 K/D and only lost 5 matches out of 200 in TDM, game is still garbage and the maps are even worse.

Do you understand how hard it must be to be a video game creator AND keep your fans happy? This community has a TOUGH crowd. Very hard to please. A lot of nerds, for lack of better terms, and people that pay close attention to detail and notice every mistake. The graphics keep getting better and better, it costs more and more to produce games these days, and that means there's little room for error. If a game company fails a couple times, they usually end up dissolving or just failing. Look at what's happening to Hideo Kojimas team... That's a prime example. It's getting tougher and tougher to make successful video games, that keep kids happy, sells, detours piracy, etc etc et.

Which is true but MW3 was just lame. It seems uninspired, the maps feel like they just put some basic sh together. Maps are either mad small and unoriginal or huge, full of space. When I bought the game, played it once and didn't play it again for two weeks. Game sucked, Black Ops was decent and all the ones before it were amazing (4, World at War, MW2) 

Wow my brother got me L.A. Noire as a gift for christmas, after reading all these comments i'm scared to play it
frown.gif

I would say mw3 but i wasnt expecting it to be a game with a high skill gap which makes real gamers like me enjoy games. So im gonna say brink too because i was looking for a tfc like game to play on pc in leagues since tf2 is trash.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Mac4167

I think the people who hate MW3 are the ones that get mad because there not any good, just my opinion though.

this
I have a 2.1 K/D and only lost 5 matches out of 200 in TDM, game is still garbage and the maps are even worse.
never thought of playing other game modes huh?

I've got a ton of respect for what these game developers do. Especially the companies who are releasing these games yearly, but for some of their most pressing issues in their series to experience even more problems is saddening.

It does suck though how we continue to play these games
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

this
I've never lost a single game in MW3 and the game still blows

Originally Posted by pootaing

I'm not great, but doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I played all game modes and consistently play Drop Zone and HC Dom - but I agree the game is wack. It was a gift, so I'm keeping it - but probably will move on to something else (BF) when I go to Best Buy today.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Wow my brother got me L.A. Noire as a gift for christmas, after reading all these comments i'm scared to play it
frown.gif

LA Noire was great.  the details they included were spot on.  the only reason for the hate is the replay value rockstar has had with it's past games.
and Uncharted 3 was great too which is surprising its been mentioned but the only reason i didn't like it because the story was so short.  

Originally Posted by pootaing

Word, it was alot of fun the first two weeks, but the maps are awful, and this is by far the most camping I have seen out of any COD and that's saying a lot (thanks to the dumbed down perks).
and I've played plenty of Ground War and domination....matter of fact 3 of my 5 losses came from that game type and it was usually because I had team mates who did not want to cap territories.
laugh.gif

I agree to a certain extent. How can you explain video game teams that make games like EA's Madden each and every year? same ol game with a new box each year. There is no justification in that.

on the real though mw3 has been great ever since they fixed the lag compensation. and camping is not a real problem in this game since the maps make is super easy to stop them. ever since they fixed the lag issues i have more fun on this game playing with friends than any game i played in a long time
NBA 2k12 is hot garbage this year. last years game was almost perfect i thought and was super easy to stop the cheesers online. this year they took out the good on the fly menu options and online play is the worst thing i have ever seen. plus i shouldn't have to fix the game to make it easier and more realistic on sliders. it should just be like that. there is no reason shots go through my defenders hand or derek fisher jumping higher than the backboard. or michael beasley lighting me up for 40 points when he is shooting 4 ft behind the 3pt line with a defender in his face. or rondo draining a turn around fadeaway from full court

Originally Posted by syxth element

Mortal Kombat 9 was trash. I loved the older series, as I grew up playing MK-UMK3.
I bought MK9 and played for a week and never touched it again. It received GOTY because IMO a lot of people fell for the hype so they ended up selling a lot of copies. But who still really plays this game? 

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS SON

Originally Posted by MECKS

dead island.

all the hype and i didnt enjoy playing it. then random people would join my game and start doing all these missions for me....
laugh.gif

I kind of agree.

RAGE. words can't describe the anger I had when I reached the end. "Nah it can't be over this soon.... Wait that was the ending? REALLY?" *tosses game*

Back
Top Bottom