MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

My theater didn't even show the Interstellar trailer with Godzilla, they showed 3 R-rated films, which was weird because this was a PG13 film but the trailer felt like I'd be watch an R-rated film.

‘Godzilla’ Sequel In The Works At Warner Bros. & Legendary

EXCLUSIVE: After opening to $103M internationally — the biggest opening of 2014 so far — and grossing $93M domestic stateside this weekend, it should come as no surprise that Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.‘ are already developing a sequel to the monster hit. It was confirmed to Deadline this morning that a Godzilla sequel is underway. The beast is currently stomping across international markets to take No. 1 spots in most territories.

Kind of weird to see WB and Legendary working together again though.

For anybody else that saw it in IMAX, was there a 2d option for y'all? The Metreon in SF only had the "3d experience'.

just saw godzilla
when he uses his atomic breath to kill the female muto 
pimp.gif

Also godzilla 2 confirmed 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

watched it... loved it :smokin

i was just wondering how many ppl he killed walking away to the ocean at the end :rofl:
loved the scene of the ppl still working while there was a monster sighting in their city :lol:

I was a few minutes late to the movie, I was looking forward to Interstellar.. yet I didn't see the trailer.. so I'm assuming it was the FIRST one and I missed it :lol:

Granted, I already saw it online, but still..

They didn't show the Interstellar trailer during the showing I went to either.

To kill him off so early was wasting off a valuable character. Maybe his character could've been for the godzilla franchise what Shia LaBeouf was for the first three transformers. Now there is no lead that can lead the future godzilla movies.
Yeah there is, Godzilla. 
laugh.gif

watched it... loved it :smokin

i was just wondering how many ppl he killed walking away to the ocean at the end :rofl:
loved the scene of the ppl still working while there was a monster sighting in their city :lol:

How great would it have been if Godzilla threw up the dueces while he was walking away.... :smokin

just saw godzilla
pimp.gif

THIS!

i though the movie was dope!... yeah, it starts slow, but it's all worth it once the fighting starts 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
went to see it yesterday with a friend who was visiting, i almost didnt get to see it as she "heard" it wasnt good and that neighbors would be better. f*** that, i waited all weekend to see this....i thought the movie was great, my friend came out of it entertained. she literally googled "muto" as we walked out of the theatre and came across this

http://www.mutoresearch.net/

dont know if it was already posted. but its basically a bunch of scenes from the movie, nice additional build up to anyone who hasnt seen it. 
correct me if im wrong but, when the scientists/researchers visit that site in the phillipines they encounter what seems to be a rib cage of sorts. was that supposed to mean that the mutos "parasites" had already killed a godzilla ? 
i really thought brian cranstons character was gonna play an even more major part throughout the movie, seeing he had a bunch of research on those floppys he was hell bent on getting. 

someone touched on about seeing the mutos foot/limb being shown a lot, i thought it was to emphasize the "electro shock wave" it created to kill all electrical currents. that scene where planes are falling from the sky was crazy. that POV style made a lot of scenes in the movie that much better

the final fight scene was cool, the preggo muto planting her eggs in a nest kind of gave me a 98 godzilla feel, where you think one of those things survives. but i guess they all blew up. 

the lighting of godzillas tail was ill, thought he was gonna go full charizard haha. his power kind of surprised me but it was cool to see. caught some feels when that building collapsed on him, and when he and ford locked eyes.

all in all i enjoyed the movie. 

G walking off in the water reminded me of Al Bundy for some reason lol
roll.gif

I really enjoyed the entire movie. Yes there were some bummers in the storyline...But overall, the pacing of the film seemed consistent. Loved everything about Godzilla...Just wish he had more screen time.

And people LOL'd when Watanabe first said "Godzilla". lol.

just saw godzilla
pimp.gif

Also godzilla 2 confirmed 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i still don't know how Godzilla ninja'd his way behind the Muto.  Wouldn't every single step be heard/felt?  Was the Muto that interested in killing a tiny human?

after first half, movie wasn't good. Also, why did the Ken have the same expression the ENTIRE movie.

Movie tried to over justify the plot of monsters, which led to the dialogue being heavy-handed and distracting. They could've gone less complicated and the movie would be better. 

Pacific Rim > Godzilla

Hopefully they do better with the next. Worth a Redbox.

Last edited:
The monsters plot and whatever was super simple to begin with.

Dudes nitpicking just to throw their 2 cents jn nowadays. Not talkin to you ^, people in general.

The monsters plot and whatever was super simple to begin with.

Dudes nitpicking just to throw their 2 cents jn nowadays. Not talkin to you ^, people in general.
word word, i feel you. 

I just felt like the movie is two hours long, but most of the two hours was spent fleshing out a plausible story to facilitate "monsters" in a real world setting. I think that if they cut out the unnecesary scenes that didn't develop character, then the movie as is would've been better. Additionally, if they took the center of the plot off of trying to convince the audience that it was in "real world" that would've granted more liberties for scenes with Godzilla fighting, which is what I think most people wanted to see. 

It's worth seeing, just not in the theaters. 

It's worth seeing, just not in the theaters. 
I disagree I think seeing this in theaters is the only way to go (IMAX is recommended) You're not going to feel the same experience in the living room. The experience of the audience clapping and even cheering when we see Godzilla and him doing his thing was great, let alone the screen and sound system in there really gets you feeling the ferocity of his roar. 
Pacific Rim > Godzilla
If people go in looking for pure action cg fight scenes with a bland story see Pacific Rim otherwise you'll be disappointed by Godzilla. The movie overexposed so many cg fight scenes and monster appearances in the trailers that let alone the overexposure in the film led to an anticlimactic ending. The final Kaiju wasn't as awe inspiring by the time we got to him because we already saw so much of the other similar monsters and action scenes.

in6pMrFcaFA2a_.gif

I swear this scene was shown in every trailer for that movie that by the time it was on the big screen we knew it was going to be "that scene".

I don't get why people believe the story was boring or bad. I'm a G-Fan through and through but compared to all other japanese godzilla movies with subpar human stories I think this one gets you way more attached to the human. Were people expecting a Godzilla movie or an intense drama? I feel have forgotten the bland human stories of the Japanese film and are nitpicking this one, yet this one does its job much better. Bryan Cranston stole the show and people may whine that his character was dropped too early but if he continued to be in the film, he would outshine Godzilla (whose actions during the final 20 min of the film negates all nitpicky cons, atleast if you're a Godzilla fan whose been waiting to see this since 1998).

Movie to me was a 10/10 nonstop thriller building up to a great exit and keeping overexposure to a minimum to not spoil the good stuff. 

Also if you saw a specific scene in the film where Ford was eye to eye with Godzilla, it cemented godzilla not only having an action role but an emotional role. You really feel bad for Godzilla, who looks defeated at that point; unlike Pacific Rim where its all pure cgi action for 2 and a half hours a la Michael Bay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom