Money Deposited in my Bank Account that isn't mine, what should I do??

Originally Posted by TRUL1FE

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by TRUL1FE

that's not a bad idea.

Where are you located at
laugh.gif

Toronto.
& ya'll acting like you can't flip money legally anymore 
laugh.gif
NVM
laugh.gif

I've dealt with these type of situations before. One of two things happened. Either the bank deposited the money into the wrong account (which happens often) or whoever wrote that check or direct deposit pit the wrong account number on it. Not sure if banking laws are the same in every state but in Michigan a bank has 1 year from the date of the transaction to correct it. If you take that money out , close your account and they find the mistake they will come after you. If after the 1 year though there is nothing they can do. They don't always catch the mistake but more times then not they do. Proceed with caution.

I've dealt with these type of situations before. One of two things happened. Either the bank deposited the money into the wrong account (which happens often) or whoever wrote that check or direct deposit pit the wrong account number on it. Not sure if banking laws are the same in every state but in Michigan a bank has 1 year from the date of the transaction to correct it. If you take that money out , close your account and they find the mistake they will come after you. If after the 1 year though there is nothing they can do. They don't always catch the mistake but more times then not they do. Proceed with caution.

Take the $4k out, and leave less than $4k in the account for about 3 months.  Don't touch the $4k for 90 days.  Use your bank as you normally would though.  If you see a $4k debit within 3 months deposit it back. If you don't, keep it.  

Take the $4k out, and leave less than $4k in the account for about 3 months.  Don't touch the $4k for 90 days.  Use your bank as you normally would though.  If you see a $4k debit within 3 months deposit it back. If you don't, keep it.  

i wouldn't tell the bank, but i would leave it in there and make sure my account doesnt ever go below $4k in case the bank took it back without notice.

i wouldn't tell the bank, but i would leave it in there and make sure my account doesnt ever go below $4k in case the bank took it back without notice.

Back
Top Bottom