Moments in sneaker history that disgusted you????

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

When out of nowhere, EVERYONE decided they were a "sneakerhead".
indifferent.gif

THIS.....

And the day re-selling became a way of life for mofos.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

When out of nowhere, EVERYONE decided they were a "sneakerhead".
indifferent.gif

THIS.....

And the day re-selling became a way of life for mofos.
30t6p3b.gif

To be honest sites like this (Nike Talk, ISS, etc.) and the whole e-comerce business model have disgusted me.

I remember when you didn't hear about shoes comming out; you just saw them when you went to YOUR LOCAL shoe retailer.  You let your friends at school or whatever know where you copped too because it was about sharing the info so everyone could live.  No copping extra pairs to put on ice, no camping, no re-selling, maybe a second pair to ball in (maybe) but everone got theirs.  I remember when the OG Foam ones came out and sat forever at outlets.  No one was on it like that and it was great.  Fast forward to '99 when Nike made a conscious decision to live off of retros instead of creating new designs, and we are where we are at now in '11.

No complaining here though, it is what it is.

To be honest sites like this (Nike Talk, ISS, etc.) and the whole e-comerce business model have disgusted me.

I remember when you didn't hear about shoes comming out; you just saw them when you went to YOUR LOCAL shoe retailer.  You let your friends at school or whatever know where you copped too because it was about sharing the info so everyone could live.  No copping extra pairs to put on ice, no camping, no re-selling, maybe a second pair to ball in (maybe) but everone got theirs.  I remember when the OG Foam ones came out and sat forever at outlets.  No one was on it like that and it was great.  Fast forward to '99 when Nike made a conscious decision to live off of retros instead of creating new designs, and we are where we are at now in '11.

No complaining here though, it is what it is.

All the different CWs of Foams. They use to break necks here in the DMV. Now everyone has them in every color. Nike could have at least given some time between releases.

All the different CWs of Foams. They use to break necks here in the DMV. Now everyone has them in every color. Nike could have at least given some time between releases.

Multiple retros of the same damn shoe. Very, very few deserve that treatment.
And folks worrying about how shoelaces should be tied and blasting others for not doing it their way...........Shoelaces? Really?

Multiple retros of the same damn shoe. Very, very few deserve that treatment.
And folks worrying about how shoelaces should be tied and blasting others for not doing it their way...........Shoelaces? Really?

^^^^That's a good one.
roll.gif

But how could I forget about this retro...

Damn mustard colored things disgusted me to no end.
30t6p3b.gif

^^^^That's a good one.
roll.gif

But how could I forget about this retro...

Damn mustard colored things disgusted me to no end.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom