***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Ah the pox shirts. Classic design, really let people know it was a Nike shirt. That Swoosh is cracking real bad on that shirt though, it sucks that Nike just doesn't stitch the Swoosh onto anything anymore, its all this heat-pressed graphics that crack and disintegrate with wear and wash.

Unless you are lucky and find one of these or you are a pro this is about the only stitched baseball stuff from nike
The Nike outlet in Katy, TX (Houston suburb) had a whole bunch of Astros shirts with the stitched check about a year ago. 

Cool! Thanks and not bad for some easy home customizing. I used that Angelus paint with a mate finisher. Helps that the cleats were only 20 bucks on Joes outlet. Also added the laces to give it more of look.

Cool! Thanks and not bad for some easy home customizing. I used that Angelus paint with a mate finisher. Helps that the cleats were only 20 bucks on Joes outlet. Also added the laces to give it more of look.
Yes the laces really finish the cleat off nicely.

Thanks MLBF....

Gearing up for the cold weather in NY
Chezz - The Ross stores around me have this shirt in that color and others for $19 and, what looks like a team issue of the pro players top (all one color as opposed to team color sleeves and gray body) for $16 or $19.

I've seen , once, the Hyperwarm thermal top with the perforated look that we discussed during last world series in dark (Old Astros-esque) red.

I got this @ TJ Maxx for $15 (clearance down from $20/$25)

There are some gems out there....

Does anybody have one of those nike sleeves that have the nike sign in the middle and it's navy that they would be willing to sell?

In the most strangest of hybrid's I have ever seen. We have a Hypercool body without the vents in the back only the armpits, with compression sleeves like the old Pro Player top, with a neckline Nike Swoosh stitched like the old Thermalite shirts. Made in Sri Lanka but no Dri Fit MLB tagline in the bottom left side. At first I thought fake all the way but there is just too much detail and stitching that is too perfect for someone just to rip out and assemble together. Any ideas?

View media item 651611

Next we have last years Hyperwarm W/S shirt without the Swoosh neckline and without the W/S patch in the middle chest., also note there is not Dri Fit MLB Authentic tag on the bottom left side. I think I remember Miguel Cabrera wearing one of these but in Tiger Blue. Now this is not the first time I have seen the Swoosh on the left breast area. I have seen this years Hypercool's with the same Swoosh location and also saw the same thing for the All Star Game undershirts that they wore in NYC for the all star game. Verlander was wearing a Hypercool during the HR Derby only his Swoosh was on the side and even in the W/S that just passed several guys wearing the W/S undershirts with the Swoosh on the side. My theory is Nike wanted to issue these shirts also to non Nike guys. That way they wear them without showing the logo over their jersey. I guess they didn't like that players were cutting off the Swoosh at the neck so I guess they decided to place the Swoosh on the side for them. That's my opinion and it can be totally wrong.

View media item 651667

Last edited:
The first one I have seen at Rosses and Marshalls before, they were $20, definitely authentic. Cannot find a smaller size though for the life of me. The second one I have seen as well, its that fuzzy warm Dri-FIT/Therma-FIT material. I have a mock almost like that, save for the material in the middle of the shirt is that way throughout the one I have. Its deemed a wicking Therma-FIT baselayer and was $80 at the time of the release. I have seen one of those at Marshalls too, however never before have seen the Swoosh on the side like that. I will go with your hypothesis of Nike putting it there for the non-Nike guys.

Back
Top Bottom