**MLB Feet - 2011 - Cleats/Gloves/Gear/Etc**

Originally Posted by cglass

i'm thinkin somethin along these lines for summer ball.  i'd like some feedbac
6593666a6ce452ff1701c6d47f447e098d410f2e_r.jpg
k, tips, changes you'd make, etc. thanks

If I were you, I'd just do those cleats and then get one of the 3 purple pairs (4 if you include the grey one with the purple writing on the wrist strap) of Nike Elite Pro batting gloves separately since the batting gloves that come in ID aren't very IDable (other than number).

damn sucks my season starts soon what are your thoughts between sambat and marucci? my league doesnt allow composite or bamboo bats

damn sucks my season starts soon what are your thoughts between sambat and marucci? my league doesnt allow composite or bamboo bats

They're great if you play pro ball or if you can get pro issued bats but storeline bats from both brands are overpriced and overrated,
Some good storeline bats are; Old Hickory, LVS M9, Carolina Clubs and Trinity Bats.

They're great if you play pro ball or if you can get pro issued bats but storeline bats from both brands are overpriced and overrated,
Some good storeline bats are; Old Hickory, LVS M9, Carolina Clubs and Trinity Bats.

i agree with 59fifty, i have an older issued sam bat ('05 which is legit) and one from '09, the difference is night and day, the newer one is nothing special at all. Trinity Bats are amazing, however I recommend their maple over ash because their ash flakes pretty easily

i agree with 59fifty, i have an older issued sam bat ('05 which is legit) and one from '09, the difference is night and day, the newer one is nothing special at all. Trinity Bats are amazing, however I recommend their maple over ash because their ash flakes pretty easily

ordered the "pro stock" el3, and did not buy any oil....
how about some lexol leather conditioner for whenever i see some spots...

thanks for the info i have a player issued sambat i used for about a yr that didnt break on me got it in a small sporting goods shop for 90 bucks i think im gonna go with a M9 for now to see how it goes

thanks for the info i have a player issued sambat i used for about a yr that didnt break on me got it in a small sporting goods shop for 90 bucks i think im gonna go with a M9 for now to see how it goes

Originally Posted by BAyHuStLE

Oil, conditioner, etc. is 100% personal preference. I use newtsfoot oil from Franklin on my glove as soon as I get a new glove. I put a penny to a quarter sized drop on a rag and rub it into the glove, mostly in the palm, crease, lacing, and webbing. I find that it really helps soften the leather and preserve it. Some people swear by shaving cream with lanolin. Its all personal preference. The only way oil is bad is if you use the wrong oil or if you use too much oil and it weighs down your glove.

Originally Posted by BAyHuStLE

Oil, conditioner, etc. is 100% personal preference. I use newtsfoot oil from Franklin on my glove as soon as I get a new glove. I put a penny to a quarter sized drop on a rag and rub it into the glove, mostly in the palm, crease, lacing, and webbing. I find that it really helps soften the leather and preserve it. Some people swear by shaving cream with lanolin. Its all personal preference. The only way oil is bad is if you use the wrong oil or if you use too much oil and it weighs down your glove.

Everyone's been hating on sambats so far (never used one) so I wouldn't go with those, but over the summer I got a marucci (the beltran model) and it lasted about 7 months before breaking. That is about 50 games and a lot of BP. That thing took pitches of the VERY end on the wrong side of the grain (stupid teammates who don't know how to use wood...) and right on the hands and still lasted this long. The pop was FAR better than the m9's I've used before also. I swear by marucci if you're willing to spend top dollar

Everyone's been hating on sambats so far (never used one) so I wouldn't go with those, but over the summer I got a marucci (the beltran model) and it lasted about 7 months before breaking. That is about 50 games and a lot of BP. That thing took pitches of the VERY end on the wrong side of the grain (stupid teammates who don't know how to use wood...) and right on the hands and still lasted this long. The pop was FAR better than the m9's I've used before also. I swear by marucci if you're willing to spend top dollar

Originally Posted by sfandy

i was thinking of ordering a custom marucci i think the wood might be better then a retail one maybe the beltran model or ap5

Originally Posted by sfandy

i was thinking of ordering a custom marucci i think the wood might be better then a retail one maybe the beltran model or ap5

Back
Top Bottom