Grey toe for Jacoby 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

Originally Posted by mindless2778

Papelbon in Under Armour. No more Hexride for him
He was with Under Armour last year to 

Grey toe for Jacoby 
roll.gif
Oh, I guess I didn't notice. At least they're nice cleats.
Ugh... Ellsbury.... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

Originally Posted by mindless2778

Papelbon in Under Armour. No more Hexride for him
He was with Under Armour last year to 

Grey toe for Jacoby 
roll.gif
Oh, I guess I didn't notice. At least they're nice cleats.
Ugh... Ellsbury.... 
tired.gif

^^Well when you're that late on a pitch you don't deserve much more... (not to mention playing for the red sox....)

^^Well when you're that late on a pitch you don't deserve much more... (not to mention playing for the red sox....)

junior wearing the nike swingman series glove
pimp.gif

yeah this is an mlb thread..but i thought this is an acception
laugh.gif

junior wearing the nike swingman series glove
pimp.gif

yeah this is an mlb thread..but i thought this is an acception
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]^ The Swingman 2's, when blocked properly, can look very nice I think.  [/font]

[/font]
Adam Jones really does have the best Swingmans IMO... 
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These pics are from last season, but they appear to be the same ones he's wearing right now...[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swingman 2's[/font]

5007777769_8d28c519fd_b.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swingman 1's just for kicks...[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
5268800560_5c2da9c00e_b.jpg

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]^ The Swingman 2's, when blocked properly, can look very nice I think.  [/font]

[/font]
Adam Jones really does have the best Swingmans IMO... 
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These pics are from last season, but they appear to be the same ones he's wearing right now...[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swingman 2's[/font]

5007777769_8d28c519fd_b.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swingman 1's just for kicks...[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
5268800560_5c2da9c00e_b.jpg

[/font]

I was curious about peoples thoughts on metal vs. mcs cleats. What are the advantages and disadvantages? I noticed not all major leaguers wear metal, some wear just mcs, or some also wear both. Cano wore mcs alot of spring training, also cabrera in one of the pics is wearing mcs, just to name a few.

I was curious about peoples thoughts on metal vs. mcs cleats. What are the advantages and disadvantages? I noticed not all major leaguers wear metal, some wear just mcs, or some also wear both. Cano wore mcs alot of spring training, also cabrera in one of the pics is wearing mcs, just to name a few.

I did a little write up last season about the difference but I'll try to give you the bullet points here quick

Metal-slightly better traction (especially if you don't play on nice fields) If you pitch metal is probably required just for digging into the dirt etc...

MCS- more comfortable, feels a lot like wearing running shoes when you play (I always got a stiff back late in games and switched over to MCS few years ago and really helped) Little less traction some people have noted (I've never noticed)

Really not much of a difference overall, the MCS isn't like the rubber cleats most people associated with non-metal. It's really hard plastic (you'll still cut somebody up good if you cleat them on accident with them) Basically a comfort thing from what I've noticed and the difference is pretty noticeable in my opinion.

I'm sure others will have more to add.

I did a little write up last season about the difference but I'll try to give you the bullet points here quick

Metal-slightly better traction (especially if you don't play on nice fields) If you pitch metal is probably required just for digging into the dirt etc...

MCS- more comfortable, feels a lot like wearing running shoes when you play (I always got a stiff back late in games and switched over to MCS few years ago and really helped) Little less traction some people have noted (I've never noticed)

Really not much of a difference overall, the MCS isn't like the rubber cleats most people associated with non-metal. It's really hard plastic (you'll still cut somebody up good if you cleat them on accident with them) Basically a comfort thing from what I've noticed and the difference is pretty noticeable in my opinion.

I'm sure others will have more to add.

Back
Top Bottom