**MLB Feet - 2011 - Cleats/Gloves/Gear/Etc**

Originally Posted by sfandy

Originally Posted by bronxbomber25

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

How did you get em if you don't mind me asking? I bid on the pair that was on eBay awhile back but lost by like $150
Trivia contest on CC's twitter page. Couldn't believe it when I won them. They are easily my most prized possession now, lol. 

That's crazy! What was the question?

There were several. The questions I can remember are his fav. Nfl team (Raiders), # of strike outs in his cy young season (209), hometown (Vallejo, CA)

Does anyone know anything about the new catchers gear? Will it be released to the public and if so when? thanks.

Originally Posted by bronxbomber25

Mine..... Game used and signed. 
9fb36737621babc0875cb2eb2b6610b0df13058e_r.jpg
Siiiiiick bro. Nice cop.

Originally Posted by eagles137

Yeah I'm 99% sure they are fake b/c they got them in bulk and carry the usual fake sizes. I actually sent in something Monday I've had in the works for a couple months that I'll post on here next week when I get em. Took me awhile to talk myself into making $250 cleats but oh well, live once right? 
I had a hard time gripping the price for mine too, I love them though a don't regret dropping the money for the comfort and weight. Not to long after I got them though I found out a tore my labrum and needed surgery which ended this past fall season for me. Holding on to the hope that they will still fit in the spring. 
I sure hope you didn't start a custom cleats curse that I'm going to carry on haha. They have free shipping until the end of the year so it's only $70 a pair plus he's answered any questions I've had for him within a few hours (on facebook) so hopefully they turn out well. I tried out the new all white MCS-like plates they just got in stock. 
I am a Jordan collector and these are definitely fake. The biggest thing I see is the "JUMPMAN JORDAN" tag on the tongue is not in the 3rd lace slot. These retail for $175. Since I am not the hardcore, wait in line and camp out kind of guy, I usually save up and spend a little extra coin to skip the lines. It's really a catch 22 though. I don't think I could justify paying retail for them and go play in them. But $125 is somewhat reasonable and really, besides us, who is gonna know they're fake? I'd rather mess up a fake pair than a real pair anyway.

Yeah a pair of white/black XI's is not going to last long playing baseball with the all white mesh uppers, which is why I decided against buying a pair in Dec and getting them made b/c I'm guessing they would be trashed in about 10-15 games. Need something that is mostly leather than can just be wiped clean after games.

Originally Posted by eli2unc

I had a hard time gripping the price for mine too, I love them though a don't regret dropping the money for the comfort and weight. Not to long after I got them though I found out a tore my labrum and needed surgery which ended this past fall season for me. Holding on to the hope that they will still fit in the spring. 
I sure hope you didn't start a custom cleats curse that I'm going to carry on haha. They have free shipping until the end of the year so it's only $70 a pair plus he's answered any questions I've had for him within a few hours (on facebook) so hopefully they turn out well. I tried out the new all white MCS-like plates they just got in stock. 
I am a Jordan collector and these are definitely fake. The biggest thing I see is the "JUMPMAN JORDAN" tag on the tongue is not in the 3rd lace slot. These retail for $175. Since I am not the hardcore, wait in line and camp out kind of guy, I usually save up and spend a little extra coin to skip the lines. It's really a catch 22 though. I don't think I could justify paying retail for them and go play in them. But $125 is somewhat reasonable and really, besides us, who is gonna know they're fake? I'd rather mess up a fake pair than a real pair anyway.
Yeah I totally agree, hopefully they come out with cool grays. But are the shoes themselves in terms of comfort and durability going to be different then a legit pair or is it just the cosmetic look of the shoe? I just wouldn't want to pay and have them be fake and also uncomfortable/flimsy. I know it would't be the same material but is it still going to be reasonable? 

Yeah I totally agree, hopefully they come out with cool grays. But are the shoes themselves in terms of comfort and durability going to be different then a legit pair or is it just the cosmetic look of the shoe? I just wouldn't want to pay and have them be fake and also uncomfortable/flimsy. I know it would't be the same material but is it still going to be reasonable? 

I had a friend of mine buy a fake pair of Concords off of ebay a few years ago. Of course he didn't ask me before he bought them so he didn't know they were fake until I took a look at them. They provide nowhere near the same support, especially around the ankles. The material is cheaper, they are cut almost an inch lower, and the soles yellow in no time. I wouldn't buy them but that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the board will echo that same sentiment.

I had a friend of mine buy a fake pair of Concords off of ebay a few years ago. Of course he didn't ask me before he bought them so he didn't know they were fake until I took a look at them. They provide nowhere near the same support, especially around the ankles. The material is cheaper, they are cut almost an inch lower, and the soles yellow in no time. I wouldn't buy them but that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the board will echo that same sentiment.

Yeah and the Cool Grey's would be much easier to keep clean. In the end, I don't know if I could stand the thought of scuffing up the patent leather. One slide and they are doneski.

Yeah and the Cool Grey's would be much easier to keep clean. In the end, I don't know if I could stand the thought of scuffing up the patent leather. One slide and they are doneski.

Got my first pair of converted shoes in today from Custom Cleats. Used the new plastic cleats they provide and they appear to be really nice. They are very similar to Nike MCS cleats (just a little shorter in length on the front few spikes). Overall I'm pretty happy I sent them out last week Monday and received them back today (9 days total) The owner answered every question I had beforehand within a few hours (on facebook) and emailed me tracking information when they shipped out also. Only minor downside I saw to them is the shoe itself creased a little in some areas when the conversation was done. I'm guessing the cleat plate presses everything together a little tighter so that probably happens with some (I can notice it with Kobe's also on his photo gallary) Had been searching for a pair of these reasonable priced for about 2 months so I'm pretty excited to have em.

Got my first pair of converted shoes in today from Custom Cleats. Used the new plastic cleats they provide and they appear to be really nice. They are very similar to Nike MCS cleats (just a little shorter in length on the front few spikes). Overall I'm pretty happy I sent them out last week Monday and received them back today (9 days total) The owner answered every question I had beforehand within a few hours (on facebook) and emailed me tracking information when they shipped out also. Only minor downside I saw to them is the shoe itself creased a little in some areas when the conversation was done. I'm guessing the cleat plate presses everything together a little tighter so that probably happens with some (I can notice it with Kobe's also on his photo gallary) Had been searching for a pair of these reasonable priced for about 2 months so I'm pretty excited to have em.

Sick bro. Definitely one of my favorite pairs of Griff's.

Back
Top Bottom