Mindhunter Vol. Another great netflix joint

What was the significance of the crosses during that little march? Why was he rushing to get it to the church? Was it just so he didn't break the public's trust after promising?

He came to the mother's that organized the march with an idea that if they setup vigils with crosses at each location where a body was found it would lure the killer out.

The mother's agreed to do it and Holden promised to have the crosses at each location but when they finally arrived they still needed to be assembled.

That's why he was trying to beat them to each location but was too late.

I was impressed by how wide the scope of this season was. From the general profiling of serial killers, to the access of justice with the ATL murders and the BDSM murders they (briefly in the latter case) in marginalized communities. The politics that are intertwined in many of the narratives that develop from the cases as well. Even the hubris that seems innate in many of the killers and how they're almost competing with each other. It was all tied together really well imo.

Last edited:
Love this ****in show. You can tell they talked to mental health pros. The writing is great. Season was great but damn 9 episodes. It felt unfinished. And god knows when the loose strings will be tied.

I really liked the atl murders angle. Its crazy how the character of holden is not fleshed out more. Yet it still works. The other subplots are deserving so it great to follow.

Oh yeah, it's kinda disguised well given everything else thats going on but Holden got that panic attack plot point and then no character development the rest of the season. Fam went from having a gf, being wild arrogant and flourishing to crossing lines at his job to nothing new or deeper.

At best, you can say he had a connection with the ATL mothers and wanted to prove that he did care and would solve the case but got steamrolled by authority.

He came to the mother's that organized the march with an idea that if they setup vigils with crosses at each location where a body was found it would lure the killer out.

The mother's agreed to do it and Holden promised to have the crosses at each location but when they finally arrived they still needed to be assembled.

That's why he was trying to beat them to each location but was too late.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I just thought it was weird how OD he went running through folks' backyards and jumping fences and sh*t. :lol:

I assumed there was more to it that I was missing.

Oh yeah, it's kinda disguised well given everything else thats going on but Holden got that panic attack plot point and then no character development the rest of the season. Fam went from having a gf, being wild arrogant and flourishing to crossing lines at his job to nothing new or deeper.

At best, you can say he had a connection with the ATL mothers and wanted to prove that he did care and would solve the case but got steamrolled by authority.
When the mother with the glasses said the local gov and the fbi were taking a victory lap and then Tench repeated that, you could see the ether settling in on Holden's face. It's all made worse when Tench came home to nothing.

When the mother with the glasses said the local gov and the fbi were taking a victory lap and then Tench repeated that, you could see the ether settling in on Holden's face. It's all made worse when Tench came home to nothing.
Yeah.

But honestly going back to s1 you'd think Holden would understand by now and not get his hopes up. That's the part of the job that's soul crushing.

Last edited:
Thanks. That's what I thought. I just thought it was weird how OD he went running through folks' backyards and jumping fences and sh*t. :lol:

I assumed there was more to it that I was missing.

I thought this was a weird scene as well. Out of nowhere the camera changes to shakey-cam Jason Bourne style editing. Son jukin and jivin through back alleys and **** :lol:

Had no idea what was going on. Felt like they were trying to make something not that important seem more important than it was.

I didn't care for the storyline with Tench's son but didn't have a problem with how it ended.

I liked season 1 more though, solid season though

ECtPn1JWsAAHJU_.jpg

Finished S1 here. This show has me hooked. After reading a couple of Sherlock Holmes books I was looking for a show involving a lil investigation and research and this show is what I was looking for.

But just to confirm, these interviews w these serial killers really did occur, right?

Yes, this is basically all true except for the characters personal storylines.

BTK doesn't get caught till 05 so next season might have years fly by, if not then a 4th season.

Wayne Williams still claims, 40 years later, in 2019 that he innocent of those child muders. Wayne was caught in 81.

Dr. Carr and her girl were looking fine as hell. Shorty is 5'10. I didn't care for that storyline at all just like I didn't care Holder's in the first season.

Get her back in the field.

Y'all remember that Agent Gregg Smith was a plant by the last deputy director who gave him the job instead of Agent Jim Barney. Hope that snitch is gone next season.

Barney was a nice addition in ATL.

I preferred the serial killer interviews in the first season.

I thought Barney was gonna get asked to join the team at the end of the season since he seemed to be a pretty good at what he was doing. Seemed like a good fit.

I thought Barney was gonna get asked to join the team at the end of the season since he seemed to be a pretty good at what he was doing. Seemed like a good fit.
Probably will just be on the team next season.

New boss did say they were expanding their dept. Both agents are impressed by him.

Recently got into a series on Youtube called Programmed to Kill, based on a book by Dave McGowan. It dives a little deeper into all the serial killers in this show plus many more. The premise is that there is much more to these serial killers than what is portrayed in the media, basically that it seems several people commit these murders and one person takes the fall. It shows clips of many of the real life interviews portrayed in this show.

The full length interviews this show is about are also on youtube if you dont want to dive into the full series as its a little tin-foil-hat'ish, but it does make many thought provoking points.

Back
Top Bottom