Mindhunter Vol. Another great netflix joint

Wow, I also thought those dudes were middle aged. Balding didn't help but they certainly weren't taking care of themselves.

:rofl: @ Greg trying to pick up those black boys

:lol: @ Holden and shorty at the hotel. I initially thought she needed help but then inwas like oh Holden about to smash but she swerved him with these ATL child murders and the mothers.

Cool that they brought Barney back. Should've been hired from the jump.

Oh man, hate to say it but Bill needs to get rid of Brian. I forgot he was adopted. Kid is trash and clearly making a murderer status. Wondered why this element was thrown in to the story. If Bill don't give him Dexter-like code its a reynolds.

Last edited:
Just finished. I'm so damn disappointed.

Wish my man Kemper had more screentime, he's easily the second most interesting character on the show after Holden.

What the hell was the point of Dr. Carr's lesbian c story? Lip service for the gay community?

Tench's family drama was semi interesting wish they delved more into it.

So Holden had a panic attack and then never again? They made a big deal about it in the beginning of the season.

Smith does absolutely nothing for the show.

And what the hell happened with the pedo ring in Atlanta that they brought up in the last 11 minutes of the finale? If there's a season 3 I doubt they'll go back to Atlanta after seeing the message at the end that no was ever prosecuted for the 27 dead boys.

Last edited:
What the hell was the point of Dr. Carr's lesbian c story? Lip service for the gay community?
Yup. Could've spent more time with her interviewing more serial killers. They basically were showing as a lesbian she still had to hide her life to work professionally.

So Holden had a panic attack and then never again? They made a big deal about it in the beginning of the season.
I hated the idea of making the panic attack a thing.

The way it didnt show up constantly was fine cuz its basically an ego check since Holden got insanely arrogant and cocky towards the end of s1. Potential anxiety attacks put him in check.

And nah, when his old boss revealed to him he was being forced to retire because of him he got another anxiety attack but not as severe. He almost got another one when Bill unloaded on him about his personal life and why he wasnt around as much.

Smith does absolutely nothing for the show.
He is a waste of space and does not have IT. I loved the new boss excluding Smith every time he showed up.

He'd be better off with no lines and just doing their paper work.

They needed to hire Barney. Fam got his own style and approach and has shown to be as effective as Holden and Bill.

And what the hell happened with the pedo ring in Atlanta that they brought up in the last 11 minutes of the finale? If there's a season 3 I doubt they'll go back to Atlanta after seeing the message at the end that no was ever prosecuted for the 27 dead boys.
Thats real life.

I questioned the show even fully focusing on the ATL child murders cuz I'm not sure the FBI played as an effective role as Holden, Barney, and Bill did.

They're not catching that pedo ring. They revealed enough in the end to let you know somebody in the ATL police force or mayor's office was covering for those guys so they weren't discovered.

Fincher is sort of sticking with real world history so it aint like he's gonna change course of events. The main fiction is with the main characters. Everything else I think he's gonna stick to what happened with how this unit naturally progressed.

Last edited:
Damn y’all binged the whole season already?! Joint hasn’t even been advertised on my Netflix watch list yet :lol:

Damn y’all binged the whole season already?! Joint hasn’t even been advertised on my Netflix watch list yet :lol:
I noticed that too :lol:

They shorted us with 9 eps so I already knew I was finishing this in a day.

Last edited:
I know they keep teasing the BTK killer but that guy wasn’t caught until the 2000s so doubt it’ll be in the show that much.

A solid season, the first half was excellent peaking around 2x5 for me, the mix of serial killer interviews and putting Wendy in the field was great, once the plot fully moved to ATL is where the season, while still good, plateaued.

Tench better off without his wife and Brian, she was never going to accept that there is something off about the kid.

Episode 4 :wow: :wow:

Yeah Trench need to go ahead and bounce on his wife and their The Omen child. That kid fits the serial killer profile. Doesn’t show affection. Wets the bed. Curious about torture or killing. Wife is just hysterical and annoying. I mean look at this kid. He fits the profile.
86352082-DA62-423A-A298-D6280710F939.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl: Greg trying to pick up those kids

“Pull your **** out! A real cop wouldn’t pull his **** out!” :rofl: :rofl:

Also, I forgot what happened with Holden and his GF Last season. He was into Weird fetish stuff or she was? I can’t remember

Tench better off without his wife and Brian, she was never going to accept that there is something off about the kid.
It struck me in that moment, that by leaving Bill the mother guaranteed the son is going to grow up in an environment like so many other serial killers they have been interviewing.

Broken home, single parent household, adopted, kid seeing some of Bill's serial killer files, the antisocial behavior and the baby on the cross. I think by the final season they're gonna reveal the kid to be a known serial killer.

Season 2 was really good.

Remember watching this Atlanta Child Murders Doc years ago.

HBO is coming out with a docu-series this year about it.

Finally finished. Really enjoyed S2... perhaps, I even enjoyed it more than S1 cuz I knew what I was getting into. I knew what to expect.
The casting of the criminals were, again, spot on. I only knew a lot of them by name/reputation, but after seeing actual footage vs actors... the similarities! :wow:
As for the side-plots. Tench's kid has to be the most gripping and sad. I guess that's really how some serial killers start. Not all are from bad upbringing.
As for Ford's anxiety attacks... I was expecting more episodes to reoccur, but I guess they needed the excuse of having Tench around most of the time... which eventually leads him to have to stay on... and his wife leaving?
And as much as I enjoyed S2, I was left disappointed that they weren't able to come to some closure on the Atlanta murders... but I guess that's the reality of it... can't imagine what all those parents went thru... and still not having gotten any closure.

I’d say my one main gripe with S2 is sidelining Wendy the last 4 episodes. Her going out into the field and then using her prior relationship as an ice breaker to get that one killer to talk was great.

Why they keep referring to the Manson followers as "kids?" :lol:
They're all in their 20's.
The actor they got for Manson was pretty spot on.

Tench's kid is reaching Damien Omen status.

What was the significance of the crosses during that little march? Why was he rushing to get it to the church? Was it just so he didn't break the public's trust after promising?

"Grab some corn bread on the way out. It's one dollar" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom