Mike Posner's debut album - "31 Minutes to Takeoff" - August 10th. Week one: 30,000.

7.5 out of 10. Solid debut, but it's not great or anything.

Please Don't Go and Delta 1406 are my favorites. Bow Chicka Wow Wow, Cheated, Gone in September and Falling are dope, too.

The only song I really don't like at all is Do U Wanna?

He did his thing, and girls are going to eat this up, but I hope he was just trying to prove he could do it on his own for his debut and doesn't say no to features on his next joint.

He's performing on Fallon tonight, by the way.

7.5 out of 10. Solid debut, but it's not great or anything.

Please Don't Go and Delta 1406 are my favorites. Bow Chicka Wow Wow, Cheated, Gone in September and Falling are dope, too.

The only song I really don't like at all is Do U Wanna?

He did his thing, and girls are going to eat this up, but I hope he was just trying to prove he could do it on his own for his debut and doesn't say no to features on his next joint.

He's performing on Fallon tonight, by the way.

its weak as $*!@. homeboy sold out, pop music for the hypebeasts and %@%+%@%. listening to his old mixtapes is like night and day when you listen to this album. very upset. LOL @ people who are "big fans" of posner bcuz cooler than me. plz ho, i been on that song since 2008

its weak as $*!@. homeboy sold out, pop music for the hypebeasts and %@%+%@%. listening to his old mixtapes is like night and day when you listen to this album. very upset. LOL @ people who are "big fans" of posner bcuz cooler than me. plz ho, i been on that song since 2008

Originally Posted by bns1201

Cool beans.

Cool beans.

LOL @ thinking he wasn't pop before then. Just because he had Big Sean on the tracks didn't make it hip hop. You're really trying to tell me that Cooler then Me, Hey Cupid, Evil Woman, Still Not Over You, etc. wasn't pop? Plz ho.

LOL @ thinking he wasn't pop before then. Just because he had Big Sean on the tracks didn't make it hip hop. You're really trying to tell me that Cooler then Me, Hey Cupid, Evil Woman, Still Not Over You, etc. wasn't pop? Plz ho.

Log off and please don't ever sign in again.

Log off and please don't ever sign in again.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

never said he wasnt pop b4, but like I said the music on his mixtapes is like night and day compared to the cd. OG cooler than me wasnt as mainstream as the new one is, hence why it wasnt as big as it is now. hey cupid is decent, evil woman and still not over you are samples....somethin that worked for him (halo, traveling man, kiss me thru the phone, Dont trust me, bring me down). he can make bangin music by himself, red button is sick, drug dealer girl is probably the rawest song I've heard by him. I just think its way too mainstream and caters to the mtv crowd. and he 100% is selling out. dude came to a local club the other day by my university, was touting it as a headlining "concert" even on his FB, but instead he shows up at 1am, performs CTM (which he lipsynced) and then bounced...but a year ago dude came to the same club, and put on one of the best 90ish minute concerts that club has ever seen. Part of me wishes he never really got big and kept makin bangin mixtapes like he did before. whattaya gonna do....

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

never said he wasnt pop b4, but like I said the music on his mixtapes is like night and day compared to the cd. OG cooler than me wasnt as mainstream as the new one is, hence why it wasnt as big as it is now. hey cupid is decent, evil woman and still not over you are samples....somethin that worked for him (halo, traveling man, kiss me thru the phone, Dont trust me, bring me down). he can make bangin music by himself, red button is sick, drug dealer girl is probably the rawest song I've heard by him. I just think its way too mainstream and caters to the mtv crowd. and he 100% is selling out. dude came to a local club the other day by my university, was touting it as a headlining "concert" even on his FB, but instead he shows up at 1am, performs CTM (which he lipsynced) and then bounced...but a year ago dude came to the same club, and put on one of the best 90ish minute concerts that club has ever seen. Part of me wishes he never really got big and kept makin bangin mixtapes like he did before. whattaya gonna do....

"Delta 1406" and "Falling" are the tracks I like. Clearly going for the mainstream appeal with this album, but it's all good.

"Delta 1406" and "Falling" are the tracks I like. Clearly going for the mainstream appeal with this album, but it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom