Mike Posner's debut album - "31 Minutes to Takeoff" - August 10th. Week one: 30,000.

Here is another track off his album, I'm hoping it leaks soon, even though I'm copping it regardless.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

laugh.gif

I had very low expectations for a song titled as such, but it's not awful.

Fun little fact for ya'll: Posner actually rapped before he sang but gave that +!!% up when _'s was clownin' him at Duke. That's when he decided to pick up singing and focus on producing more.

Fun little fact for ya'll: Posner actually rapped before he sang but gave that +!!% up when _'s was clownin' him at Duke. That's when he decided to pick up singing and focus on producing more.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Any leaks of songs from him rapping?

Originally Posted by JD161616

Go on datpiff, he actually had a mixtape from way back when, and its all rapping.

Go on datpiff, he actually had a mixtape from way back when, and its all rapping.

I'm glad he stayed away from trying to incorporate rap somehow in his music. His music is basically pop, and he sounds much better alone than with a rapper ruining his tracks. You dudes just can't rock with it because a lot of you guys don't listen to music outside of hop-hip, and are afraid to like music like this because it might sound "girly". Accept his music for what it is, and stop trying to have everything mixed with rap.

Oh and by the way I don't dislike rap, it's my favorite genre.

I'm glad he stayed away from trying to incorporate rap somehow in his music. His music is basically pop, and he sounds much better alone than with a rapper ruining his tracks. You dudes just can't rock with it because a lot of you guys don't listen to music outside of hop-hip, and are afraid to like music like this because it might sound "girly". Accept his music for what it is, and stop trying to have everything mixed with rap.

Oh and by the way I don't dislike rap, it's my favorite genre.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

he could have made an insane album if he did a collab with Big Sean, both of them would have benefitted from something like that.

THIS! Big Sean + Mike Posner = Flames.

yep

so did the label not want to put big sean on album or was it mikes idea?

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

he could have made an insane album if he did a collab with Big Sean, both of them would have benefitted from something like that.

THIS! Big Sean + Mike Posner = Flames.

yep

so did the label not want to put big sean on album or was it mikes idea?

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Nah, it's not on DatPiff... it's called Reflections of a Lost Teen and you can only download it at obscure spots like this
It's pretty weird to hear him rap. His subject matter is a lot different, too... it's all about him hating high school and being depressed. It sounds like it would be whiney, but he conveys his feelings really well and it's a nice tape. Plus he did all the beats, and most of them are pretty impressive considering he was like 17 when he put this together. I dig it.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Nah, it's not on DatPiff... it's called Reflections of a Lost Teen and you can only download it at obscure spots like this
It's pretty weird to hear him rap. His subject matter is a lot different, too... it's all about him hating high school and being depressed. It sounds like it would be whiney, but he conveys his feelings really well and it's a nice tape. Plus he did all the beats, and most of them are pretty impressive considering he was like 17 when he put this together. I dig it.

Back
Top Bottom