Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

What race should a race that doesn't exist be played as then that looks white.....

if youre implying that Goku should have been anything other than Asian idk what to tell you...

Oh please, ever notice in anime how a lot of the characters have a white, European look? So many Eurasian looking mofos. Blonde & brunette hair, chiseled jaws, more round shaped eyes.

What race should a race that doesn't exist be played as then that looks white.....

if youre implying that Goku should have been anything other than Asian idk what to tell you...

Oh please, ever notice in anime how a lot of the characters have a white, European look? So many Eurasian looking mofos. Blonde & brunette hair, chiseled jaws, more round shaped eyes.
That's just how anime/ manga are drawn. They don't draw Asian characters to look actually Asian. Usually you have to either go by the characters background or the setting.

Goku is an alien, but that doesn't mean he can't be white asian etc. the skin tone and big eyes doesn't really make a difference

Last edited:
Bulma had blue eyes and fair skin in the anime

How come no one has said anything about Jamie Chung playing Bulma :nerd:

Since we want to pigeon hole every character into a certain race and everything

But Jamie Chung played Chi-Chi, his wife..... Try again. :smh:

Last edited:

As I said, appearance means very little in anime. An explicitly Japanese character may have blonde hair and blue eyes. But the character is still Japanese. The appearance doesn't change anything.

And let's not bring DB evolution up. It was a piece of garbage all around

What makes anime inherently Japanese? Cuz Japanese people drew those shows?

How do you guys feel about Avatar The Last Airbender and Korra then :nerd:

Last edited:
'Forgetting Zach's history?'

In what way did Zach's ethnicity impact the show?

All this skin color thing is being taken way too seriously.

Just choose whoever is the best choice for each role, regardless of ethnicity. The red ranger can be black, for all I care.

We see in color too much.

the Zach character was one of the coolest on the show. lets be real, his character wouldnt have been as popular had he been Asian.

stop acting like Hollywood ******* with classic franchises is cool and acceptable.

again why use MMPR, Rita, Zedd, Zordon, the original Ranger names but change their ethnicity?

its not about color its about history.

What makes anime inherently Japanese? Cuz Japanese people drew those shows?

How do you guys feel about Avatar The Last Airbender and Korra then :nerd:
Avatar is an American created show based on Chinese themes and probably animated in Korea
I love avatar but it's not anime.

And most anime manga that we discuss are created in Japan and have very Japanese themes.

Last edited:
'Forgetting Zach's history?'

In what way did Zach's ethnicity impact the show?

All this skin color thing is being taken way too seriously.

Just choose whoever is the best choice for each role, regardless of ethnicity. The red ranger can be black, for all I care.

We see in color too much.

the Zach character was one of the coolest on the show. lets be real, his character wouldnt have been as popular had he been Asian.
Sorry, you definitely sound racist now :lol:

*edit

Misread it, thought you said 'wouldn't be as cool if he was Asian'

Last edited:
They should really just mess with people and let a black actor be Tommy in the sequel.

View media item 1759524

17 years old, slight & awkward. Billy is challenged in his abilities to communicate and interact socially. Whip-smart and sweet, but always odd. Sometimes in a fun way, sometimes not, Billy is a kid with no filter. Showing his emotions, understanding sarcasm, and dealing with his OCD is a constant challenge. Has never really had any friends and instantly gravitates towards Jason.

Oh my lord. So that picture is real.

I can definitely see this dude as the nerd lol.

Dude has that Steve Urkel vibe in that pic. Even looks like Jaleel too.

Last edited:
So the Black guy can't get the fancy lightning bolt background?
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Haha, I couldn't find that photo with the lightning bolt!

not sure if you guys went over this but...

is there gonna be a green/white ranger?

theyre probably doing the michaelscottclosedoor.gif to jason david frank as we speak

"haha ok man youre 40 bubye"

Back
Top Bottom