Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

That's a must. He also needs to be proficient in hiphopkido and have a cousin named curtis.
roll.gif

I bet they make trini black. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The real problem is that you guys have expectations. It's our generations turn to have things that we loved remade and ruined. If you walk into this theater expecting great things then that's your own fault.

Mad racists dudes in here. They complain when they switch it up but they complain when white hollywood writers portray them in stereotypical ways. Smh :stoneface: lol

I guess hollywood should just stick to what we are use to in all shows and movies.

Im hispanic btw.

ive known good asian athletes, poor asians, rich blacks, and blacks in academia.

Hmm how about a native american as the blue ranger.

Lets keep an open mind.

Last edited:
SMH. If his name is Zack. Being black was part of his character. If his name isn't Zack. I don't care what colour he is. And sure, add a Native Ranger. Add a Latin one. Add a Middle Eastern one. There's already so many white superheroes and so little of different ethnicity.

You want racist? See what people said when Johnny Storm was black in the F4 reboot.

With as many seasons as we've had of power rangers there has been lots of diversity in ranger ranks. If I recall Operation Overdrive had a black guy as the black ranger as late as 2007.

When the black ranger has been a man of different colors for many seasons, it really doesn't matter much what color Zach is.

What really matters is if kid can pull off the personality.

It's really not like with other characters, where Superman has always been white, or how until ten years ago, Spiderman was always white, etc.

Yes Zach has always been black, but that was for what, 2 seasons 20 years ago, until he was replaced by Adam. Really not that big a deal what color Zach is. Lol

If Asian kid can't pull off Zach's swagger, then feel free to complain all you want, guys.

Last edited:
Mad racists dudes in here. They complain when they switch it up but they complain when white hollywood writers portray them in stereotypical ways. Smh :stoneface: lol

I guess hollywood should just stick to what we are use to in all shows and movies.

Im hispanic btw.

ive known good asian athletes, poor asians, rich blacks, and blacks in academia.

Hmm how about a native american as the blue ranger.

Lets keep an open mind.

Do you even know what racism is? Lol

If they are playing from the old MMPR then Zack has to be Black, what's the point of even changing it? Are they going to make Kimberly something other than a slim snow bunny? If this is a different Zack, not tied to the OG character then make him whatever race you want him to be.

Anyways so whats with them using OG names if this is not supposed to be based on the OG story? I havent read anything about the plot.

And who cares what colors The rangers are, I'm not about to beg white folks to give us jobs, the issue is only when someone stands in your way to being self sufficient. If the Asian kid was the best actor then cool, beats putting a black kid and giving him a sterotypical role or something.

Maybe the point of changing the color is to get the best person to play Zach, regardless of race. Let's hit the breaks until we see how dudes performance as Zach is, and then we complain lol

If they are playing from the old MMPR then Zack has to be Black, what's the point of even changing it? Are they going to make Kimberly something other than a slim snow bunny? If this is a different Zack, not tied to the OG character then make him whatever race you want him to be.
These are fictional characters he doesnt have to be anything, this is the same stuff white folks were crying about for these dumb comic movies.

point is, dont bring back MMPR as well as the same character names then change them. it has nothign to do with being racists.

if they wanna make the yellow ranger black then they should of used the different version of PR and done Aisha. simple as that.

Hollywood ruins our childhoods and were supposed to be ok with that? :rolleyes

again id had no problem with the casting had it been a different version of the rangers. but dont use MMPR then say **** the history and switch it up. thats not cool.

Exactly right. If this is about Zach just has to be black, he doesn't have to be anything. He's a fictional character.

If this is about just wanting someone black to represent on MMPR, just relax- I'm sure they're going to cast someone black Lol.

Asian is the best actor to portray a former character that was Black? So now Black people aint good enough to play Black people?

point is, dont bring back MMPR as well as the same character names then change them. it has nothign to do with being racists.

if they wanna make the yellow ranger black then they should of used the different version of PR and done Aisha. simple as that.

Hollywood ruins our childhoods and were supposed to be ok with that? :rolleyes

again id had no problem with the casting had it been a different version of the rangers. but dont use MMPR then say **** the history and switch it up. thats not cool.

What was your reaction when people complained about making Nick Fury black in the marvel cinematic universe/ultimate comics, or Iris black on The Flash, or the kingpin black in the 2005 DD movie, or when they just recently made Johnny Storm black, and so on? Did you agree? Just curious.

dathbgboy dathbgboy , what say you as well? Cuz people were saying the same thing y'all are saying now lol

Last edited:
Asian is the best actor to portray a former character that was Black? So now Black people aint good enough to play Black people?

You went to the auditions? Quit waiting for white people to make your entertainment and make your own if this is am issue. I can give a rats nuts sack about who plays who in a fictional movie, movies based on history or stories set during a historic time period is another story.

This is like when they made Goku some random white guy in the live action movie. I'm just so appalled.

You went to the auditions? Quit waiting for white people to make your entertainment and make your own if this is am issue. I can give a rats nuts sack about who plays who in a fictional movie, movies based on history or stories set during a historic time period is another story.

I'm just here to rustle jimmies sir, I don't even think I'm going to see the movie until it hits Netflix :lol: I couldn't care less either being that it's a fictional character and I have nothing invested in the movie, it'd be hypocritical of me to be upset about this but not upset about them having and little Black girl playing Annie.

I'm just here to rustle jimmies sir, I don't even think I'm going to see the movie until it hits Netflix :lol: I couldn't care less either being that it's a fictional character and I have nothing invested in the movie, it'd be hypocritical of me to be upset about this but not upset about them having and little Black girl playing Annie.

As a black man Im more for us making our own media and epic stories than waiting for someone to give us an audition. When it comes to movies like this at most i will sneak into it or just peep it on netflix

Back
Top Bottom