Michael Jordan Officially a Billionaire! - NASCAR Team Owner

But his image is their product. Do u understand that? Nike is selling alotta shoes that are priced cheaply but because of the jordan name they can charge what they want and still sellout every single time

Ppl buy cole simply because its coke. Shasta cola might be the same thing but ppl still opt fir coke because of the name

But his image is their product. Do u understand that? Nike is selling alotta shoes that are priced cheaply but because of the jordan name they can charge what they want and still sellout every single time

Ppl buy cole simply because its coke. Shasta cola might be the same thing but ppl still opt fir coke because of the name

Okay again, what's your point?

He's being paid handsomely, he has no other alternative.

He has no room to negotiate, whatsoever.

What's he going to do? Punish Nike by pulling his contract?

:lol:

Can't wait for the Adidas Jordan I. Long overdue, bwahaha.

And your cola comparison is not apt.

Last edited:
MJ is worth more to Nike than Nike is to him. He doesnt need more money as an individual but Nike needs his name to make billions off his name and continue to grow as a company.
5% feels like a slap in the face honestly. Id ask for more, if they say no, I walk.
They'd beg him to come back in a few months and give gim what he asks.

Last edited:
MJ is worth more to Nike than Nike is to him. He doesnt need more money as an individual but Nike needs his name to make billions off his name and continue to grow as a company.
5% feels like a slap in the face honestly. Id ask for more, if they say no, I walk.
They'd beg him to come back in a few month and give gim what he asks.

:lol: MJ is worth more to Nike than Nike is to him? Really?

Again what's the alternative? Who else is he going to sign a shoe deal with?

He has no leverage.

He has 2 bilions dollars a year in leverage :lol:

Have u studied business before?

econ yes, but still that 2 billion dollars a year isn't ALL because of him.

who designs the shoes?

who handles distribution?

supply chain management?

etc etc etc....

JB is a company, not just MJ. He's not sitting there manufacturing the shoes himself. Also while Nike doesn't handle the manufacturing duties it handles the marketing aspect.

In the end how much money JB is generating as a subsidiary of Nike isn't enough leverage alone to give MJ enough leverage to ask for more.

He has no alternative to speak of. He can get his Hanes on if he wants.

Last edited:
Take some business courses and u will understand.

Ive tried my best. May yeezus forgive me for my sins

you haven't tried at all, you've managed to overlook operating costs, including import tariffs.

a lot of the money made is put toward future business endeavors,

I mean I highly doubt you've taken any business courses considering your argument my dude. overlooking the overhead.

that 2 billion isn't net

nike took in a net profit of 696million in 2013

Jordan took 90 million net...

Comparing both... Jordan's net was 12.9% of Nikes ENTIRE corporate empire....

That's alot....take some math classes

Last edited:
that 2 billion isn't net

nike took in a net profit of 696million in 2013

Jordan took 90 million net...

Comparing both... Jordan's net was 12.9% of Nikes ENTIRE corporate empire....

That's alot..

exactly, he's being paid handsomely like I said.

again, what leverage?

You'd think they could spare 10 million dollars in profits for the people in asia who make the shoes. Imagine how much good $10 million dollars of salary increases would do in asia.

Look Mike pitches in $5 million and ends up with $85 million and Nike pitches in $5 million to bring Jordan brand down to $691 Billion.

Its not like they gotta give up their 5th and 6th homes.

Last edited:
If Jordan really believed he could earn more, he would have. 5% royalties are huge, considering the marketing, logistics, and manufacturing involved.

If Jordan really believed he could earn more, he would have. 5% royalties are huge, considering the marketing, logistics, and manufacturing involved.

|I what I've been tryna say man.

Michael Jordan followed suit for donating $5 million, or 11% of the $45 million he brought in last year, to Chicago’s Hales Franciscan High School, a historically African-American Catholic prep school.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/24/op...brity-biz-media-cz_dkr_1124charitycelebs.html

that was in 2008... who knows what other charities he' been involved in since...

you guys need to stop speakin on other peoples' wallets

realtalk

Michael Jordan followed suit for donating $5 million, or 11% of the $45 million he brought in last year, to Chicago’s Hales Franciscan High School, a historically African-American Catholic prep school.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/24/op...brity-biz-media-cz_dkr_1124charitycelebs.html

that was in 2008... who knows what other charities he' been involved in since...

realtalk

2nd post in the thread after OPs.....

I been said a portion of the proceeds from JB purchases goes to education initiatives.

:smh: :lol:

Last edited:

realtalk

2nd post in the thread after OPs.....

I been said a portion of the proceeds from JB purchases goes to education initiatives.

:smh: :lol:

wrong quote my dude.. i ment to quote this guy

You'd think they could spare 10 million dollars in profits for the people in asia who make the shoes. Imagine how much good $10 million dollars of salary increases would do in asia.

Look Mike pitches in $5 million and ends up with $85 million and Nike pitches in $5 million to bring Jordan brand down to $691 Billion.

Aint nobody gonna be rocking no adidas Jordan's dog.

He either gets 5% of $2+ billion or he can go elsewhere & get a bigger percentage of a MUCH smaller pie & end up with less money
Kinda funny how Jordan brand generated 2.25 billion in revenues last year and Mike himself gets 90 mil off that. Thats less than 5% total.
Id be mad if I was him.
Okay again, what's your point?

He's being paid handsomely, he has no other alternative.

He has no room to negotiate, whatsoever.

What's he going to do? Punish Nike by pulling his contract?

laugh.gif

Can't wait for the Adidas Jordan I. Long overdue, bwahaha.

And your cola comparison is not apt.
You guys have to remember MJ make alot of money off:

Gatorade

Frank ball park hotdogs

Hanyes

Nike clothes

NBA retirement pension

and others as well

So im sure he made well over 90 million

It's incredible how much of an Influence the Jordan retro brand has on Pop culture today. After copping the 10's on Saturday, I really started thinking about it. Like, I'm starting to believe the retro influence will never leave :lol: like most products have a rise and a fall, but when will the retro become "not popular" or not the cool shoe to own anymore?

I was also pretty ignorant about the influence of the Jordan Brand. Didn't think anyone bought the team Jordans or Jordan apparel :lol:

Amazing to see the empire that his Shoe Line has become. It seems like in recent years the retros have enjoyed a spark of sorts in pop culture thanks in large part to social media. I mean, they've never died or anything but the Jordan Retro hype is at a fever pitch right now.

I can tell you know it cost about $6 to make a nike shoe
Dude get all the free nike clothing and shoes he want for him and his family plus Im sure he have big time stock in the company that is worth even more

Back
Top Bottom