Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

You don't have to repeat any of the hard mode missions; those are completely optional.

Do the main story missions, raise your buddy level with Quiet to max, listen to the yellow (plot relevant) cassettes, do the yellow (plot relevant) side ops, and return to Mother Base frequently to complete the story

Tell me this wouldn't have been epic as hell

At the end of the day, Solid Snake is still the hero of the story, and NOT Big Boss.

It's crazy throughout all these years and all these games you really only get to play with Prime Solid Snake once.

MGS2 doesn't count and MGS4 he was old. But if you still want to include that, that's only twice in 8 games over 17 years. That goes to show how great of a game MGS1 was.

Last edited:
You play as snake in the "Metal Gear" games, but yeah.

I wish we could got one more MGS before Old Snake.

Last edited:
Nobody I know played the old 8 bit Metal Gears :lol: the games are severely outdated with regards to game play and especially with regards to plot. Which is why it was crucial that this game bridged the gap between MGS3/Peace Walker and MG1/2 as conclusively as possible. Which it didn't :smh:

Kojima had ONE JOB and all he did was raise 100000x more questions than answers and make us question the veracity of MG1/2's now-outdated plot even more.

And it's official that this is the last of the franchise. Such a bittersweet note.

Nah, Old Snake a beast.  If you don't like him old, just put his handsome young face camo on, and you can't even tell the difference.

Meryl still wanted to throw it back on Snake but just couldn't because he was old :smh:

And cosign the Young Snake face camo. Played the whole game like that my second playthrough

Last edited:
In regards to the ending, I see where Kojima is coming from. I think it's the "something that's never been done before in video games" that he talked about once.

He literally makes the player a huge part of the Metal Gear lore. The player is inserted into Metal Gear history, becoming the villain of the very first game in the series.

The very end, in case you didn't catch it, is when Venom Snake/you are about to get killed by Solid Snake at the end of MG1.

There are a few plot holes with it and it leaves me feeling empty knowing that we weren't playing as Big Boss, he was out doing other important ****, and it feels like that's the story we should've gotten. It feels like there would've been more epic story moments if Kojima decided to make that game instead.

The idea is cool (the execution maybe not so much), but it feels like a side story because it's what went on in the background to the real Big Boss' story and we just never knew about it.

Last edited:
Yeah I really wanted to see the character shift from hero to villain, big boss seems to be the most noble character in the entire series :lol: but I guess good and bad is subjective :\

So yesterday was my bday and I played for about 30 minutes and I'm on a mission and I get a call over my idroid thing saying I need to get back to the base ASAP something is going down on mother base. I'm like damn the base is getting taken over. Nope, it was a bday surprise on mother base for me and even Quiet gave me a surprise. I was like damn, that was cool as hell.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

There was a Chapter 3 entitled Peace that got cut from the game. The beef between Konami and Kojima derailed the final product.

^damn, source?  Kojima will be back :pimp:.  But RIP to Big Boss, Solid Snake, and the crew.

That sucks man. I got up to Chapter 2 yesterday, the trailer before you start got me hyped but yall killing my hypeness how yall being so disappointed with the story.

Bros, DDog is the TRUTH!
I know man, in missions where you gotta find and locate certain prisoners or soldiers.  I dont even have to interrogate anyone.  Some missions i'll just roll up to where they are throw some magazines around, and extract dude.

These buddies are like easy mode for the game.

Last edited:
Chapter 3 was supposed to conclude the Liquid/Psycho Mantis storyline. You can watch the (unfinished) cutscenes on Youtube.

The ending we got would still have been in the game, just later. And the twist is still trash

Last edited:
That sucks man. I got up to Chapter 2 yesterday, the trailer before you start got me hyped but yall killing my hypeness how yall being so disappointed with the story.

I'm enjoying the game. The story hasn't been a problem for me thus far. Everyone isn't going to be satisfied.

Yeah I think I used D Dog and Quiet each for one mission then went back to D Walker... I feel like I'm only doing half the work with the help.

I haven't even brought out the D-Walker.

If you've completed missions 30 or higher
I wanna try out the Skulls uniform on these SideOps, but I still gotta collect these parasites.

Back
Top Bottom