Messed Up ot Not: Teaching Your Kids About Santa Clause (At All)

Sure you can compare lying to your kids about Santa being on the same lines as forcing them into believing a religion that YOU (parent) feel they should buy into.

I am strictly speaking on the "FORCING THEM TO BELIEVE" aspect of each practice.

Nobody is saying kids are going to therapy to undo the trauma caused from believing in Santa.

Nice try though.
Do you have any experience with elementary aged kids? Nieces/nephews, cousins? I feel like you are speaking in theory and never really interact with kids.

Would y'all rather tell your kids that Santa is real or that pro wrestling is real?

Discuss
C0D71D68-73C4-4504-B65F-5CCED87DE881.gif

Even though I am not a fan, the athleticism exhibited in Pro Wrestling is very real, even though the result is fixed. I'd have no problem with telling my kids this if they were interested at that time. However, to suggest something like some dude coming to give you some presents simply because you've been nice, sets kids up to be taken advantage of in a very real way. It suggests something unrealistic, and who wants to start lying to their kids at a young age anyway? Keep it real. Mom and Dad worked to give you these things, so there is no need to wish for them on a bogus holiday.

Even though I am not a fan, the athleticism exhibited in Pro Wrestling is very real, even though the result is fixed. I'd have no problem with telling my kids this if they were interested at that time. However, to suggest something like some dude coming to give you some presents simply because you've been nice, sets kids up to be taken advantage of in a very real way. It suggests something unrealistic, and who wants to start lying to their kids at a young age anyway? Keep it real. Mom and Dad worked to give you these things, so there is no need to wish for them on a bogus holiday.

You sound bitter/miserable.

I don’t think I ever really believed in Santa but I remember I confirmed it when I noticed Santa and my dad had the same handwriting

and

looked exactly the same :lol: :lol:

Mommy, are these people struggling because they weren't nice this year? What did they do wrong? Does santa not like them? Maybe if they were nicer, would Santa find them a new job/house/healthcare?!

Daddy, were Black people slaves and women relegated to the kitchen because they didn't leave cookies out for santa the last time he visited?

I mean interpreting it as an argument is taking the the tweet way to literally but I have to ask, why? :lol:

Only the modern human relegates astrology to being something women use to weed out dating prospects .

As I mentioned before, every native civilization "believed in astrology. "

kingkoopa kingkoopa A parent putting a belief on their kids is indirectly forcing them to believe it.

"Case in point" the millions of racist white folks throughout American history that were "forced" (by their parents) to believe Blacks were inferior.

I am not comparing racism to Santa before anyone refuses to comprehend.

Santa and gifts main event the holiday.
Not Jesus.

But we are attacking "Christian" holiday.

Not even sure how you came to that conclusion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom