MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure how u guys are checking for b grades or what not. Jb isn't exactly producing quality retros these days PERIOD. And u guys r inspecting these j's that are made in china like the iPhone? C'mon now.... If u got 10 pairs from footlocker, they all gonna look different, glue stains, seams, threads, jumpman logo...etc. if u gonna buy j's jus gotta live wit it. Also, the whole sneaker community complains of jb quality even tho we all gonna line up for the next release.

I'm not even sure how u guys are checking for b grades or what not. Jb isn't exactly producing quality retros these days PERIOD. And u guys r inspecting these j's that are made in china like the iPhone? C'mon now.... If u got 10 pairs from footlocker, they all gonna look different, glue stains, seams, threads, jumpman logo...etc. if u gonna buy j's jus gotta live wit it. Also, the whole sneaker community complains of jb quality even tho we all gonna line up for the next release.
You don't know **** son go back to the sandbox.

damn straight,it is what it is,,,i will sell out anyways,who knows,some retail stores are selling B-Grade,you never know, :rolleyes

Just curious....sorry to dig this up from a almost a week ago. But about these new "Space Jams"...are they gonna fraud the tag on the inside by saying they were made during 2009? Or are they gonna put the true production dates on these? I'm assuming they were all made within the last 6 months. Are they really gonna put some 2012 dates in there?
I've asked for pics of tags from eBayers, and all have 2009 production dates.

MK is legit, some people questioned them about the concords. I bought a pair of concords from MK off ebay and they are no B Grades they legit, MK is legit i dunno about the other 2. One thing i did hear about MK is that they had Yeezys for $500 at one point but I never saw this for myself. Also I compared my MK concords to my DTLR concords and everything is the same, honestly people complain about glue and say they B-Grades is a load of crap to me, you can go to any store like FNL FTL Champs DTLR Shoe City Jimmy Jazz whatever and get that exact same issue, I know I have that doesn't mean they are B Grades it just means they are getting lazier and hiring more cheap labor at the factory folks needa chill out, the quality of shoes has decreased over the years and people just dont want to deal with the facts. If other sites like KC or KF and RMK get restocks on Concords and Space Jams but no one questions them though? Means they are just salty because they may have got a pair with some extra "glue" on the side. Trust your gut and what you think is right I bet you buy a pair from any of those sites and do a legit check on here and dont say where you got them I can guarantee that everyone will say they are legit. It's already happened with other members. Do your own homework and decide for yourself.

You might be a noob but your right about that, I've been a sneaker head since 95 and the quality has gone to crap on all kicks.

45DE you idiot. Tryna call yourself a sneakerhead but you don't know that MK is DEF NOT LEGIT? That's laughable my dude. Do some research. Hell...just watch a few mental kicks you tube videos and try to tell any real sneakerhead in here that MK is legit. They're a joke bruh, like your sneaker knowledge. BTW they have a full size run of "Space Jams", with no yellowing on the soles, not even around the pods. LOL...don't see anything wrong with this? That's just straight, blatant, fugazi at it's absolute most obvious. How are you that naive fam? Really?

ya still wit this ****?
laugh.gif

I've asked for pics of tags from eBayers, and all have 2009 production dates.
That's pretty hilarious. I bet they made the mistake of making the production dates only a couple of weeks though, instead of over a month or two months like legit pairs are.

But that's just standard JB quality ie Fire/Varsity red IV release. Seemed that about 80% of these shoes that hit all the "authentic" major chains had tremendous flaws in them. And let's not forget some of the really bad pairs of Black Cement 3s that came with non matching leather parts on a pair (1 shoe had tumbled leather where the other shoe didn't on the same part). I'm not saying there aren't issues with early release pairs but if you take a look at the big picture, some of the "flaws" that have been found on early release pairs, say for example that true blue comparison, could have easily been found on regular chain store release pairs.
The fact is last year's Concord release really put the spotlight on all these early release sights. And arguing about calling a shoe a replica when it's clearly made in the same factory is just semantics. Some people want to enjoy buying straigt from Nike or FTL or eastbay and that's cool, but many want to have it early and could care less if its gray market or what not.. there's a big difference in the shoes sold on marqueesole, mentalkicks, sole-up, etc than the ones sold on sites like shoeking23.net, hiphopiop, replicasworld, etc.

Just quoting this.

Not defending early release sites either, just trying to show the people that are calling others stupid may not be looking objectively.

Also even if they aren't as bad as replicasworld etc., they're still questionable in some respects, and if that causes you to view them as fake, that's fine. Others might not though.

I've ordered Concords and 2012 Bred 11's from MK. The Breds were flawless no complaints especially for an early pair. The Concords on the other hand are questionable. The blue tint is WAY more blue than it's supposed to be and also the milky toe box looks like half and half milk! It is sort of milky but yet slightly see through and carbon fiber is sloppy as well. Other then that the rest or the shoe/packaging is straight. Has anyone else had problems with their Concords from Mental Kicks???

Just quoting this.
Not defending early release sites either, just trying to show the people that are calling others stupid may not be looking objectively.
Also even if they aren't as bad as replicasworld etc., they're still questionable in some respects, and if that causes you to view them as fake, that's fine. Others might not though.
Agreed.  I guess it all comes down to what one's definition of authentic is.  Some people won't accept anything short of a pair that was manufactured with authorization from Nike.

Others find it acceptable if a shoe is made with identical materials, from the same factory, same shape, etc.  of undisputed authentic pairs.  So if it functions like a MacBook, looks exactly like a MacBook to the most minute of details, has the same materials and made in the same factory as a MacBook, with the only difference being something intangible like the authorization from the company itself, would that really classify the gray area laptop as utterly fake?  

Now I don't know exactly how do these early release sites operate, but if some of them use Nike exclusive tech like Zoom Air or Flywire, etc. in the shoes they sell, yet once again don't have permission by Nike to make such products, the only difference is a matter of principle.  As SenorRoboto2K5 said, it becomes a subjective issue instead of an objective issue.  

I recently ordered from mental kicks. While the parts may be authentic, there are defects, and they do not come from the original factory. The amount of glue holding the sole together is not that of Nike Factory quality. The smell of glue is so strong that you can't even smell the "new shoe" smell. One of the jordan images on the side has a nose and the other shoe does not. The upper part of the sole has indents. The patent leather on one of the shoes actually has a chip. As if the gloss of it is painted on. The carbon fiber is almost all black and super sloppy. There are no white boxes in the patten. I am not satisfied and will be returning them. I will not buy from them again.

Mental Kicks is constantly replenishing inventory of Concords at a below market price of $269. These can't be b-grades because Nike is not producing them anymore. They have to be high quality counterfeits which have a limitless supply. Kind of like the super C-note that caused the US govt to totally redesign the $100 bill.

What as thread. This topic is always brought up time and time again,

Good comedy tho

Agreed.  I guess it all comes down to what one's definition of authentic is.  Some people won't accept anything short of a pair that was manufactured with authorization from Nike.

Others find it acceptable if a shoe is made with identical materials, from the same factory, same shape, etc.  of undisputed authentic pairs.  So if it functions like a MacBook, looks exactly like a MacBook to the most minute of details, has the same materials and made in the same factory as a MacBook, with the only difference being something intangible like the authorization from the company itself, would that really classify the gray area laptop as utterly fake?  

Now I don't know exactly how do these early release sites operate, but if some of them use Nike exclusive tech like Zoom Air or Flywire, etc. in the shoes they sell, yet once again don't have permission by Nike to make such products, the only difference is a matter of principle.  As SenorRoboto2K5 said, it becomes a subjective issue instead of an objective issue.  
well said...im more open to the grey areas the shoe market presents but some people are rigid in their beliefs and while thos people may not accept the whole picture they still arent wrong at the end of the day

MentalKicks sells B grade shoes! they may sell some legit but they also sell B grades and I have pics to prove it. bought some thunders on there and they were terrible quality. I sent them back and they promised to refund my money for the shipping. that was weeks ago and now they wont even reply to my emails! bottom line i was stupid to trust a company that had no phone number under their contact information. worst customer service ever.

MentalKicks sells B grade shoes! they may sell some legit but they also sell B grades and I have pics to prove it. bought some thunders on there and they were terrible quality. I sent them back and they promised to refund my money for the shipping. that was weeks ago and now they wont even reply to my emails! bottom line i was stupid to trust a company that had no phone number under their contact information. worst customer service ever.

NOT B Grades but high quality replicas/variants/fakes.

Buyer Beware

Don't know what to believe, seems weird that 2 people, unrelated, would call him out recently...
lol at him pulling out those preset cement ivs...also the paint on those raptors is horrible look at the triangles towards the front the points are all rounded...dude is garbage.
How is that his fault? I got some Blk/cement 4s from footlocker that look like the midsole was repainted. It's Nike's problem that they need to address. I'm not sticking up for TCC, I'm just saying you can't blame workmanship issues on the seller. 

I have been collecting Jordan 4s since they first came out. Seeing a few pairs from MentalKicks on the net and YouTube, I can tell you for certain that the Cement 4s in the video are fakes. It seems that variant production has gotten much better with shapes in the shoe but one thing they haven't gotten better with is the speckle paint in the midsole. Fakes up until this point have always had the speckle printed into the midsole making it look too big and drawnon. Authentic pairs have it "speckled" on giving it a texture, like the speckles where put in after the fact. I don't know if they sell some legit pairs too but seeing this makes me stay away completely.
definitely fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom