Mega Man vs Streetfighter - *DECEMBER 17TH*!!!!!

WTF????!!!!! ITS ON!!!

[h1]Round 1, Fight! Mega Man  vsStreet Fighter  Crossover Game Arrives Next Week[/h1]
Street Fighter celebrated its 25th anniversary back in August of this year, and the SF crew are going to help Mega Man ring in the big two-five the only way they know how: By kicking the snot out of him. On December 17th, the 25th anniversary of Mega Man, Capcom will be releasing Street Fighter X Mega Man, a crossover title that pits Mega Man against classicStreet Fighter characters standing in as robot bosses. Before you can shout, “Shut up and take my money!” We have great news. It’s free.

It’s been a while since the last Mega Man game, and it could be argued that it’s been even longer since the last good Mega Man game, but fans won’t have to wait much longer. Street Fighter X Mega Man is just over a week away, and if the reveal trailer is to be believed, it looks awesome.

Modeled after the original 8-bit graphics, the game looks retro and beautiful. Of course it does.Mega Man was always one of the best looking franchises on the old NES. The Mega Man-style sprites of the Street Fighter characters are endearing, bordering on adorable. The gameplay looks pretty straight-forward, and appears to be what you’d expect from a retro Mega Man game, so be prepared to do a lot of jumping.

Street Fighter X Mega Man is interesting not only for what it is, but for how it came about. The official Capcom blog tells the story of how superfan Seow Zong Hui approached them with a skeletal version of the game as a kind of, “Hey, wouldn’t it be neat if…” proof-of-concept, and they ran with it.

The game will be released through Capcom’s Mega Man site on Monday, December 17th. Until then, you can check out the reveal trailer over, and over, and over, and over…

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man/

http://www.geekosystem.com/mega-man-anniversary/

WTF????!!!!! ITS ON!!!

[h1]Round 1, Fight! Mega Man  vsStreet Fighter  Crossover Game Arrives Next Week[/h1]
Street Fighter celebrated its 25th anniversary back in August of this year, and the SF crew are going to help Mega Man ring in the big two-five the only way they know how: By kicking the snot out of him. On December 17th, the 25th anniversary of Mega Man, Capcom will be releasing Street Fighter X Mega Man, a crossover title that pits Mega Man against classicStreet Fighter characters standing in as robot bosses. Before you can shout, “Shut up and take my money!” We have great news. It’s free.

It’s been a while since the last Mega Man game, and it could be argued that it’s been even longer since the last good Mega Man game, but fans won’t have to wait much longer. Street Fighter X Mega Man is just over a week away, and if the reveal trailer is to be believed, it looks awesome.

Modeled after the original 8-bit graphics, the game looks retro and beautiful. Of course it does.Mega Man was always one of the best looking franchises on the old NES. The Mega Man-style sprites of the Street Fighter characters are endearing, bordering on adorable. The gameplay looks pretty straight-forward, and appears to be what you’d expect from a retro Mega Man game, so be prepared to do a lot of jumping.

Street Fighter X Mega Man is interesting not only for what it is, but for how it came about. The official Capcom blog tells the story of how superfan Seow Zong Hui approached them with a skeletal version of the game as a kind of, “Hey, wouldn’t it be neat if…” proof-of-concept, and they ran with it.

The game will be released through Capcom’s Mega Man site on Monday, December 17th. Until then, you can check out the reveal trailer over, and over, and over, and over…

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man/

http://www.geekosystem.com/mega-man-anniversary/
yet another lame arseattempt to keep relevance to a franchise by playing on the nostagia factor... cant/dont have any new ideas or concepts so let us just throw anything out there and see if it sticks

yet another lame arseattempt to keep relevance to a franchise by playing on the nostagia factor... cant/dont have any new ideas or concepts so let us just throw anything out there and see if it sticks

joined 9/2012 and 144 reps? righttttt

sit down

Your point? You know how difficult it is to make NEW stuff?

Played some Mega Man X collection for about 10 minutes the other day, good stuff :pimp: I'll be on the lookout for this

ok and........ your point.. still doesnt change the fact of anything. It is basically a graphical change, if anything... some of yall acting as if it is an entirely new game. This would be like if the rehashed super mario brothers or sonic from the snes/genesis days and iuno instead of there retrospective boses and threw in mortal kombat characters, or something yet the object game play etc... is the exact same. No one would be clamoring over it. So like i said its nothing special and its basically playing on the nostagic of two franchises that ppl love.

And from the last mega man game timeline to now.... im more than certain they could have made a new installment of the game... my god mario has been out for far longer and has made far more games in its respective franchise and has came up with a variety of different games, instaallments of games, and new versions of mario games pretty much every year When has the last megaman even came out? ANd even to elude to that point when was the last "good" megaman game.

I like the series etc... dont get me wrong but if im a fan of the series and been patentially been waiting for a new exiciting game, or installment... and you basically give me a damn near 30 year old game..... that the only differences you made was graphical ones...not even graphical improvements put pretty much on the norder of cut/copy/paste and inserted another character from another series that equally has the same stigma. Regardless if free or not i wouldnt be in some big hoopla about it.

If you dont like it, step your a__ out of this thread and discuss the whole host of other FREE games you deem worthy & readily available. Seriously my dude...actually complaining about free games tho 
roll.gif

As for my opinion....COPPED 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
If you dont like it, step your a__ out of this thread and discuss the whole host of other FREE games you deem worthy & readily available. Seriously my dude...actually complaining about free games tho 
roll.gif

As for my opinion....COPPED 
pimp.gif
um hello has it even came out yet? so how can i like or dislike the game....? and how you all cosigning a game you havent even played? and where did i even complained? i just called it for what it is. and so what if its free... your point. ? plenty of things are free doesnt deem them as good. And just because it is free even if i were to comment on the game... something cant be reviewed, judged etc.. just because it is free. So i guess the reviews and ratings on things like free apps in the appstore should be completely doet away with cause hell they free. Why even have a comment/review section on the apps cause hell they are free right? And futhermore last i checked this wasnt a appreciation thread, it is a thread and the purpose of a thread outside of appreciation ones are to discuss... in which there usually are a pro and con side to discussions.

Meh concept but its free so I'm not faulting them. Though I hate Capcom's business practices from a consumer standpoint.

Last edited:

Why did you quote the entire OP when you were the first person to reply?

Last edited:
ok and........ your point.. still doesnt change the fact of anything. It is basically a graphical change, if anything... some of yall acting as if it is an entirely new game. This would be like if the rehashed super mario brothers or sonic from the snes/genesis days and iuno instead of there retrospective boses and threw in mortal kombat characters, or something yet the object game play etc... is the exact same. No one would be clamoring over it. So like i said its nothing special and its basically playing on the nostagic of two franchises that ppl love......
I think you're missing a couple key takeaways from the original post. It started as a fan made game. One guy developing it himself. Capcom took notice and now we're here with a pretty polished free game that's a cool treat for fans of the franchises. There's a lot of stuff I can rag on Capcom for, but this is actually pretty cool of them.

at first i didnt think it was serious but that trailer is so dope,back to the 8 bit,16 bit era

Back
Top Bottom