McLaren MP4-12C vol. Engine Sex

^Yup. F1 drivers' conditioning is crazy. I read somewhere that Michael Schumacher had the fitness comparable 25 year old at age 35.
eek.gif

EDIT: Found an interesting read. http://www.health24.com/f...2175-2184-2277,13779.asp

The part about visual fitness is amazing. You can see that when Jenson drives the MP4-12C. He barely blinks!
eek.gif

mentally you gotta be there too. gotta have fast reflexes and being able to make adjustments to the car while going 200mph+.

there's a vid of raikkonen (ferrari f1 driver) passing hamilton driving with just one hand (the other hand's adjusting a knob on his steering wheel, i believe for his brakes).

mentally you gotta be there too. gotta have fast reflexes and being able to make adjustments to the car while going 200mph+.

there's a vid of raikkonen (ferrari f1 driver) passing hamilton driving with just one hand (the other hand's adjusting a knob on his steering wheel, i believe for his brakes).

Originally Posted by bonafide101

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.
 I don't know much about racing cars, so what does strength have to do with driving an F1 car?
DD posted some good vids on F1 fitness, so check those out.  When I say "athletic/strong", I don't mean strong in the sense of being able to bench XX lbs and whatnot.  In fact, that last thing you want is to add any unnecessary muscle/body mass... extra weight will slow you down.  Strength-wise, I suppose the biggest think they talk about is the neck, in which you have to deal with the G-forces, especially under braking.  Arm strength and endurance is necessary for the turning the steering wheel and fighting the G-forces constantly over 60-70 laps.  Then you have the brake pedal, which I believe requires 50-60kgs of force... multiply that 10+ times per lap, times 60-70 laps.  Good core strength and endurance is also necessary to deal with the extreme temperatures in the cockpit.  
Then there's also the mental aspect of it all, but I won't get into that right now... 

Drivers like Button and Rosberg have also participated in triathlons as a part of their training, and have recorded respectable times... if memory serves, Rosberg was just 15 mins off the professional triathletes.  

Originally Posted by bonafide101

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.
 I don't know much about racing cars, so what does strength have to do with driving an F1 car?
DD posted some good vids on F1 fitness, so check those out.  When I say "athletic/strong", I don't mean strong in the sense of being able to bench XX lbs and whatnot.  In fact, that last thing you want is to add any unnecessary muscle/body mass... extra weight will slow you down.  Strength-wise, I suppose the biggest think they talk about is the neck, in which you have to deal with the G-forces, especially under braking.  Arm strength and endurance is necessary for the turning the steering wheel and fighting the G-forces constantly over 60-70 laps.  Then you have the brake pedal, which I believe requires 50-60kgs of force... multiply that 10+ times per lap, times 60-70 laps.  Good core strength and endurance is also necessary to deal with the extreme temperatures in the cockpit.  
Then there's also the mental aspect of it all, but I won't get into that right now... 

Drivers like Button and Rosberg have also participated in triathlons as a part of their training, and have recorded respectable times... if memory serves, Rosberg was just 15 mins off the professional triathletes.  

Originally Posted by quik1987

Nissan GT-R >

dont know if posted but this car is powered by a VRH V8 from Nissan (like the R390)
pimp.gif

I think I might go with a VH V8 for my s13

Originally Posted by quik1987

Nissan GT-R >

dont know if posted but this car is powered by a VRH V8 from Nissan (like the R390)
pimp.gif

I think I might go with a VH V8 for my s13

How is it that a car nearly 20yrs old is still so dominant?

McLaren F1 is my ultimate dream car.

How is it that a car nearly 20yrs old is still so dominant?

McLaren F1 is my ultimate dream car.

It's a beast.

I'd take the 458 over it though.

A big "problem" is that compared to the F1 it wasnt such a significant step forward in automotive history, like everyone hoped.

It's a beast.

I'd take the 458 over it though.

A big "problem" is that compared to the F1 it wasnt such a significant step forward in automotive history, like everyone hoped.

^ But the 12C was never meant to "replace" the F1. It's developed by McLaren Automotive, while the F1 and the SLR was developed by McLaren's racing division. Having said that, they're now working on the next proper F1 replacement.  The 12C was targeted at cars like the 458, while the F1 went up against cars like the F40.

^ But the 12C was never meant to "replace" the F1. It's developed by McLaren Automotive, while the F1 and the SLR was developed by McLaren's racing division. Having said that, they're now working on the next proper F1 replacement.  The 12C was targeted at cars like the 458, while the F1 went up against cars like the F40.

^This.
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...ently-testing-50-liter-v8-799-horsepower.html

A lot of power coming from a V 8, coming at a cool 1.5 million though. Worth it....

^This.
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...ently-testing-50-liter-v8-799-horsepower.html

A lot of power coming from a V 8, coming at a cool 1.5 million though. Worth it....

Back
Top Bottom