McLaren MP4-12C vol. Engine Sex

Wassup Curt... haven't chatted with you in a while... What's the news on the new "F1"?  With all the 12C talk, understandably, we haven't heard much on this new car.

DD ~ I think what Curt means (and I'm speculating here), is that when F1 cars reach a certain "age" their tech/secrets become obsolete... that's when they become 'available' rich folks and VIPs (and not as risk of other teams buying it for their secrets). I'm guessing thats what he means cuz I've seen Ferrari vids where they have some rich guy buy an old Schumi F1 car and drive it around the Maranello track (complete with a team of Ferrari mechanics). Having said that, I don't think I've seen someone buy a McLaren MP4-XX...

Anyway, Eau Rouge is probably in the top 5 corners for a lot of people... But I think (and I'm not certain) they've made the tarmac grippier over the past few years, so it's not as "on the edge" as it used to be. Less of a thrill for some folks I suppose, but for me, it's still one of my favs.
Forgot to post this vid...

Wassup Curt... haven't chatted with you in a while... What's the news on the new "F1"?  With all the 12C talk, understandably, we haven't heard much on this new car.

DD ~ I think what Curt means (and I'm speculating here), is that when F1 cars reach a certain "age" their tech/secrets become obsolete... that's when they become 'available' rich folks and VIPs (and not as risk of other teams buying it for their secrets). I'm guessing thats what he means cuz I've seen Ferrari vids where they have some rich guy buy an old Schumi F1 car and drive it around the Maranello track (complete with a team of Ferrari mechanics). Having said that, I don't think I've seen someone buy a McLaren MP4-XX...

Anyway, Eau Rouge is probably in the top 5 corners for a lot of people... But I think (and I'm not certain) they've made the tarmac grippier over the past few years, so it's not as "on the edge" as it used to be. Less of a thrill for some folks I suppose, but for me, it's still one of my favs.
Forgot to post this vid...

eek.gif
Crazy video, just saw it. They were saying that he had a large gap from when he pressed the accelerator to the brake and that it had to be instantaneous. The gap .5 seconds
eek.gif
the skill it takes to drive an F1 car and being the best at it must be astronomical.

eek.gif
Crazy video, just saw it. They were saying that he had a large gap from when he pressed the accelerator to the brake and that it had to be instantaneous. The gap .5 seconds
eek.gif
the skill it takes to drive an F1 car and being the best at it must be astronomical.

Yeah. Eau Rouge is definitely on of my favorite corners, too. Love the whole track, actually.
pimp.gif
hope i can get to visit that one day... and Monza, too!

Yeah. Eau Rouge is definitely on of my favorite corners, too. Love the whole track, actually.
pimp.gif
hope i can get to visit that one day... and Monza, too!

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by quik1987

Nissan GT-R >
nahhh they're cool but they aren't that great.  i'd take a turbo 997.2
pimp.gif
ah yes...........nissan gtr vs 997.2 turbo s

price range is VERY different though, thats why folks love the gt-r

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by quik1987

Nissan GT-R >
nahhh they're cool but they aren't that great.  i'd take a turbo 997.2
pimp.gif
ah yes...........nissan gtr vs 997.2 turbo s

price range is VERY different though, thats why folks love the gt-r

yea but once you pay the mark up and maintenance it brings it a lot closer.  i know the gt-r's now are going for 65k.  once they start selling again they are going to be going for 100+ just like before. 

yea but once you pay the mark up and maintenance it brings it a lot closer.  i know the gt-r's now are going for 65k.  once they start selling again they are going to be going for 100+ just like before. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.

I don't know much about racing cars, so what does strength have to do with driving an F1 car?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.

I don't know much about racing cars, so what does strength have to do with driving an F1 car?

Can't edit my post but yea the G-force will kill your body especiallly your neck if it isn't strong which is why they strap there helmets to weights in the gym to get that hulk neck and the cockpit of the car gets around 60 degrees and a average race is an hour and 45 minutes long so you have to be fit.

Can't edit my post but yea the G-force will kill your body especiallly your neck if it isn't strong which is why they strap there helmets to weights in the gym to get that hulk neck and the cockpit of the car gets around 60 degrees and a average race is an hour and 45 minutes long so you have to be fit.

Back
Top Bottom